Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2016 at 9:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Getting ScriptError_Desktop files every time I run the game...
I always delete these files so I know more are regenerating after each time I play. And my sims are also being very glitchy. They will not complete any actions. All actions are cancelled immediately. I had the same problem earlier in the same house when I'd put my toddler in the crib. She'd get the blocked path bubble. I ended up moving the entire room elsewhere since it seemed to be that room. Problem fixed. But now the problem is back in the new toddler room as well as the adult's room which never had the issue before. When I send her to sleep the action cancels and she reads from the bookshelf instead. And the blocked path bubble stays up the whole time. Even when she's sitting and reading. I'm not sure if these ScriptError_DESKTOP files are being created because of this issue or another one.

I've tried reset sim on her and I've also tried resetting the entire town.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2016 at 3:36 AM
If you want assistance in interpreting script logs from ErrorTrap and other NRaas mods, the procedure is to zip some together, upload them to our site, and open up a thread on the relevant mod's issues board so we can respond. We cannot provide that level of support here.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload
(free registration required to upload and post)

If you want to rid your house of abandoned jigs, these are invisible objects that can get left behind and often get in the way of routing, there are two ways to do that.

With MasterController, on the ground of the lot, NRaas > MC > Object Stats > Non-Inventory, look for any items with the word "jig" in the name, and select to Flush. The MC Cheats add-on is required for this maneuver.

The other way is to retreat to Edit Town, evict your entire household to the side of the screen, copy their residential lot down to the household bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen.

Resets of any kind do not get rid of abandoned jigs. Sometimes you can get them to appear in Build/Buy Mode with the BuyDebug cheat on, they will look like little oval rugs that can be deleted from there, but they don't always appear that way.
Alchemist
#4 Old 8th May 2016 at 9:55 AM
The explanation igazor provided is excellent, social jigs are most often the cause of routing errors.

Maybe you have some outdated mods or broken CC in there, too. I once had an outdated traits mod and the sims who got that trait (one active and several NPCs) would occasionally drop interactions, be reset and return script errors. Sometimes it's not obvious what mod/piece of CC is problematic.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th May 2016 at 10:29 AM Last edited by eringobragh22 : 18th May 2016 at 10:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
If you want assistance in interpreting script logs from ErrorTrap and other NRaas mods, the procedure is to zip some together, upload them to our site, and open up a thread on the relevant mod's issues board so we can respond. We cannot provide that level of support here.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload
(free registration required to upload and post)

If you want to rid your house of abandoned jigs, these are invisible objects that can get left behind and often get in the way of routing, there are two ways to do that.

With MasterController, on the ground of the lot, NRaas > MC > Object Stats > Non-Inventory, look for any items with the word "jig" in the name, and select to Flush. The MC Cheats add-on is required for this maneuver.

The other way is to retreat to Edit Town, evict your entire household to the side of the screen, copy their residential lot down to the household bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen.

Resets of any kind do not get rid of abandoned jigs. Sometimes you can get them to appear in Build/Buy Mode with the BuyDebug cheat on, they will look like little oval rugs that can be deleted from there, but they don't always appear that way.

Thank you! I haven't tried this yet but it's something I haven't heard before so it sounds promising. =D

I did end up trying to flush jigs with MC but there were no jigs even listed. I also bulldozed the house and replaced it and all that. I think it worked...maybe. I'm not even sure.
But my sims are all still very wonky on that lot and Errortrap reroutes them all the time. So, I guess I'll try submitting those error_scripts.