Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 5:00 AM
Default Modyfying Sim's Traits
After the patch I am unable to modify my Sim's traits using the "modify traits on active sim" option with testing cheats enabled. I tried to get around this by modifying traits using the Edit in CAS mod, but when I use it to modify traits rather than just eye color and things of that nature it makes it so that when I leave CAS I can no longer perform self-interactions with my character. Is there a mod that someone can recommend that works with the most recent patch that I can use to modify traits? It doesn't even need to be able to modify legendary traits, though that would be awesome too, but I'd like to do things like, say, make my monarch's servant a creative cook so I always get that buff. Things of that nature
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 5:40 PM
Thehologramman's dynamic professions mod does this

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
Thehologramman's dynamic professions mod does this

Is it still working properly after the patch?
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 9:53 PM
I have noticed the same issue with modifying the traits and do not have a way to work around the issue. Still, Thehologramman's dynamic professions mod is up to date for the patch and adjusts everything except the first two traits. By the way, that mod is super, super, super awesome and did not need to adjust the first two traits because you could do so with the testing cheats enabled. And you are correct Impatiens, never edit the traits in the Edit in CAS mode. With that, I am hoping Theholgramman (THM) will add the adjustment of the first two traits and I make that statement with super please to THM.

Link for THM - Dynamic Professions Mod (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=439543)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 4:31 AM
Oh if it can't modify the first two traits it's not that useful to me Still useful but not as much. I like doing things like making my monarch's servant a creative cook so I always get that extra buff from food Here's hoping that the mod gets updated to be able to modify all traits now that testing cheats doesn't seem to work for it!
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 6:14 PM
Yes, I hope for the same thing regarding the traits. And I apologize, I misread the update information for the THM Dynamic Professions Mod. The mod is up to date for the previous patch 1.2.3.00107 and only partially works with the new 1.3.13.00107 patch. So, do keep a look out for an updated version.