Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 12:45 AM
Default Armpit hair is a thing?
Sooooo where do you all stand on armpit hair on ladies?

There a plenty of pics around of *celebs* with a small forest under each arm, does this mean we can stop waxing/shaving it now?

is it ok?

is it best to braid it or let it run free?

should we tint it an unusual colour?

*curious minds need to know*
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 12:57 AM
For my part, I prefer to be as smooth as a Sim.
For others, I make no rules & they'd probably hit me if I tried to, & do I really blame them? No.

Of the few men who make a point of showing off a lot of skin -- muscle-builders, for example -- I notice that the skin they show off is often not hairy. Although you asked about women specifically, I think this data point might have something to say to us.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 1:13 AM
Personal preference? No armpit hair.
It sort of itches, particularly when using tight tops, and the longer it gets the smellier it gets (even after showering/washing/deodorant). So off with it.

I'm also partial to men shaving off excessive body hair growth (although if they're not going to date me or hug me, I don't care much). I'm not fond of bushy chests, armpits or backs, or beards longer than a days' worth of stubble.

Let's just say that the longer body hair grows, the more I get this feeling about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z15z65hDFsE
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 1:22 AM
I prefer to shave, but I don't really care what other people do. (I like having smooth legs as well.) I generally don't find it too attractive when guys have an excess of body/facial hair either.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
For my part, I prefer to be as smooth as a Sim.

This. I totally agree.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 1:35 AM
I didn't realize it was a thing, but I just googled it and I guess it is, so kudos to those brave females.
I don't care one way or the other about body hair.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 2:43 AM
@r_deNoube I'm happy to open this up to men with hair too.

Not back hair though ....
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 3:05 AM
I've been in various stages of hairless to hairy. I've even been begged to grow it out by a special someone. However, if I find myself left alone with a razor for any moment of time, the armpit hair is the first to go. I'm simply just not into having random clinging flecks of deodorant. I am not satisfied unless the deodorant glides on smoothly.

I don't really care about other people, though. I truly don't.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Forum Resident
#9 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 3:51 AM
I personally remove as much hair as I can. Don't really mind what others want to do with their body hair.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
@r_deNoube I'm happy to open this up to men with hair too.

Not back hair though ....

So male bum hair and nose hair is okay to discuss....

Myself I will continue to shave, I'd rather not have to braid my armpits, the hair on my head gives enough trouble as it is.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
So male bum hair and nose hair is okay to discuss....

Myself I will continue to shave, I'd rather not have to braid my armpits, the hair on my head gives enough trouble as it is.

of course we can discuss bum and nose hair, providing the poster provides adequate warning
i.e., Bum hair post follows! Read at your own risk!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 9:08 AM
Smooth as a sim, as said above.
Though my armpits are sometimes forgotten during my usual shave-time until I put my deodorant on because I'm pretty forgetful. I use roll-ons so I imagine it'd be a lot harder if my armpits were hairy.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#13 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 10:07 AM
I think its up to the person,everyone prefers different things.I know a girl who lets it grow and dyes it wild colours.
I shave my under arms but they do grown back pretty quickly which is annoying,but in the winter when I can wear long sleeves and stuff I sometimes have a bit of a stubble and just shave it when I need to.
My dads been telling me since I was little if you leave your armpits a little hairy they don't smell or sweat as much as a smooth armpit which is true,very strange.
I do prefer to be very smooth but sometimes its annoying how long it takes to shave everything lol
My girlfriend does not mind it when I forget to shave my armpits and she does not mind when I forget either,she knows what its like to be a girl haha

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 12:40 PM
The reason armpit hair makes the pits less sweaty and stinky is that the hair captures the scent and sweat and absorbs it. When it gets longer, more and more gets caught in the hair, so it starts stinking again.

Personally, I shave my pits every time I shower. It's just itchy otherwise. I don't have a problem with other people letting it grow, because it's not making me itchy, unless I'm in a very awkward position with that person. Same thing with the pubes.
I don't shave my legs, though, because my leg skin doesn't fold up.
Scholar
#15 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 2:25 PM
If it was more socially acceptable to let it grow, I really wouldn't shave all that often. Hell, when winter comes along and all I wear is sweaters, I skip the shaving. It's a lot easier and it's the way nature made me.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
#16 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 10:06 PM
I don't know about armpits, especially women's armpits, since I don't have women's armpits.

But I know beards. For years, I shaved. Got got cuts, spilt blood, razor burn. For what? So I can show my bloody face off so people will like me? Do i even want people who wouldn't like me if I let it grow to like me?

I stopped. I don't care anymore. If people aren't going to like you because of your facial, pit or butt hair you probably don't want to know 'em anyway, IMHO.

Your call on nose and ear hair, tho.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 12:29 AM
Self: shave pits (stink!), shave light hair on lower legs. Also knuckles and toes (don't judge me) & can't stand facial hair - on ME! Have had butt-long hair a number of times in life & love it - too much trouble now. As to others - a few long dark hairs, or mustache on a woman makes me stare. Men with long hair, full beards -- hot hot hot.. But scraggly beards need a trim. And long pit hair on men - TRIM it. And a full-body bear suit on a man? MAN-SCAPE that crap! But shave it all off, like body builders?... a "sign" to me that they aren't interested in females. So now I'm thinking of stuart-gray with long hair, draping it over me....yummm

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#18 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 3:51 PM
Armpit hair, yesssss! Love to nuzzle my face in those coarse, curly pit hairs.

No, not really.

I don't care what other people do, but my preference is smooth and hairless on my lady and also myself. If she wanted to let it grow out, I wouldn't complain, but I'm kind of glad she doesn't. I don't shave my body, tried that before in a discrete area and holy hell it itched like crazy. Plucking is just too painful and time-consuming so I don't bother with that either. I'm not super hairy though, just a little. Very little chest hair and no back hair. I do shave my face twice a week. That's just long enough to get a light stubble before shaving. I actually prefer the feeling of being clean shaven every day, but my wife really digs the stubble. She'd prefer a little more medium stubble, but I tried letting it go a week and it just feels so annoying when it gets longer, so I figure twice a week is a good compromise.

Resident wet blanket.
Inventor
#19 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 9:56 PM
I don't shave my underarms, but I'm lucky that they are quite fine, light coloured and spaced far apart. The only problem I do have is that they can get quite long, so usually in bed before i go to sleep, I twist them and if they've grown enough to make a clump and I can grip it with my nails, I rip it out. I only have to do it a few times a month and it doesn't hurt much.

The main reason I don't shave, is because I know I'm too lazy to keep up with it long term and I don't want them being all short and spikey. When I pull them out they grow back soft, but if I cut them then they grow out hard and sharp.
I don't shave my legs for the same reason.

The other "part" gets trimmed. I'm not a beast, after all.

My partner doesn't like my leg or pit hair, but he wont grow his head hair out for me so I'm not going to shave for him. But besides calling me a spider or something it's not like it causes any actual problems in our relationship. But seriously, if it did, would it even be a relationship worth shaving for? I don't think so.

I love my partner's body hair though. I'd be sad if he took his shirt off one day and was all... hairless *shudders* but I think that's more because he'd look like a little boy and that's kind of creepy... But I know if he did, I'd get over it and get used to it :P
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 10:29 PM
I don't shave my armpits, mainly because I don't really get that many hairs for it to be noticable. I wear mostly hoodies or long sleeved things, so I don't think it really matters for me. If it does start to get annoying, then I most likely will shave it, but for now, I'm good. As for other people, I don't care. It'd be quite ironic for me to mind when I don't do it myself, really.

the token lesbian
(currently wishing it was 2011 again)
please ignore my cringy username. just call me jorgel.
Inventor
#21 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 10:52 PM
I do shave, but only when I can be bothered, which isn't very often. and right now, I'm cultivating Nottingham and Sherwood forests under my pits, with Delemere on both lower legs. I've never shaved my thighs. so, if I don't give a shit about my own forests, why should I give a shit about anybody else's? what they do is their business.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Theorist
#22 Old 1st May 2015 at 3:45 AM
Ah, men can talk about their hair as well?

Facial hair: I shave once in a while, when it's gonna become annoying and itchy. It also annoys the hell out of me when people ask when I save. But it's non of their business. Am I less likeable, because I'm having some facial hair? Face it (pun intended) that I've a beard most of the time.
Back and nose hair: not in my possession, luckily.
Chest hair: have some, but never shave it or whatever. Same goes for my arm pit (my opinion on females, being the original issue > no issue, or it must really be neglected and really hairy in an ugly way)
Arm/leg hair: having some, but thanks to my light blond hair hardly visible until a few inches from the face.
Butt hair: come on, is this really an issue for people? My butt is for sitting/laying on and for taking a dump.

On butt and facial hair: I agree with Stuart.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Instructor
#23 Old 1st May 2015 at 12:34 PM Last edited by pizza : 6th Jan 2016 at 4:02 PM.
I really don't mind what others do, but I also prefer to be completely smooth.
#24 Old 1st May 2015 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Self: shave pits (stink!), shave light hair on lower legs. Also knuckles and toes (don't judge me) & can't stand facial hair - on ME! Have had butt-long hair a number of times in life & love it - too much trouble now. As to others - a few long dark hairs, or mustache on a woman makes me stare. Men with long hair, full beards -- hot hot hot.. But scraggly beards need a trim. And long pit hair on men - TRIM it. And a full-body bear suit on a man? MAN-SCAPE that crap! But shave it all off, like body builders?... a "sign" to me that they aren't interested in females. So now I'm thinking of stuart-gray with long hair, draping it over me....yummm

I'm even more bald than my avatar, got a scraggly beard, full body suit of hair but not fur - more like a possum.

I've been interested in females since I was 5. Never understood them, tho. Too much variation to discern a pattern. Guys are much simpler.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 1st May 2015 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
Too much variation to discern a pattern. Guys are much simpler.

So men are all alike?
Page 1 of 3