Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 3:36 AM
Default Carpet a Slope
It seems that there isn't any discussion about the above subject somewhere here or may be I overlooked it. Could someone show me how to "carpet a slope"? I've tried many different ways but all in vain. Will somebody give me a hand?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 3:52 AM
Well, the method I use is kind of backward: you carpet a flat area, then slope it. Kind of a pain, but it's the only way I know of to get it to work. Put down your carpeting or flooring, then press Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheat window. Type the following in it:

boolprop constrainfloorelevation false

Then you can use Raise or Lower Terrain to make whatever slope you want. Be warned that if you're using a patterned floor, it stretches out quite a bit, so the pattern may look odd. When you're done, bring up the cheat window again and type:

boolprop constrainfloorelevation true

to turn off the cheat. Hope this helps!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 3:57 AM
Thanks, Tipsygypsy. I'm going to try it now.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 3:59 AM
Try this tutorial: http://mikeinside.illusionfxnet.com/sims2/

It explains everything. Works great!

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 4:06 AM
Thanks everybody! I'm really going to try it NOW!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 4:16 AM
Well that's certainly a lot easier. Thanks, Sara.
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 6:07 AM
If you can put a fence around the area..Place the fence then press the shift to carpet the area inside the fence.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies