Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 3:57 PM
Default WCIF: Object or mod that decreases funds?
I like to play legit and as realistically as possible with my sims, but due to the game's limitations I'm often forced to cheat 'kaching', since when a sim moves out they automatically have 20k funds, when before they individually had much more or less than that. So is there a mod or object, for example, a donation box object, where a sim can decide to 'donate' x amount of funds?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 5:22 PM
There's a cheat. familyfunds family's surname +/- amount of money.

e.g familyfunds Broke +1000 would add $1000 to the Broke family.

Not usable on families with the same surname, as it will pick one family with that surname and always send the money there.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 5:41 PM
I've found it much easier in my game to use Pescado's no20khandouts and moneyorder. This keeps sims from getting that 20k in any situation except coming straight out of CAS, and it lets sims quickly and easily send money to other sims.

For example, it makes making townies playable really easy--I ask the townie to move in, note how much money they brought with them, have the townie "find own place" and then money order them enough money so that the household funds are back to where they were before. The townie gets put out on their own with exactly the amount of money they brought with them.

Both hacks can be found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/ (I linked the Apartment Life version, since I don't know what your game setup is.) If you're really interested in playing realistically (especially money-wise), you might want to look at some of the other hacks there--for example, there's one that makes being in a private school actually cost money (*le gasp*).

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 7:32 PM
If you're looking for an object instead of a hack, then there's always Monique's Computer. I don't know what game setup you have, but Chaavik did update it to include FT and AL features. You can find hers here. With it, you can "donate" money, along with taking out loans. I like to have my Sims take out the loan for their house by placing them on a lot with Monique's computer, have them "donate" the 20k, then take out their loan for however much before sending them to their new home.

So, you have plenty of options to choose from already to suit your playstyle.
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 5:22 AM
There's the Simoleon Flusher, which is a toilet that sims can use to flush their money away. It's at the bottom of the page http://svt.paysites.mustbedestroyed...mslice/objects/
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 8:36 AM
Thanks all. Monique's computer and no20khandouts sound like they would work well together. I'll be testing them today.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:08 AM
Be prepared for sims with very little money with no20Khandout. I've had sims move out with as little as $60, which if you are used to using kaching you might find challenging. I also used halved wages as maxis jobs pay out way too much for my liking.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:24 AM
I haven't modded my sims' wages at all but I have got a mod for x5 higher bills. Should be interesting. I planned for my college sim who just graduated to move back in with her parents and after saving up, leave the nest, but not being able to distribute the funds how I'd like spoiled that. Monique's computer sounds awesome as I've often wished I could have my parent sims give their kids a wedding or graduation present, say, 5k, without using kaching.