Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tinkering Mod

by simler90 Posted 9th Oct 2019 at 1:53 PM - Updated 12th Dec 2020 at 1:07 PM by simler90
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 3:08 PM
Thank you for this! I've been wanting something like this mod ever since FT came out-what a useless interaction otherwise!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 7:14 PM
Thank you very, very much! I'm impressed by the sheer amount of mods you've uploaded lately, and this one is truly a godsend!
I tried tinkering when I got FT, but it really did little to nothing, except hobby enthusiasm and breaking things. So my sims learned mechanic skill from books, the restorable car or career objects. I can't wait to check it out!
Just a question, do you intent to make a mod that adds a little mechanic skill build to the train set when adding/removing stuff like the mountain, water, town, etc? I'm wondering because my cousin has turned half the attic of his house into a landscape for his train set and I'm not just impressed by the wiring he had to put in place, he also made mountains out of plaster, then coated parts of the mouintain and platform to make a lake and a waterfall with a waterpump... He may be a little bonkers about his hobby. Sorry, got babbling.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 8:09 PM
My technology-oriented Sims do tinker!
But it's because I like my Sims to pursue their hobbies, but whenever possible they use the specific interaction (tinkering, hicking, cooking, etc.) instead of reading about it in the newspaper.
So they are gonna appreciate this mod :D
(And I appreciate the many great mods you are releasing!)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 10:37 PM Last edited by kaligi : 9th Oct 2019 at 10:39 PM. Reason: english is not my mother tongue
I just want to let you know that this mod is didn't showing up in my game, no option as tinkering i can see and its having a possible conflict with ACR. I have many mods in my Game and i know anything can be a problem, but i have a lot of mods and until now not one of them had a conflict with ACR. Dont know why but some of your mods are not working in my Game and some are working. Anyway, im not saying i dont like your work, but this one is not working for me at all.
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Oct 2019 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by st_d
Some of my Sims tinker because that's just how they are, but what i have actually been wondering is why the hobby mouse-over text says that tinker Sims like to upgrade their electronics. I was so very sure that if you tinkered with something long enough, it would change into a more expensive item, or even a non-buyable item when they're in the Zone and fiddling with the most expensive buyable. You seem very concerned with how the game is supposed to be played -- do you think this was intended but abandoned?

I've thought this too. Tinkering only really makes sense if, when you're really good at it, you can upgrade your appliances by doing it. It would be amazing if we could make that happen in our games
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Oct 2019 at 12:40 AM
This is one of those awesome DLs that you don't know you need, and then you see it, and you're like, OMG YAAS!! This is such a duh. Of course mechanic-ing should build mechanical! Thank you so much! ^_^
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 5:09 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 4:43 PM
Thank you. I came here specifically looking for mods for Puck Summerdream to fulfill his Tinkering enthusiasm/Mechanical skill and didn't expect to find exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th May 2021 at 7:05 PM
I was asking myself why tinkering didn't work like in Sims4, and here your mod is! Thank you sooooo much <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th May 2021 at 10:41 PM
Thank you for this mod, and the other great mods you make and maintain! I really appreciate the instructions for other languages too