Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2015 at 10:40 PM Last edited by dino_rex : 23rd May 2015 at 10:51 PM.
Trouble Installing S3PE Unwrapper (Kuree's UITX)
Having trouble adding wrapper to S3PE.

I've downloaded Kuree's UITX wrapper DLL from here: https://code.google.com/p/wrappers-for-s3pe/

I put it in the S3PE root directory. But it doesn't appear to load. There are no special options for the UITX files (and they still appear as jumbled hex). In Settings --> Manage Wrappers, it's not listed.

I've tried reinstalling S3PE. Same problem.

I'm working on modding the TS3 UI and would like to investigate these files for anything useful.

Thanks for any help!

Edited to add: These wrappers were uploaded in 4/2013 so also tried 3/2013 build of S3PE. Still no luck.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:50 AM Last edited by Arsil : 24th May 2015 at 11:01 AM.
Uh, I didn't know there was a wrapper for those, thanks!

It's working for me, just putting the .dll in the main S3PE dir.
I can see the preview and I can use Grid on UITX resources.

It seems UITXs are just list of resources, unless that's all the wrapper can show.

This page http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:0x2F7D0008
seems to suggests that for every entry in List2 there are 2 TGI and then 4 other DWORD,
but that may be an error in the wiki and the 4 DWORD are actually used for the (single) TGI of each entry.

I'm not expert with hex editing, but I think the truth is in the middle.
Each entry (be it of List1 or List2) contains a TGI (4 DWORD) + 4 other DWORD

EDIT: Nope. Give me a minute... Yep, each entry just contains 4 DWORD that are used
to specify a TGI (TypeID, GroupID and InstanceID of a resource).
So the wiki is inaccurate (or I mis-interpreted the notation used there).

P.S.
Keep up the good work with your UI experiments ^^