Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#126 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 5:25 AM
My bad, I meant it comes as an in-game terrain paint. There is a light dirt and a dark dirt. I'm aiming to use textures that are already in the game so I can match them up on individual lots. I've already got the Light Dirt in my CAW files, but the file listed as Dark Dirt in Martine's pack doesn't seem to be the same one as the in-game one. I would try extracting it myself, but S3OC won't open.
Advertisement
Instructor
#127 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 5:34 AM
Ooohh no! Silly me! It is the right texture . Thanks for your help anyway
Instructor
#128 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 6:38 AM
Haha sorry to be a pain. I'm having another problem with the dark dirt -when using a round brush with a low opacity and falloff, all the other textures work and can be blended nicely, the dark dirt seems to have a jagged edge even with low falloff, and the opacity must be set high or it does not work at all, making it impossible to blend. Any idea why this is or how it can be fixed?
Forum Resident
#129 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 10:16 PM
Where you add your texture in the list effects the way it reacts with the other textures. I like to add them in clusters from either dark to light, or vice-verse, depending on the effect I want.

Example Pallette:
Dark rock
Light Rock
Dark Dirt
Light Dirt
Light Grass
Medium Grass
Dark Grass

Also you can save the texture with a different setting. Most of Martines textures are saved as a DXT5 (Interpolated Alpha) which gives it a more transparent appearance, and it usually blends better. You can do a "save as" in a paint program, I use Paint.net, and save it as a DXT1 (Opaque/1-bit Alpha) and see if that helps.

Screenshots
Instructor
#130 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 12:05 AM
You're amazing! It has the effect I was after now.
If the texture order has impact on the way they react with each other, is there any way to edit the order, without having to delete existing layers, after you've already started painting?
Forum Resident
#131 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 3:14 AM
If you've already started painting, I would just stick with the way it is. I've tried deleting one in the center, then all the textures under it got wonky. It's not that big of deal, it just works a bit better for me, and how I paint.
Test Subject
#132 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 10:22 PM
Wow thank you so much, everyone! This makes the terrain on my map look much better than it does with the default textures.
Test Subject
#133 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 8:54 PM
Now that I have downloaded some of the textures, CAW won't open. Does anyone else have this problem? It would open up the very first screen which just says 'Create A World tool beta', and when I open task manager it says that it's not responding. Help?
Test Subject
#134 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 6:40 PM
Thank You Martine!
Test Subject
#135 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 1:32 PM
Diagonal tiles, anyone?
Here are some terrain paints that I've created for my custom world which is laid on a diagonal grid (aprox. 45 degrees), maybe someone finds them useful.

Straight tile

Diagonal tile
Test Subject
#136 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 6:25 PM
This is just what I was looking for. I am so excited -- THANK YOU for sharing with everyone.
Test Subject
#137 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 11:20 PM
These are AMAZING! I was just wondering if it would be alright with you if I used some of your textures in a map that I'm working on. I may or may not upload it to this site depending on how good it is, but I would still really love to use your textures in it!
Test Subject
#138 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 2:56 PM
Awesome stuff .. thanks a ton!
Test Subject
#139 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 5:12 AM
Thanks Everyone who contributed to these amazing textures!

Question: Does anyone have the complete set of Egypt textures including the roads an paths?

I'm trying to create a small desert city set along the Nile River. I think it would be perfect for my adventurer. Than he can live near Egypt an travel there using World Adventures.
Test Subject
#140 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 1:51 AM
Thanks so much for posting these, they are really helpful for my new world i'm making called Wendy bay, check it out, it should be up soon
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 4:33 PM
I love these terrains, thank you Martine. Quick question - I've used them in my worlds and one of my downloaders says that the terrains aren't showing up in his game. He's asked if I can make them available for him in .package format so that he can put them in his mods folder. I've tried converting your files to .package using S3PE but I must be doing something wrong as they just won't show up in my game. Please can you advise? Thank you
Test Subject
#142 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 6:06 PM
this is so cool
Alchemist
#143 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calinselene
I love these terrains, thank you Martine. Quick question - I've used them in my worlds and one of my downloaders says that the terrains aren't showing up in his game. He's asked if I can make them available for him in .package format so that he can put them in his mods folder. I've tried converting your files to .package using S3PE but I must be doing something wrong as they just won't show up in my game. Please can you advise? Thank you

Those are .dds files and won't work in normal game mode, only in CAW. That's why they won't show in your friends game. Or if you mean your friends CAW, then he might not have the CAW framework setup right.

Are you trying to convert dds files to packages? If so, then you need to clone one of the game's terrain brushes and replace it's texture with one of Martine's textures.
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Those are .dds files and won't work in normal game mode, only in CAW. That's why they won't show in your friends game. Or if you mean your friends CAW, then he might not have the CAW framework setup right.

Are you trying to convert dds files to packages? If so, then you need to clone one of the game's terrain brushes and replace it's texture with one of Martine's textures.

Hmmm....that would work to make it available in game as a texture, but surely that wouldn't help to make the textures show up in his game? This is the issue: I've created a custom world, using some custom textures (including martine's). Usually, these textures are packaged with the exported world and show up as normal when you install said world. However, in this guy's case, none of the custom textures are not showing up. He's asked for them to be converted to .package (in the hope that placing them in his Mod's folder would make them show up in the installed game - like world object recolours I suppose). I understand the process you describe, but as you would have a different id for the texture, I don't think it would help in this case. Would what he wants to do work, or is there something else he should try? Thank you for responding btw
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 10:01 AM
Hmmm....that would work to make it available in game as a texture, but surely that wouldn't help to make the textures show up in his game? This is the issue: I've created a custom world, using some custom textures (including martine's). Usually, these textures are packaged with the exported world and show up as normal when you install said world. However, in this guy's case, none of the custom textures are not showing up. He's asked for them to be converted to .package (in the hope that placing them in his Mod's folder would make them show up in the installed game - like world object recolours I suppose). I understand the process you describe, but as you would have a different id for the texture, I don't think it would help in this case. Would what he wants to do work, or is there something else he should try? Thank you for responding btw

BTW....I don't know if it makes any difference that he's got a Mac?
Alchemist
#146 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 12:11 PM Last edited by varpunen : 25th Apr 2014 at 12:24 PM.
BTW....I don't know if it makes any difference that he's got a Mac?

Ah, okay. So they're not showing in exported world when they should. Sorry, my misunderstanding. Hmm, I don't think that adding them as package later on would make a difference, since the dds files would still have to be in either a pattern or terrain paint form to be able to be added in game as package (I don't think there is another package form option for conversion purpose) and therefore would only affect those categories, not the world itself. I have no experience with MAC's so can't say anything about that but it could be an option. Have anyone else tested your world? Just see if the paints show up?

There's one thing your friend could try. When you open the exported world with S3PE, you can see all the paints used in IMG files. He could check if the used paints are there in the first place.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Ah, okay. So they're not showing in exported world when they should. Sorry, my misunderstanding. Hmm, I don't think that adding them as package later on would make a difference, since the dds files would still have to be in either a pattern or terrain paint form to be able to be added in game as package (I don't think there is another package form option for conversion purpose) and therefore would only affect those categories, not the world itself. I have no experience with MAC's so can't say anything about that but it could be an option. Have anyone else tested your world? Just see if the paints show up?

There's one thing your friend could try. When you open the exported world with S3PE, you can see all the paints used in IMG files. He could check if the used paints are there in the first place.

Thank you - yes, this world has been downloaded over 600 times and this is the first time anyone's complained about the textures being missing. It's a bit of a puzzle. I'll mention the idea of opening up the world in S3PE - perhaps the files became corrupted? Maybe if he reinstalls the world? Anyway, thank you for the advice, it's appreciated.
Test Subject
#148 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 11:12 AM
i am not downalder because No cookies found!

No valid MTS login could be found. Please note that you must be logged into MTS to use this server.

Reasons for this not working are:

If you are logged in, then make sure you aren't using any kind of cookie blocker, like Norton Internet Security.
Try allowing "modthesims.info" in your security software for cookies.
MAKE SURE you have ticked the "Remember Me" option when logging in. If you do not, then you will not be able to download.
Generated by getfile.php
Test Subject
#149 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 6:22 PM Last edited by Sima Gh : 18th Jul 2014 at 7:28 PM.
Hi, I'm looking for terrain paint tiles of late night (for CAW) but I can't even find something similar!
could someone help please?
Scholar
#150 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sima Gh
Hi, I'm looking for terrain paint tiles of late night (for CAW) but I can't even find something similar!
could someone help please?

The terrain paints for the Late Night city, Bridgeport, are here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=461500. Good luck with your project!
Page 6 of 7