Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#651 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 6:12 PM
Default Eugenie and James - Albany Mansion
"Oh my goodness, that's absolutely dreadful James, I'm so sorry" she said, wondering what on Earth he possibly could have done that was bad enough to get him disinherited.

Eugenie paused for a moment to sip some tea to allow herself a few minutes to think. She didn't know exactly what to do at the moment. He had done something bad enough not only to get kicked out of school but disinherited as well. She vaguely remembered her father's cousin, and didn't think she would do that to her only son unless she had a very good reason.

On the other hand, he was still family and she would not be able to forgive herself if she didn't do something to help him when he was in trouble. She was really starting to think she should have called Albert in, he'd be better at making a decision then her.

She set the teacup back down on the saucer and looked over at him. "And there was no changing your mother's mind? I'm sure she must just have been upset with you for being ...asked to leave school" she said, trying to voice her thoughts in a diplomatic way "Perhaps after she's had time to cool down she'll re consider".

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#652 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 11:57 PM
James smiled darkly. "Have you ever met my mother, Lady Albany? She holds a grudge. I imagine if both of us are alive in five years and it would help her economically to take me back, then she would consider it. Or so I hope. Does not help me now."

He finished the sandwhich he had taken and took a few sips of tea. The stuff tasted awful, as always, but the warm liquid helped clear his head a bit. Gads, he wanted a drink right then. James decided that it owuldn't be prudent to ask right then for one though. And that being drunk wouldn't help his case any.

"So thats out. Gad, this entire thing sounds like a stupid ballad. I probably shouldn't have even come to bother you in the first place Lady Albany, I'll take my leave." He stood up and bowed formally, then started to walk away across the parlor. "Manipulative bastard" he thought to himself.

He desperately hoped that Eugenie would call him back- that entire thing had been a gambit. It chafed horribly to have to stoop to getting the pity of a noblewoman to have a fair chance of surving, but the more he thought about it the fewer other options he saw.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Scholar
#653 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 3:20 AM
Default Lady Eugenie - Upper Class
"James hold on one minute" she said, carefully setting her cup down on the china saucer before getting up from the chair she had been sitting in.

"Your mother wouldn't really be that way cousin, she's your mother. It doesn't matter how mad she might be at what you did, you're still all eachother has".

Eugenie frowned then, she was starting to get upset that there wasn't anything she could do to help him. Her own family was so close and got along so well, she hated to see other families fighting. "I wish there was something I could do to help you, but unless your mother were to be here for me to try and reason with, I'm afraid I'm at a loss".

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Top Secret Researcher
#654 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 9:49 PM
James was tap dancing on the inside but he kept his expression bleak.
"No, Cousin, I couldn't ask anything of you. I need a place to stay fro the while, but it would be horribly rude of me to ask to impinge upon you and your lovely household. Or ask for a job to pay my own way. You know just as well as I what sort of bad taste that would be, asking a lady, so I will not stoop to that."

He let a smile creep onto his face, a bit sickly, and stood there waiting. He was not subtle, and she probably figured as much, but he was right in assuming that asking outright would get him put out. If he just kept on manipulating her a bit longer, he could probably get free room and board, and undoubtedly in a rich city household there would be plenty of pretty serving girls to keep him.... entertained. Assuming he didn't botch up and reveal his intentions too early.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.

Page 27 of 27