Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2015 at 8:54 AM
My world is unplayable
Hi everyone! I have a big problem with my world called Aurora. I spent a lot of time to complete it but when I finally have completed it I tried it in-game but it was unplayable: it lags a lot (even in ultra speed mode x4) and the game spends a lot of time to save and load I have to add that I can play with other worlds without any problem (except Isla Paradiso but it is known for its lag, isn't it? ) and I have all EPs and SPs and Monte Vista. Loads are fast with other worlds even in CAS. My pc specs are:
MSI GTX 970 4GB
8 GB Ram
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
Mods installed: MasterController NRaas; ErrorTrap NRaas; icarusallsorts.BeachTowelBuyable. I even tried without mods but it doesn't make any difference. It's a very big world with large map and 300 as max height with 300 lots. It's very frustrating I have spent a lot of time to complete it please help me
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#2 Old 20th May 2015 at 9:21 AM
Moved to the CAW forum.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th May 2015 at 4:12 PM
That is indeed a very large world. One immediate guess would be that the routing isn't done properly.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 20th May 2015 at 4:15 PM
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th May 2015 at 8:22 AM
Hi! I'm Antonio this is my second profile. I have already read that post and I have followed every step when I was completing the world. But I actually have found the problem: when I wrote in the cheat console "resetsim *" the lag was completely gone until morning. So this means that there are a lot of stuck sims during the sim-day?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th May 2015 at 8:38 AM
I didnt know you can reset all sims via cheat. Did you tried Nraas overwatch?
You could post a screenshot from your world in caw so we can take a look at your routing. Remember that there can be routing issues on lots too.

Im not a native speaker
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:22 PM
Yes, I'm using Overwatch but it doesn't fix the lag. I'm going to post the screenshot.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:36 PM
Default Screenshots
Here there are some screenshots in CAW.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Screenshots_01.zip (15.36 MB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:55 PM
Another thing: Does anyone knows the instance of routing data in the world package in s3pe? Sorry for my english. I'm italian
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bestanto97

Hey I thought it was obvious to show the routing, sorry . Please upload a screenshot were we can see the routing (show - routing data). And do it from above - like a map view.

Like this one :
Screenshots

Im not a native speaker
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th May 2015 at 2:07 PM
Ah sorry ok I'm going to post the screenshots
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th May 2015 at 2:17 PM
Default Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Screenshots_02.rar (6.14 MB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
dodgy builder
#13 Old 24th May 2015 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bestanto97
Yes, I'm using Overwatch but it doesn't fix the lag. I'm going to post the screenshot.

Have you set overwatch to show the issues? You can then just click on the img of stuck people and it will show you where you have problems.

http://sims3newyork.blogspot.no/201...-yet-again.html
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th May 2015 at 5:00 PM
Thank you Volvenom I'll try it
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th May 2015 at 5:34 PM
Ok actually it seems that there a lot of service sims that get stuck in apartments even if overwatch reset them, they constantly get stuck. There are also some sims that constantly get stuck at their home so it doesn't matter if overwatch reset them they will get stuck for ever. Not only sims but also pets. So I'm going to replace all the apartments and delete these sims who get stuck. I hope that, after all, there will be no lag
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th May 2015 at 1:09 PM
Hi everyone! After some days I have replaced all the apartments with simple late night buildings that are NOT playable they are just decorations to make the town more realistic. When I have tried the town in game it seems that lag is A LOT reduced and now is playable, but it still lag and the problem is: Sims get stuck in their own house even if in CAW there are not routing problems. I have two families that are blocked at their home and they fail every time they try to go out from their active house. So I have to redistribute all the families so they won't get stuck. But why this is happening? Why there are these problems although in CAW I always rebuild routing data?
Scholar
#17 Old 27th May 2015 at 5:24 PM
Are the houses with stuck sims apartments? If so, it may be apartment markers or lot designation. After looking at your pictures, I see lots of areas - like mountains or, maybe, the little island or along the shore - where sims might get stuck. They will try to go anywhere that is not blocked by sims non-routable paint. Look for isolated / single dots near trees, plants, or objects. Sims trying to get to these places - or get home from these places - will cause lag. Good luck!
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th May 2015 at 5:30 PM
Ok actually I have solved the routing problems in CAW. I just moved the stucked lots from their position and then I put again them in their original position. I have rebuilt routing data another time and when I finally tried my town in game the lag was gone! Thank you for helping me maybe this post could be useful for someone who has the same problem