Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 8:12 PM
Default need help removing and reinstalling the game.
After some computer trouble I had to reset my computer back to an older date, but quite some data files where not restored, causing the uninstall option to not work for the sims and the install option doesnt work either because they still think the game is installed. Even after I removed all the game files.

What do I need to remove to convince the install menu the game is gone?

The remove software route doesnt work, it gives an error when I tried uninstalling it there.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 9:36 PM
I think the TSM keys need to be deleted in the Windows Registry to solve this problem; then the install routine would be convinced that the game isn't installed anywhere.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 8:31 AM
where can I find that windows registry?
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 10:16 AM

I think that is what you need...
Do back up your registry before editing it!

ps, if you have windows 7 (or vista....) you can just type in regedit in that search bar that appears when you press start