Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Should MTS2 have a new logo?
Yes
284 70.47%
No
83 20.60%
I'd rather thump-a-Delphy instead
36 8.93%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#76 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 9:09 PM
In looking more, I'd like a new logo that does incorporate some of the look of the old one -- but to be honest, I never 'got' what the white mess (a rip?) across the logo was supposed to be. If we stayed with the blue box and still somehow made it clearer what the site is, that'd be my preference.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeJade
I've never been too good at skinning or modding the sims 2 but I can make graphics.

changes is also good

Mememe i i i self self self
Field Researcher
#78 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 3:09 AM
Hey !!
A new logo would be fantastic.
I think the old one need a bigger change.
And a logo request thread would be a good idea.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 5:01 AM
Why change it just because you can? It's a trademark - and honestly, how much time do most people actually spend looking at the logo? Just long enough to know you're at the right site, am I correct? So if you change the logo, now we really do have to think. And who wants to think after a long day's work? No, just get to Modthesims2.com & start downloading to your heart's content! So my vote was "NO".

But contests are fun . . .
Test Subject
#80 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 11:04 AM Last edited by elektro : 5th Aug 2005 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added PS
i am sure its been said by more then a few people on this thread already, but i will say it again.

If the mods do decide to do a contest, the main theme of it could be to use and incorperate the current logo, into a new one. That way you retain the current trademark, while also updating it to the times. Perhaps get even more specific, and hold off til Nightlife comes out. 2 expansions to a game, and the logo/trademark/insignia could use a bit of an update. The more specific you make the rules and guidelines (though creatively constrictive) the less likely you are to just get 1000 totally random and half thought out entries.

PS: Also, as for a reward, just winning IS The reward. This site is about showcasing your skills with the only benefit/reward being the happiness of the community and look how well it does! I'm with delphy, lifetime of free downloading!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 6:44 PM
as it is free to download just having your logo up there should be prize enough... Though i like the one that is there now. So i am undecided on this pole.
Forum Resident
#82 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 8:16 PM
Doesn't matter to me, as long as the web address stays the same and I can get to this wonderful place. We all have the same intentions, making, uploading, and downloading to improve the sims game. We are all sims2 addicts. And I love it!
Test Subject
#83 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 12:31 PM
change........change is good *cheesy smile*
Inventor
#84 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 2:09 PM
I made this one just a second ago. Hope you like!

If someone could add a wrench, I would appreciate!

Test Subject
#85 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 2:46 PM

here is mine, i think i might need resizing
Forum Resident
#86 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 5:48 PM
Your's is really good Lord Kyair. I voted yes we nedd a logo for this site.

Henry_Walk
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lobstergirl
It would be cool to see some change. Maybe have a contest for a new logo. I don't know what the winner would get. Brownie points? LOL!

How about a super-cool custom title?
Test Subject
#88 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 8:43 PM
I understand I am not an active member of ythis site, mainly because I am playing the sims2 much less often. But I decided to have a stabg at it. It doesn't mention the sims but here it is...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#89 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 4:04 AM
I'm going to close this - we've gotten enough reponse on the poll and thanks for everybodies suggestions

Regards,
Delphy
Locked thread
Page 4 of 4