Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 6:04 PM Last edited by wallisdj : 11th Oct 2007 at 1:38 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default What EA/Maxis cannot/won't fix
Questions:

1. Has anyone experienced the following: There is one computer on the lot. Unused, no one wants to use the computer. Mary then uses the computer. The other Sims want to turn the computer off. Is there a way to contain/delete this behavior by the other Sims.

2. At the university, all Drama professors are 100% in love with all Sims they meet. Using SimPE, is there a way to change this preference? I have tried using the in-game Sim Modder to change the relationships with other Sims, but the hearts do not go away.

3. My game crashes when the Secret Society reaches an accumulated fund pot of more than 243 million Simoleons. I have contacted EA, and they are working on this problem. I will post their replies as received.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 6:09 PM
Oh well just goes to show it's just a game.

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 6:26 PM
Locking thread as this isn't a game help question. And many of these issues have been fixed by modders via hacks. You can ask about them in the where can I find forum linked in my signature.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 7:36 AM
Re-opening thread so you can edit it down to specific game play questions and add the two you mentioned via PM. I'll start poking at the site.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 8:00 AM
1, 2, and 4 have hacks to fix 'em. Baby's gender is purely 50/50, completely random unless self-impregnated, in which case one always gets an opposite-gender clone of the parent.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#6 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wallisdj
1. Whenever a Sim uses a computer on a lot, there is an overriding "want" by other Sims to turn that computer off, to the point of throwing a temper tantrum in their frustration. Contrarywise, it is no longer fun to watch the temper tantrums and to keep redirecting their activities to leave the computer user Sim alone.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/u...offcomputer.zip

2. Parents apparently have no clue when it comes to changing diapers. Only nannies will (eventually) change diapers. Leave a parent unguided, they will helplessly cuddle a child with an increasingly filled diaper until in disgust they will a) put the child into a crib or b) place it on the floor.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...babycontrol.zip
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...yharassment.zip

3. Cleanliness to the absurd. Most Sims will place a high priority on picking up discarded bottles and old newspapers at the expense of a crying child. An unmade bed is such an irritant that this "want" overrides all other actions (with the possible exception of a fire). I mean, if maids are desired, then why spend the money when the Sims on the lot do all the work.

Never seen this issue. Consider investing in fewer neat points and ruling with a 42-pound, allegedly portable fist.

5. It is supposed to be the 21st Century, and yet the sex of the baby is still a big surprise. It appears that the game is slanted heavily towards the female sex. The most popular solution proposed to date is to exit the lot without saving and try, try again until the desired sex is acceptable. This solution is far from acceptable, as one can spend a great deal of time exiting and reloading lots instead of game playing.

The game is sadorandom. Maxis uses a highly advanced algorithm to determine what you don't want more of, then gives it to you. This is deliberately hardcoded and made unalterable, with the game going so far as to completely ignore the gender control function argument, specifically to annoy everyone. All theories of what apparently can influence it, like your theories, are all false. It is purely sadorandom.

6. All professors who teach Drama are 100% in love with all Sims on a lot. I have much experience in theater, and while thespians tend to be "strange," they are not all 100% in love. I either avoid selecting Drama as a major unless the Sim desires to become a Hall of Famer, and then avoiding any contact with the two professors that teach Drama becomes an absolute must.

Fixes Memory Spam Issues: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...ks/dramafix.zip
Try also: Romance Mod @ MATY, pick your version, for Flirt Attack Defense.

7. Cheerleaders and mascots at the university create two major problems.

7a. Once a cheerleader graduates, he/she is forever tagged with a mascot uniform. How embarrassing is that to have a grown person come visiting other lots wearing a ridiculous mascot uniform as the default, especially after I have changed the everyday wear to some more suitable.
SimPE can strip the NPC tag codes from ex-NPCs if necessary, copy the "Original GUID" value from the OBJD a Normal Sim, overwriting the value of the ex-NPC's OBJD.

7b. Mascots are pure evil and love to cause as much mayhem as possible. This is one place that EA/Maxis should allow punitive measures, other than the ability of the game player to just outright "kill" the characters or build an enclosure where the mascot cannot escape from.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...rsonnelonly.zip
See above for "flirt attack defense".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 1:41 AM
Fellow posters.

Appreciate the responses. I rewrote my original post in deference to the moderator.

Thanks again.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 6:33 AM
1: I believe squinge had a hack for that. It might be in the graveyard. Ask at WCIF.
3: Secret Society funds should not accumulate like that. Patch your games. That was addressed in a patch. Positive on that one.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 2:18 PM
Downloaded several ffs from MATY. They do not seem to work in Family Fun Stuff. I tried using them with the Display Custom Content Dialog at Startup "off." Then I turned the above to "on." Message on the screen reads "overrides Semi-Global" and "overrides Game Behavior."

Do I need to import anything from SimPE Semi-Globals?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 6:23 PM
FFS stands for "Flying Fish System". It has nothing to do with family fun stuff. The appropriate hacks for your game config is found in the the Armory in the hack directory.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.