Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 6:18 PM
Default Tub rims help please
This is driving me nutty! I have tried editing the tub rim using both the "colonial combo-clean" and the "colonial bathtub". I select "rim" and no image choice comes up. What do I need to do in order to add another colonial tub rim color?

Sissi
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 7:34 PM
The tub that contains the rim is the should be the colonial bathtub that doesn't have a shower curtain. I have one in the beta downloads section that has the tub and rim recolored. I can't recall the name of the tub, but the picture should help you find it. I haven't tried a rim recolor with OW, since the last one I did was before OW. But, that is where you should be able to find it.

"Just one more download. I promise!"
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 9:35 PM
Thanks, I'll try it once again...lol All I'm seeing is "material override" or whatever it is. People are making them but I don't see HOW! hehe
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 11:15 PM
That's because some objects parts are recolourable, but are textureless: to recolour them you have to alter the parameters in the Material Definition, and you only can have solid colours.
It's an advanced recolouring tecnique; you can read about it here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=35769
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 7:29 PM
the colonial tub used to have a texture file for the rim...I'm not sure with what version though