Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2016 at 3:01 AM Last edited by thien_than_dem : 14th May 2016 at 11:22 AM.
Default How can I refresh my pose without Sims 3 restart?
I make poses for Sims 3. However, when the pose doesn't look well in game, I have to shut down my game, then fix my pose and restart my game again to see check the new pose. It's is really time consuming and incovenient. Therefore, I wonder if I can update my pose without restart Sims 3?
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th May 2016 at 2:00 PM
There's two ways you can do it:

1) Test your poses in a game completely free of any content--that'll let you load the game as quickly as possible, or;

2) You can make adjustments to your pose, re-make your .package file, and copy-paste the .package file into your Mods/Packages folder (or wherever you have your original pose package file located) while the game is still running, and usually the pose will be updated after you re-enter your pose code. It doesn't always update for adult poses (I haven't found a consistent reason why it doesn't always work), and trying to do this trick with children's or toddler's poses usually crashes the game in my experience.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2016 at 11:22 AM
Thank spladoum, but after I copy the new pose, I can't start the game again, I check it in Task Manager, it shows that The Sims 3 Not Respond!
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th May 2016 at 1:30 PM
Does that happen when you're trying method 2? Sometimes it doesn't work to update the pose, but if it's freezing your game, then I wouldn't bother with it. It would probably be a better idea to just have a clean game with no CC for testing your work in.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2016 at 2:51 AM
Yes, it happened when I try method 2. I don't know why it worked with you but doesn't work with me. Anyway, I'll try method 1