Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2014 at 9:24 AM
Default CAW and Premade Sims
I am editing Moonlight Falls and making it into a new world (mostly just subtle changes and some extra lots added). I rearranged some homes. When I deleted the lots, the sims that lived in those lots popped out to the sidewalk and were not associated with a house any longer. I had saved the empty lots they lived in prior to deleting them and used EIG to put the lots back. I then used DebugEnabler to assign the sims back to the houses they should be living in. Saved, good. When I reopen in EIG, everyone is right where they should be. However, when I export the world and open it in game, the sims are completely gone. Not just in the world yet not assigned a lot but it's like they never existed at all. Looking at all the sims in the world with Master Controller shows no evidence that they were ever a part of it. Open the world back in CAW and the families are there, standing right outside their homes like normal. Re-export and try again - same issue.

I did have Portered copies of them and obviously, when I try to unpack them, I couldn't because they already lived there. So I evicted the sims already living there and then tried to unpack and got an issue with doppelgangers. When it ran the NRaas check to fix this, it said "not a Portered family" and blocked any more attempts to try to unpack.

I even tried evicting the families to the clipboard and replacing them, editing their funds with MasterController and then saving. Back to the "exists in EIG but not in exported copy" issue. I'm at a loss for what else to do.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th May 2014 at 11:28 AM
After you put the families where you want in EIG and save it, do you do anything else before you export it?

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2014 at 6:12 PM Last edited by heaven : 4th May 2014 at 7:41 PM.
Just one tiny thing: I added a lighthouse (the Monte Vista one) to the beach. My EIG refuses to run with all my store content so I have to use a different set of user files to go in EIG. When it saves, I close everything, switch user files, open the game back up and re-add the lighthouse. It's nowhere near any of the houses. Position that, save, and then close it. Last, I also import the weather files and the original XML from Moonlight Falls with S3PE. I read the XML was necessary to retain things like Supernatural states for the sims.

Also, going through and looking at all the sims, some of them haven't retained their relationships with each other in EIG, even ones I didn't touch. The Durwoods don't know anyone, including the people they live with. The Crumplebottom sisters do have their relationships (and occult state) intact. The Goodfellows do not know anyone or retain occult status. The Van Goulds do. It's like this throughout the town.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#4 Old 5th May 2014 at 6:49 AM
Have you tried resetting everything with MasterController before you save from EIG?

I think that the sims who got made homeless temporarily from having their lots deleted might have been corrupted in some way, and affected the whole town, so you could try nuking all the existing sims and Portering in new copies. Do the households show up on map view when you start a new game?

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th May 2014 at 8:31 AM
Sometimes, if I edit more than once, the sim used previously to allow Porter to work in EIG will still be standing on the sidewalk, but in the game he'll wind up at the bottom of the ocean in Global Layer Land of the Lost. Your sims might have wound up in the same status when they popped out of the deleted lots.

Total Annihilation will probably clean out the old sim data. Or you might try cleaning the Global Layer after placing lots but before putting the Porter copies back in - that will wipe out any population, plus the miscellaneous clutter that comes from editing lots in EIG for a clean export.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2014 at 9:27 PM
Eh, I just got rid of them and didn't bother putting them back. I planned on nuking the town anyway since I hate EA sims. I was just curious about sharing in case other people wanted the families intact. If they do, my world is a stand-alone so they can always grab or Porter them originally from Moonlight Falls.

Thanks guys.