Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 6:06 AM
Default Take a crack at my urban lot please
Ok so here’s my problem
I’ve created an urban community lot with subway, park, and 8 story building and although it provides a nice addition to the neighborhood it’s of no use to my Sims. After making the large building I tested the lot with my Sims and had no problems then I added the rest of the Hib-A-Jib and every time I try and visit the lot it loads and loads and doesn’t stop till ctrl alt del it. I can still access it in build mode but id like to visit my creation even though it would most likely lag me into the stone-age. Anyway I've tried moving lots deleting this and that fiddling here and there and still no results. So now I turn to you in hopes of finding some one Sim savvy enough to solve my problem or at least point me in the right direction.

I’ll post the file in .rar format so you need win .rar to get it.
I’ll also drop some pics in here in hopes of peaking some interest.

Thanks to all
Opti

[file=e107_files/public/15332_urban_lot.rar]15332_urban_lot.rar[/file]
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 6:08 AM
Here' s those pics

[img]e107_files/public/15332_urban_lot.jpg[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 15332_urban_lot.jpg ][/i]
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 6:48 AM
Even if it isn't functional, or has no real purpose, some of us, namely me, like it for decorating the neighbourhood.
I mean, currently community lots are useless anyhow. Nothing new. I like your work. I would like to see more. I can use this.

==========================================
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.
#4 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 7:36 AM
I tried it and it worked fine, it did how ever take about 15minutes to load. It is just a very complex file and I bet you just need better vurtual memory. I have 2 extra videocards in my pc. I didn't try it for to long but I will play around to see if I can get it to work faster. Though I have to say I don't really know what I am doing, I will try though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 7:49 AM
Fauztran of course you can have it and I’m glad you already found a use for it.
Smith thanks so much now I know there’s hope ill try beefing my VM and ill also work on reducing some of the lagging factors so I can share it without causing wide spread insanity.
Thanks again
Opti
#6 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 12:33 AM
no prob, I have come to this conclusion with lots.

30sec for every mb for going to a lot to edit only
1minute for every mb for res. lots to play
2minutes for every mb for taking a sim from home to a community lot(that is without saving time.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 11:51 PM
how did u manage 2 build extra floors?
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Nov 2004 at 12:03 AM
This looks a bit like the Slough Trading Centre from BBC's THe Office

[COLOR=Red]ファック ブッシュ![/COLOR]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Nov 2004 at 2:49 AM
I looked at a picture of the slough building I see the similarities, very cool. As for extra floors Jonney there’s a tutorial at the sims2 web site that’s great the links at the bottom of the page. To make the columns I just used the foundation tool and then dragged down the land the foundation follows.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=3192&search=1&asset_type=story&key=lofty&order=UPDATE_DATE+desc&nrows=5&storyCat=&locality=&country=&view=new

anyone want to tell me how to do a hyperlink here, im new to forums, thanks
- Opti
[ Edited Sun Nov 14 2004, 02:51AM ]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Nov 2004 at 10:14 AM
So I’m trying to figure out what aspects of a building really affect game speed on huge lots, whether it be lighting wall paper, objects, ect… if anyone has looked into this and wants to save me some work id appreciate any info. I’m trying to get the urban lot playable along with some other lots I’m working on.
Thanks

Field Researcher
#11 Old 14th Nov 2004 at 8:38 PM
Two observations: look like many floors make the game slower and also that inaccessible items also slow it down.

I have a large palace with basement and first floor. And two towers on the palace who is not used for anything but they have stairs. Used the dormer fix to add another floor on the tower so I have 5 floors from basement to top room in tower and it have a floor as roof.
I believe this made the game slower. Will try to remove it and see if it helps.

Else I have a gazebo with a love tube and a bathroom in the basement of it :o)
I also have a mausoleum basement but without any doors to it, I called a maid and the game slowed to a crawl. Took me forever to find the problem, the stupid maid wanted to remove some ash from inside the mausoleum and was stuck in the hill form the outer fence to the wall. I set fire on him and the game returned as usual. I use the disable no route fail animation patch and is happy with it but it look like the maid did not let go on removing the ash and looped the game trying to find a path. The game was real slow, sims uses minutes on walking some meters.

[ Edited Sun Nov 14 2004, 08:41PM ]
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies