Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 4:37 PM Last edited by SilentPsycho : 25th Apr 2011 at 5:14 PM.
Default Best places to live
You know how it is, you have two heroes that love each other, and you can't wait to get them hitched. Hang on though, you have to decide where they will live first!

Which of the Hero Buildings do you think will be better for which couple? A Monarch/Anyone pairing will probably always be in the castle, but what about the other pairings? Would my Blacksmith Durnik be happy in Bloodletter Polgara's surgery, or would they be better in his blacksmithery? What about a Spy/Bard pairing? Or a Merchant/Priest pairing?

Which pairings have you chosen, and where did they end up?

Right now I'm torn between my Blacksmith and Physician pairing. Durnik's place is larger, but Polgara's has separate rooms that I can change if they have children. However, her house is far away from the village, with only her father Belgareth the Sorcerer living nearby.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 4:58 PM
I can only say that it's good to see someone who read Belgariad and Mallorean saga's^^
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 5:31 PM
*Whistles innocently while trying to hide the complete sets of the Belgariad, the Mallorean, the Elenium, and the Tamuli from view*

From what I've looked at, the Spy Quarters are also a good place to move into. In this neighbourhood I'm planning to marry Spy Silk and Bard Velvet together, and despite the free drinks from the tavern, I'm going to move them into Silk's abode. I've added a Bard's Stage to the King Belgarion's Reception Hall, so Velvet doesn't have far to go to work, and the top floor might be good if/when they have children.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 5:52 PM
I'd definitely move the bard in with the spy. In fact I'd probably move any hero other than the monarch in with the Spy. The Spy has a lot of room to work with both upstairs and down.

Physician vs. Blacksmith I don't know. Both of them have pretty limited space to work with considering all the things they need for their professions. I like the way the Physician's house looks more though.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 6:13 PM
Well my doctor moved from the clinic to the blacksmith and its fairly nice if you do some of the things like :
1. Put a fence directly in front of the door, so no unwanted visitors come in
2. Create a kitchen/dining room area downstairs and seperate it with those room dividers

As for the fence, its definitely not a long term solution. We need to be able to lock doors. I am seriously hoping they silently include this in the patch as so many are complaining about the issue of random unwanted visitors..
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 8:41 PM
Oh how did I manage to forget Belgariad when I was making my first kingdom... What does Ce'Nedra do in your Kingdom? I made my first Kingdom by Wheel Of Time books LOL

But for an answer to your inquiry... The closer the Town Square the better. And If one of the spouses lives in the castle, then there. But if you want to stay true to the books, you migt want to move Durnik with Polgara and call the "island" with the clinic and tower as Aldur's Valley... Too bad they can't have twins! (btw, did the books tell what were the twins names? I don't remember...)

I can hurt a demon!! That's right. I'm back. And I'm a BLOODY ANIMAL!

Spike in Doomed
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 10:49 PM
The books neither tell the twin's names or gender. You can get twins in game, but it's very rare. Ce'Nedra's going to be my merchant. This is actually my fourth kingdom, so far I've done a #Social neighbourhood, a Elenium/Tamuli neighbourhood, a Final Fantasy VII Shinra neighbourhood, and now this one. In each one, the only pairing I did involved either Knight/Queen or Knight/Spy, so choosing their homes was easy.

I think I will move them into Durnik's blacksmith. I tried to use the wall dividers in the waiting room at Polgara's, and it just looked weird.

I think this is my order of best to least so far:

Monarch,
Spy,
Knight,
Blacksmith,
Merchant,
Wizard,
Physician,
Bard.

No clue where either the priests will go, and I doubt I'll manage to figure it out in this kingdom. Peteran Priest Aldur and Jacobean Priest Torak might not approve of being shipped off, especially since the only non-taken heroes that are not each other happen to be Belgareth and Mandorallen!

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 3:10 AM
I marry my wizard to the physician and stay at the Physician's. Its pretty much the same building anyway.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 6:56 AM
Ok, so I haven't actually married any of my heroes to other heroes, but do they seriously *move into* the other hero's house? Like, if you choose to play as the blacksmith for a certain quest but she happens to be married to the Knight, she'll be living in his barracks with him and consider that her "home"? That could be very irritating, and...weird. It doesn't make sense to me either; the blacksmith building can't just stay empty? She'd still own it and all it's contents....right?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 7:48 AM
What happens is that you get an option of which to move into once they marry. Hero A or Hero B. They can still use the stuff in the other building, it just sets which building they go to when you click the 'Go Home' button, and where any children you have or the other hero when you're not playing them autonomously go at night.

Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 6:28 PM
Uhh, just had to say how AWESOME it is that you read Eddings' stuff. I love him I cried when I heard he'd passed away
*back on topic*
I had my knight move in with the physician; her place was MUCH bigger. :3
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 11:50 PM
Nice to meet another fan of those books. They are long, but very good.
Scholar
#13 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 1:16 AM
The knights quarters also give you a lot of room to grow since they can use the tactics table in the castle and the training dummies at the training grounds. These leaves you the entire second floor to turn into living space for the family once your knight has one.
Eminence Grise
#14 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 3:07 AM
For me, the spy quarters are my LEAST favorite residence. That's because you have to zone through two other buildings to get in or out Very inconvenient. If it just had a front door I wouldn't mind it.

I love the Inn, but it really is unfair that the bard has to share it with the whole town >< There's so much I'd like to put in there that there isn't room for, because of the space the stage takes up. If there's one building that should have a complete kitchen (cauldron, oven, spit and larder), wine and beer kegs, gaming tables and a bar, it's the Inn ><

I think the priests have the fewest options, because the churches are AFAIK the only place people will turn up for a sermon. Anybody else can ply their trade in any building they like.