Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 10:04 AM
Thank you! :D
I am in progress creating a world, now I had bit turquoise sea! :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 12:35 AM Last edited by zera0820 : 6th Dec 2010 at 12:55 AM.
I have LN version 6.1.

I am fine through steps 1 and 2, but when I try to open the installed world in Documents/ElectronicArts/TheSims3/InstalledWorlds - I have no installed worlds. I've checked and the entire folder is empty. Right now I only have 2 save game files - one in Sunset Valley and one in Bridgeport.

I'm trying to give Bridgeport the colors from Claeric's original mod. Help would be greatly appreciated!!

*edit*

I searched around and found a .world file for Bridgeport but it wasn't in the path Claeric gave in the tutorial... I found my file in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Late Night/Game Data/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds.

Is this right?

*edit2*

Okay, I used that and followed the rest of the directions. It appeared to be successful in S3PE, but when I loaded my save game, it hadn't changed!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 1:07 AM
I hope you backed up that file first, your game will check that file when you patch.

Try deleting your caches- you may also need to (backup and) remove the Bridgeport.objectCache file from Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Late Night\ Caches.
Test Subject
#29 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 10:42 AM Last edited by zera0820 : 6th Dec 2010 at 11:56 AM.
Yep, I backed everything up.

I tried deleting my caches, but no luck. Has anyone been able to successfully edit the Bridgeport world water? And if so, is the water structure different from Sunset Valley's? It looks perhaps... clearer??

*edit*

There is definitely something funky with Bridgeport's water. Claeric's default mod for "all worlds" only works in Sunset Valley for me, and not in Bridgeport. I took his mod out, edited the ini files to create my own default (ProgramFiles/ElectronicArts/TheSims3/Gamedata/Shared/Nonpackaged/Ini), and yep, they only change the water in Sunset Valley.

What is going on??
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 3:02 AM
Has this thread died out, or are there still people around who might know how to help? Cause i have a question
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 2:10 PM Last edited by simsample : 21st Jun 2011 at 12:59 PM.
zera0820, I've seen that others have had difficulty editing Bridgeport's water, too. There must be something we are missing regarding this!

ETA: Pease see here for new discoveries regarding the Bridgeport water:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=427478

vgbookworm, yes- you can still ask a question, I think the last poster just didn't get answered because no-one really knows the solution.
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 11:12 PM
definitely interested in changing bridgeport's water color..it is ugly!!!! if anyone has any insights...that would be fabulous.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 4:04 AM
*Sigh* me too would love this. I have been using his water package religiously since it was released and quite can't get comfy in Bridgeport without it. If anyone has a clue on editing the water color don't be shy, please inform us.
Test Subject
#34 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:57 AM Last edited by simsample : 21st Jun 2011 at 12:59 PM.
You'll want to open bridgeport.world and have a look at instance number 0xD89F9D186B7BB372 - at the bottom there's some setting called WaterDepthFactor that seems to control the murkiness. I haven't played with it so it's up to you to try it out. I don't quite see a setting to change the color but perhaps the murkiness is whats controlling the color.

Mod Edit: please see this thread for more information:

Test Subject
#35 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 12:37 PM
This tutorial seems not to work for me in the point of implementing a clouded sky into my custom neighborhoods. But simply changing the watercolor works though as described. I followed all the steps and tried with clean caches, newest patches etc. In finally I tried to import Bridgeport sky with clouds to my custom city which also wasn't working for me. Maybe there's some extra work needed to make clouds appearing not only skycolors. I would appreciate any help on making clouds appearing. Strange is that I can see clouds actually in the water reflections, but on the sky there are none.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#36 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:11 PM
Cyberrocket, there is a lot of fog in Bridgeport, so that could be why you aren't getting the desired effect. Take a look in this thread:
You'll see some files that Tamlo31 modified from Sims Medieval in post #18, those have some good clouds, so you can take a look at the settings in those.

Also, China and France ini files have some beautiful clouds, if you have WA. You can look at the settings in these files and compare to your own, to see the difference. Please note that the weather ini files have a value called 'ProbabilityWeight'. The lower that number the less likely it is for that particular sky setting to be used (that's why the Bridgeport stormy weather has ProbabilityWeight = 0, so it occurs very rarely). You will need to increase the probablility weight when testing, so that you have a good chance of seeing your custom sky in action. There is also a setting in the Sky tunables for how often the weather changes (WeatherRandomizeInterval = N), I would set that to 3 or 4 when you test so that you get lots of different weather in a sim day.

The Bridgeport, Twinbrook and vacation custom settings also have associated colour ramp files, which give different tone to the water and light. You need to be aware of those during your experimenting too!
Test Subject
#37 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 1:14 PM
Thank you simsample, I did it like you said. I got all working but clouds not. Clouds won't appear even if I set frequent weather changes and ProbabilityWeight = 1. I tested with France, Egypt and Bridgeport files including this settings and with WeatherRandomizeInterval = 2. Maybe I missed something else or my color settings are wrong for the clouds. Earlier I had ProbabilityWeight = 0 and WeatherRandomizeInterval = 8 at the defaults but even changing these brings not up any single cloud during two Sim weeks. The strange thing is, that all other stuff works fine even camera flight and fogs as well egypt heat effects. In Bridgeport by default clouds appear with EA's original settings after 8 hours (at 4pm starting simulation at 7am), but in the custom neighborhood the same setup seems not to take any effects and the sky stays always clear.
Do I need to setup any DDS image for the cloud perhaps or something else? I just open my world in S3PE and import all weather INI files there with right ID and original game settings for clouds e.g. Bridgeport. Then I exchange ProbabilityWeight = 1 and WeatherRandomizeInterval = 2 and save my neighborhood which is already installed. I enter with a random Sim and start playing (and keep watching the sky for clouds). Maybe you have ready files for TS3 with right pre-made settings already (any kind of clouds would be fine) which I could try out and see the results.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 5:10 AM
Has something changed in how this is done?
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 8:36 PM
Nevermind, I found my problem. I was doing it right, but the colors were too light so I couldn't tell any difference. I should've started with heavy colors to begin with, that would have saved me nearly 24 hours' worth of frustration.
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:32 AM
This is very cool thanks;
But i have a question can you tell us how to change the sky cause i would love to make a snow world and i want the sky white in day but black at night.

but if theres already a forum i can go to, then can i get the link

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 7:45 AM
tigerlover1993, we have a new thread which attempts to explore this, and deals with the method of overriding the sky in the EA worlds (like Bridgeport and China).

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459198
Test Subject
#42 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:26 AM
Very cool! Thank you so much for this!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 4:36 AM
What about ambient/sun lighting? Is this the same banana as with editing the timecyc.dat files in GTA?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#44 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blakegriplingph
What about ambient/sun lighting? Is this the same banana as with editing the timecyc.dat files in GTA?

No idea, have never looked in the GTA files. If you want further information about the sky/ lighting parameters you will be better off looking in this current thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459198

The creator of this thread is no longer a member of this site, and the information is now slightly outdted (since we have been researching more into the weather types/ sea/ sky colours in the current thread).
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Please see note in first post.
Page 2 of 2