Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 12:41 AM
Total Amateur Creator: Need help with creating a skin!
Hi! First time posting here, but I could really use the help from people who actually know how to do this stuff :3

First off, a very important link that shows what I'm after:
https://iomaitutorial.wordpress.com...-fantasy-skins/

Now all those sliders are just great--but I need a better skin to go with the ears.
I don't like the canine facepaint type of thing that's included on the Inumimi skins. I'd love to get some other, HD skin from some other source and just be able to edit the coloration I want onto the ears so that it works with the Inumimi-styled sliders.

I'm an artist, and I can handle figuring out the textures digitally via photoshop and all--but that's where my expertise on the subject ends.

I'm also on a mac, which apparently greatly limits the programs I can use, haha!
Here's what I need help with.

I COULD just get help trying to create a skin... but I have a better idea.
I want to be able to create something like a tattoo/accessory that will stick on to the exact part of the ear that will be developed into the Inumimi ear, and will stretch into place when the ear sliders create the ear into the dog's shape. That way, you could use your favorite skin AND still have animal fur coloration over the ears when you use the sliders to make them into animal ears.
I hope that makes sense!
Honestly I think it'd be great to partner up with someone who has the ability to create content. I can do the art side of it... I can create the texture for the ears' fur and all that. I just can't apply it, I can't make it into something I can use in the game, and that's where I need help.

I'd love any advice or suggestions, or any offers for help! <3

Have a great day and stuff~!