Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 12:33 AM
Default Fileshare site recs?
I'm currrently in the process of uploading my first set to MTS and am thinking of hosting some of the files offsite (little things like matching artwork that might make it easier on MTS mods if I offer elsewhere--don't want to violate anyone's TOS, just want to simplify the permissions/approval aspect). Does anyone have recommendations for a good, free or low-cost, fileshare site for me to use?

I'm happy and comfortable using blogger for the actual site, and I've seen people store files on sites like Box and MediaFire.
Box appears to be pay, and MediaFire looks to be free...but is there a reason I have this impression of MediaFire links as being unreliable? Is there another site I'm not aware of that's better than either?

Grateful for any hints y'all can offer!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 6:21 AM
Mega.co.nz
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 9:38 AM
I'll check 'em out, thanks!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 1:20 PM
@moppetliz

http://simfileshare.net/

It's for simmers only, free to use (with only a couple ads on the download page), permanent URLs (ie the download links dont change) and stuff like organise by folder, share an entire folder of items, etc.

If you need an invite, let me know.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 2:54 PM
^^^ What Delphy said. Simfileshare is the best.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 8:33 AM
@Delphy, it looks like a great solution--thanks so much! And thank you very much for offering an invite as well. Yes, please! (^_^)