Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 8:58 PM Last edited by Unjustified : 27th Apr 2014 at 11:04 PM.
Default CAW elevation spontaneously changing?
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread....

So I keep having this issue in CAW where the shape/elevation of terrain seems to randomly change. It doesn't change a huge amount, and I probably would never have noticed it if it didn't happen primarily around lots, but it's getting on my nerves. I've had to re-position huge amounts of fencing due to this.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 1:18 AM
Using the sculpting tool anytime you have lots placed causes seams like that because the whole world terrain 'shifts' whenever you use it.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 3:31 AM
I figured it did, but it also seems to do so between saves and exporting/installing. Is that normal too?
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 3:57 AM
Depends, I always save and reload the world after sculpting but before placing any lots, otherwise I'd get that kind of problem too.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unjustified
I figured it did, but it also seems to do so between saves and exporting/installing. Is that normal too?

I've never noticed this happening between saves and exporting/installing. As mentioned earlier, when I've seen this is when you change the non-lot terrain near lots that have been placed. The way to fix them is to click on the lots with problems and then the "Conform lot edges" icon, then click on the lot again. (Looks like a house with a dotted line around it.) However, rather than changing the lot edges to match the world, it seems to shift the world to match the lot edges which can then affect other lots. The way I've found to deal with this is to fix all the lots that need edges adjusted and then click on a couple of lots that are fine. That seems to stop the chain reaction of fixing the lot(s) you click on but causing the same problem with other lots. Always redo the routing and save the world after fixing the lots. I hope this makes sense and helps! (It seems to for me.) Let me know if you need more detail. Good luck!