Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 11:27 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 8:35 PM.
Default Zoo of People Challenge! (Inspired by the Parent Zoo one)
Helllooo. This is one of my first challenges.. give me suggestions please.

In this challenge, you will make a sim that will take care of a 'zoo'. This zoo however.. Has people!

zookeeper = your person who you control to care for the zoo
Zoo'd people/zoo'ers = People caged in at the zoo

First, make your 'zookeeper'. CC is allowed. Any aspirations, any personality traits.

Second, make your people to be zoo'd. Make sure they are all adults, and they aren't related to the zookeeper. They may be related to another zoo'er though.(so maybe have a pair of sisters or brothers or something) Once again. any CC, any aspirations, any personality traits. All skills MUST start at zero.

Third, make your zoo. Money cheats are allowed. Make a normal, one floor house for the zookeeper, consisting of a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and a TV. Next, outside, make several gated in areas (make as many as you need, I put 1-2 people per section but you can do whatever.) and lock them. In each section, will be a toilet, a sink, and a tree. (for prettyness :]) EDIT: You may also add a bookshelve. an ugly one, like the cinderblock one.

Now, run your zoo. You ccan have visitors if you'd like. I suggest maxing your zookeepers skills. NO MAXMOTIVES. You must also take care of the zookeeper. The zoo'd people may not have jobs, and can not leave their 'cages'. The zookeeper may not have a job. (use money cheats) YOU CAN NOT CONTROL THE ZOO'D PEOPLE. And yes, the zoo'd people will have to sleep on the ground. Things that are required daily (sim days):
To feed the zoo'd people. One meal. So if you decide to have 4 people in a section, one person will eat.

Every three or so sim days, clean the toilet/sink and any accidents/dirty dishes that are in the section.

The challenge is over when: All of your zoo'd people are elders, or when all of the zoo'd people die.

40 for every zoo'er that makes it to elder with green or higher aspirations
10 for zoo'er that make it to elder with less than green aspiration
20 per friend that the zoo'ers make
30 per best friend that zoo'ers make
5 for every object cleaned by a zoo'er
50 if a zoo'er falls in love with another zoo'er
10 for if two zoo-ers kiss without your control-
20 for if two zoo-ers makeout without your control
3 for every good memory )EXCLUDE THE ONES LIKE NEW HOUSE, ETC. ONLY USE THE ONES FROM THE ZOO.
8 for every skill point gained by a zoo'er
20 if a zoo'er maxes a skill

-
20 for every visit by the doctor
50 for every death
5 for every accident
10 for every fight/arguement
2 for every bad memory
10 if they lose a skill point

Let me know if you have any suggestions
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 11:43 PM
I'm not sure about the "one meal" rule if each individual player gets to decide how many people they want in each section. Having 4 people and 1 meal a day is pretty different to 1 person and 1 meal a day.

Also, how many people must you create to live in the cages? Seven?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 11:59 PM
You can create as many as you'd like, if you want more than seven then just use the Tombstone of L and D to spawn some people.
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 12:09 AM
Hmm. This sounds interesting. I think I may have to try this. It should be interesting. :evil laugh:. :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 9:23 PM
This sounds fun :D
I've already made my zoo keeper creatively named the zoo keeper
And created all of the zoo humans and built their cages and the zoo keppers home =)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 9:27 PM
Sweeet. Post pics and let me know how it goes. Hehehe (:
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 10:35 PM
I think I can make an OFB verision for this challenge.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 5:34 PM
Alright so I've started this challenge. I'd be happy to post pics, but I don't know where they are. I really wanted to show off my mediocre zoo making skills. It happens to look really good in Strangetown.

Now I've followed the scoring system that has been set up so far, but currently, I'm deep in the negatives. I've lost three sims: one from starvation and the other two were in my 'aquarium'. Those two died by drowning.

I have a pair of sims that get along no matter how bad their moods are but they're too unhappy to flirt (with or without influence).

One sim had to be moved from her pin into another because she kept fighting with another sim. Now she's fighting with the guy in her new cage.

And let me tell everyone now to make certain that their cooking skills are full. You need to keep your animals/sims full for the rest of the day and into the next. Not a lot of meals will let you do this.

Zookeeping is not an easy job. You have to cook A LOT. I have eight animals/sims (since my 'fish'/sim in the aquarium died). Trying to cook enough to feed all of them does take a bit of time.

All together though, this is FUN! I'm enjoying myself. My zoo keeper is currently dating a surgeon and I'm thinking of making him get in shape. In case one of the animals/sims start to act up with him.

Also, I'm thinking of having my zookeeper taken by aliens. This way, his alien child can someday take over the zoo. And that just makes so much sense.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 4:37 AM
This is such a cool challange. I downlode cool animals like bears and horses so im gonna have a people zoo and a zoo zoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clandestine004
I think I can make an OFB verision for this challenge.

Feel free to, just give me credits to the original. [:
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 4:25 PM Last edited by SmallMizz : 24th Oct 2010 at 11:43 PM.
Sorry it took so long to post some pics but i couldn't find them xD
Anyway, the challenge didnt go as smoothly as expected They lasted about 1 week and then they all died...1 even died on the 2nd day O_o
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 2:30 PM
Default sweeeeet.
Quote: Originally posted by SmallMizz
Sorry it took so long to post some pics but i couldn't find them xD
Anyway, the challenge didnt go as smoothly as expected They lasted about 1 week and then they all died...1 even died on the 2nd day O_o

Woooow. That is awesome. I like your zoo setup. Thanks for the pics. :p
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 3:01 PM Last edited by Mortimer 2 : 14th Nov 2010 at 7:56 PM.
Sounds Wild,i mean Fun. :D

Welcome to the Green Bark Park! (lol Weird)check out my "victims"
Anubis,Mascot Cow,Gunther Goth,Chicken,Gorilla

Gunther Goth as the Zoo keeper

There was a peacock,the park mascot

Mr & Mrs Cow

a Cheater

and the sacred one,an Anubis! lol

The challenge in progress.

Lemme be yo sledgehammer
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mortimer 2
Sounds Wild,i mean Fun. :D

Welcome to the Green Bark Park! (lol Weird)check out my "victims"
Anubis,Mascot Cow,Gunther Goth,Chicken,Gorilla

Gunther Goth as the Zoo keeper

There was a peacock,the park mascot

Mr & Mrs Cow

a Cheater

and the sacred one,an Anubis! lol

The challenge in progress.

Yours looks really awesome, so much more creative than mine.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 6:10 PM
This is awesome! I got loads of pics on day 1!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 7:47 PM
anyone have any more pics? I'd love to see.
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 2:15 AM
I really like the idea of this challenge, I think the general concept will work for a story/legacy idea I've been mulling over for a while!
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 5:17 AM
Well i tried this today, the longest survival time was 5 days, i made 10 zoo'd people
4 women, 6 men,
each gender there was a pair in one cage, who had to fight over food each day. respectively it seemed the same sim got the grub each time. resulting in the quick death of their cage mate.
every 3 days i allowed them to visit their own gender via meeting cells between their cages with temporary gates, the men preferred their own company, while the women would chat for hours despite hating each other. William Zookeeper, wanted to feed them better food but could not with everything else to be done, so one person got Lobster each day at random, whereas everyone else got something simple.

William Zookeeper

A view of the Zoo

A view of the womens exhibit in the beginning

A view of the mens exhibit

Who will get the pasta and ensure herself more time in the zoo?

That answers that.

The remaining women spending visiting night together

And lastly the memorial gravesite
Test Subject
#19 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 2:16 AM
This is going to be AWESOME! Can't wait to try it. :D