Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 9:54 PM
Whenever I have twins with two parents of different hair colors, almost always the twins are born with different hair colors but exact facial structures.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 5:01 AM
Default "Test Audience Effect"
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
I agree. I thought I'd read that they did get passed down initially (before Uni?), but that it was changed because players didn't like couples having babies that were much lighter/darker than they were. I wish they were still passed down. Of if they never were passed down, I wish they were (but I thought they had been and that's where the "skintone range" in SimPE came from).

I wouldn't doubt it. It is that "Test Audience" effect, for some reason, the test audience always hates the greatest things about something. So it gets lopped out.
Scholar
#78 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sumpsychochic
Wait, what if there are 2 CAS sims with CC skin? Which one will become dominant? And if one becomes dominant then why does the other not become recessive?

The other won't become recessive because CC skins are as dominant, always. If there are two CC skintones, one will be chosen randomly for the offspring. But it will not work genetically.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Test Subject
#79 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 5:57 AM
Even with default face replacements, Townies still make the ugliest babies with the worst facial combinations. There is no growing into those faces, it's just pure ugly from toddler to adult.. D:
Field Researcher
#80 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 1:47 PM
Well, my Alien / CC skin couple (see avatar) had their twins last night. Both babies had the Alien skin. I also use CC eyes with my Sims and one baby had the father's (Tim) eyes and the other had Tim's mothers eyes.

PS I've had a lot of good luck finding decent looking townies.
#81 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 9:14 PM
I finally got past one generation with my sims, thanks to my first legacy. My heir had to get himself a baby producer, so picked an old flame frome college. Well anyway Suzanne Pons makes some horrible looking children, all with slim lips and weird noses. Damn you Suzanne! There goes the legacy supermodel calender. :(
#82 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 8:24 PM
I just started a new legacy and they had kids, im scared to match them up with townies!
They all look so HORRID in my game!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#83 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 11:20 PM
Has anyone ever seen this before? My daughter's sim had a baby, and it looks like this:

It is the great-great grandchild of Julien Cooke (and Pollination Technician). She has Phaenoh's genetic eye colours in game, and JoyLyn's extra Maxis skintones (hence the baby is S3.5). But I've never seen a baby with Alien eyes and sim skintine before- I thought the eyes were linked to the alien skintone? She does have Pescado's creaturefixes in game, which fixes some problems with the alien eyes, but nothing else to affect this. Is this something that is possible but rare, or is the game glitched? I've tried countless times to get a baby with sim skin and alien eyes, to no avail!
Test Subject
#84 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 11:37 PM
The alien eyes and human skin tone is probably possible but rare. I have had it only a couple of times in my game. However, it could be a glitch. Sorry that didn't really answer your question haha!
Alchemist
#85 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 11:43 PM
I have had it before (quite a lot actually)... I have alien babies with normal eyes too.

Also... Does your daughter have alien eyes seperatley downloaded (as CC?)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#86 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
I have had it before (quite a lot actually)... I have alien babies with normal eyes too.

Also... Does your daughter have alien eyes seperatley downloaded (as CC?)

No, no alien eye downloads. The only genetics in her game are the extra skintones and the extra eye genetics (which are just different shades of sim eyes, no alien look alikes). Maybe she got this because it's so far down the line- I don't think I've had any sims so distantly related to an alien before. As you can see, the baby's mother has the green skin and also has alien eyes, but the father is a homozygous townie, brown eyes brown hair.
Scholar
#87 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 10:15 AM
simsample: This kept happening to me. I had alien eye defaults though - and once I removed them then everything went back to normal. All adopted children in my game got the alien eyes - they had to go.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Scholar
#88 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 12:01 PM
simsample, I've seen it in my game, but only after a long session of an alien sim having kids with a townie and wondering why, despite having default replacements, I was still getting the Maxis brown eyes on the offspring who had Maxis skintones.

Basically the coding is screwy for alien eyes. Genetically all the babies I was being given with brown eyes had the alien eyes, but they were unable to show it, and instead were showing the eye colour on the skintones.

I highly doubt it's anything to worry about. If it is, then all the people who have legacies where at least one sim has normal skin/alien eyes needs to start worrying :P

Edit: The main reason I wanted to post here...I've had blonde hair as a recessive gene for a legacy founder (who showed black hair), and it showed up on his great-grandson in the main lineage. The founder married a black-haired woman, their black-haired daughter married a brown-haired man, and their brown-haired son married a blonde-haired woman. Out pops a son with blond hair.

A different family: the starting couple were a black-haired husband and a brown-haired wife, and their son got black hair. He married a red-haired woman and all of a sudden they have two blonde-haired daughters. Turns out I'd given (and then forgotten I'd given) the starting wife a recessive blonde gene.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 11:23 PM
I kind of like seeing how ugly my Sims will get. Once you introduce Goopy to the gene pool... Well, let's just say that if you're looking for ugly Sims, he's the Townie to use.

I started out a custom neighbourhood with a fairly unique-looking male Sim. He had blond hair and grey eyes. I made him marry Brandi LeTourneau, who has brown hair and grey eyes. For some reason, all five of their children had black hair, and only one (the fourth) had his father's facial features. Go figure.
Test Subject
#90 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 3:43 PM
I notice that a lot of my sims noses seem too short for their face. Y'know, the gap between the nose and mouth seems kinda big. It's reaaally annoying. Even if the parents are both beautiful the kidlets turn out weird. I guess it's because the face templates aren't combining very well. :/
Test Subject
#91 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
She does have Pescado's creaturefixes in game, which fixes some problems with the alien eyes, but nothing else to affect this.

I scouted this a bit at MATY, and according to Pescado, in the original game the alien eyes were linked to the alien skin...
Quote: Originally posted by Pescado
The black Alien eyes do not appear on teens at all and can only appear in combination with the alien skin: Other sims end up with the eyes painted on the skin texture, which can be really awful.
He also mentions that his fix corrected this. Therefore, alien eyes appearing with normal skintones should in fact be enabled by creaturefix.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#92 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yinakori
I scouted this a bit at MATY, and according to Pescado, in the original game the alien eyes were linked to the alien skin...
He also mentions that his fix corrected this. Therefore, alien eyes appearing with normal skintones should in fact be enabled by creaturefix.

Thankyou yinakori- yes, I read that a while ago and completely forgot to add it to my post. It seems that the original intention was for the game to allow the alien eyes to express on the 'human' skin, but that it was broken. I had originally thought that the creaturefix hack just cured the teen alien eyes and the vampire overlays, but it seems that Pescado has rolled this in at some point which I hadn't read on the forum. He has a habit of summarising the function of the hack in the documentation- for example, creaturefixes says 'Skin coloration and layering fixes' which you wouldn't necessarily understand included this!
Test Subject
#93 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Pescado has rolled this in at some point which I hadn't read on the forum. He has a habit of summarising the function of the hack in the documentation- for example, creaturefixes says 'Skin coloration and layering fixes' which you wouldn't necessarily understand included this!

Yes, very true. The only reason I knew about it was because I searched for that problem specifically and found his little commentary before anything else He does seem to have a habit of not informing people properly, doesn't he? I think he's overestimating our mind-reading powers a bit XD
Page 4 of 4