Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2011 at 4:30 AM
Default So sick of swordfights
For some reason, my kingdom is crawling with bandits. They hang out on the main roads, in front of some areas (like the forest), just about everywhere. It's impossible to go from point A to point B without getting mugged at least once, and you know, whatever. Fine.

The only problem is that my spy never leaves it at that. She always shoves the thug away, draws her sword... and gets her butt handed to her on a silver platter with fresh capers. Is there any way to either speed up swordfights, make it so she actually WINS once in a while, or tell her to give them the 7 simoles so she doesn't need to spend 120 on medical salve?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st May 2011 at 5:06 AM
Didn't know of any mods for swordfights, but when I first started to play TSM, my kingdom is crawling with bandits too because I didn't think to build up on security. I got very annoyed as my physician sim (non-fighter..) kept getting mugged. But then I learnt to avoid those places with at night (use the time to sleep or stay at home to build up on exp), and try to do everything required outdoors in daylight.

Buying a better sword helps with winning too (IIRC a royal longsword or something costs less than 300 simoles?).

But I personally don't mind swordfights, it helps level up my sims fast.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st May 2011 at 5:45 AM
Your Kingdom is crawling with bandits because your security is low.
Due quests and place buildings that raise your security and it will remedy your problem.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 1st May 2011 at 9:08 AM
Wow low security is bad, my kingdom was low on knowledge and the only negative was that the sims got befuddled by their hearing their own echo in the well!
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st May 2011 at 10:13 AM
Well, having low knowledge also means missing on a very nice bonus to experience rate gain. Wouldn't want that.
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd May 2011 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LobsterMobster
The only problem is that my spy never leaves it at that. She always shoves the thug away, draws her sword... and gets her butt handed to her on a silver platter with fresh capers. Is there any way to either speed up swordfights, make it so she actually WINS once in a while, or tell her to give them the 7 simoles so she doesn't need to spend 120 on medical salve?

Besides the low security problem like everyone said, have you tried giving your spy a better sword ?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 2nd May 2011 at 9:08 AM
Usually the problem seems to solve itself partially since bandits attack each other as well, causing many to stumble around very wounded when they try to mug you.

It does give achievements when you build knowledge and culture at the expense of security, if you dont have those yet you could continue building that up untill you have them before improving security.