Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#4151 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 6:15 AM
Today I learned that with the no-social worker mod, children can die of the flu/plague.
I didn't pay the little girl much attention because I did not think she could die.
Curious, anyone know if toddlers can get sick and die, too? :-(

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Advertisement
Instructor
#4152 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 8:52 AM Last edited by velvetina : 7th Oct 2017 at 9:48 AM.
That make-out animation in the love tub... it caught me VERY off-guard. EDIT: Wait no, it's the variation for the super mega duper outgoing sims. Freaking naked hot-tubbers!
And @SIMelissa , toddlers are immune to almost everything. The only way they can die is due to a glitch that I think was fixed.
Mad Poster
#4153 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 9:21 AM
I had an impromptu wedding on a community lot (my town hall, where there is a wedding arch and a buffet because it seemed suitable when I built it) last night. The engaged couple rolled the want to get married. Since I never had a wedding on a community lot, it was interesting.

(Not feeling like teleporting sims in or doing anything, I just told the groom to get married).

To my (pleasant) surprise, some of the sims, mostly townies, already on the lot, who know the wedding couple, changed into formal clothes all by themselves and took part in the celebrations! Townies not known to my sims went about their business without interfering.
Mad Poster
#4154 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
And @SIMelissa , toddlers are immune to almost everything. The only way they can die is due to a glitch that I think was fixed.

Once, I was playing with Faiuwle's hack that lets the weather machine summon a giant meteor storm that sets everything on fire. Throughout the entire thing, the toddler was surrounded by flames and happily banging away at the xylophone. When everyone else died, the social worker appeared and casually walked through the remaining burning ash piles to cart off the toddler. It was rather surreal.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4155 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 10:24 AM
I've always held my weddings on community lots because anyone who is a friend of the couple will automatically get changed into formal wear. Sometimes this is funny, because the men will show up in Santa Claus costumes, and the women in Mrs. Claus' costume.

But community lot weddings are fun, if you make sure that there is no champagne or beer to start a fight over..and always have a hottub on the premises. Guarantee that you'll see some fun going on-even if it's not the newly wed couple..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#4156 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:34 PM
I thought it was everyone on the lot that changed to formal clothes and watched the wedding (maybe except a random one or two), but I do spawn friends and family so there isn’t much of a chance for townies to appear, and I guess those that did appear happen to be at least 0/0 acquaintances with my sims. But, unknown townies can definitely join eating or toasting (however I removed the champagne from the lot because it was annoying).

Incidentally, I should probably build a better wedding lot, now it’s just a random place outside where no-one even bothers to mow the grass

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#4157 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 3:14 PM
I had a teen automously check themselves in the mirrow and I noti the plumbob didn't reflect against it as a whole figure. Only the hollow light was seen shining with yellow glow (that's the color it was) but no plumbob was seen.
Mad Poster
#4158 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 5:32 PM
That is what surprised me, @Voeille - only those known to the couple changed, and only those in formal wear ate at the buffet!
Alchemist
#4159 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
Today I learned that with the no-social worker mod, children can die of the flu/plague.
I didn't pay the little girl much attention because I did not think she could die.
disease actually is a Child death without mods/hacks and without cheats. and from my testing long ago, drowning and fire are also.
toddler death I take to be possible through Rodney's Death Creator (Spawn object) or through some hack; I doubt there are any non-cheat/non-hack/non-mod toddler deaths. base game Prima guide tells that toddlers and babies would continue being sick.
Scholar
#4160 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:19 AM
I discovered that Sims will autonomously study skills on Monique's computer.
Mad Poster
#4161 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:20 AM
I have Monique's computer and no sims of mine do it. are you sure this is not (other) mod related?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#4162 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:35 AM
I have a test family that now consists of a mother, a newly aged teenage daughter, and a newly aged toddler daughter. The mother is romance and the teen became family when she aged. The mom gives her kids attention when directed or asked, but she's not overly attentive by herself. As mom was busy elsewhere I directed the teen to potty train the toddler one time. Then later on, possibly the next day, I saw her do it autonomously. I never saw a sibling teach other anything before. Read, play, torment .. lol, but never teach. New one on me.
Mad Poster
#4163 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:27 AM
Don't use stretchskeleton on dogs.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#4164 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:31 AM
I shouldn't have clicked the spoiler. Good Lord, that is even worse than the stretched cat!
Inventor
#4165 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:20 AM
I can see 'creepypasta' written all over that dog. Man, that is hideous! >.<

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Scholar
#4166 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I have Monique's computer and no sims of mine do it. are you sure this is not (other) mod related?

I've only had the one Sim do it so far, but I can't think of anything else that would make her do that. Most of my mods are do to with finance and parenting.

Do you have your Sims use the computer to build skills? It's under 'school,' and has to be set for the Sim by name. There are settings for how many hours to study and how long a break to take. I'd only intended for her to study one thing on one specific occasion, but it seems to have set it for her to study any skill any time she's at a loose end, if she's had a long enough break since the last time.
Inventor
#4167 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:11 AM
I don't know why they recycled this voice bit.

For the deeper male voice I just discovered there's a voice bit used for tickling a toddler, which is the same as when goosing somebody.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Inventor
#4168 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 7:31 AM
I just saw something I hadn't seen before. I was playing Bianca Monty when Patrizio just happened to come in as a walk-by. She needed some socializing, so I directed her to greet him. She was a fair distance away as she was on the back side of the lot. Usually, visitors just stand there until the person reaches them. Patrizio, though, held his arms out and motioned with his hands in a clear "come give me a hug" gesture. He even said something short as he did it, which seemed to be some kind of greeting. I thought it was very heartwarming, even if he did end up repeating it several times as she ran to him!
Mad Poster
#4169 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa

Toddlers are pretty much immune to everything, whilst children can die by drowning, fire and I learned from you - death by flu. Other than those, they are immune to other stuff.
Mad Poster
#4170 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Don't use stretchskeleton on dogs.

Pardon me, I just have to call the ASPCA for a minute.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#4171 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Toddlers are pretty much immune to everything

Toddlers can die by fire, though it takes some doing/special circumstances. Once when I played the Brokes (without any No Social Worker mods, mind you), Beau died in a fire along with Brandi. I had thought toddlers were fireproof, but no. In this case, the path of the fire made it so that no npc could reach Beau--the firefighter couldn't reach to put the fire out and the social worker couldn't reach to haul him away and, sadly, Beau ended up dying. Indeed, Cyjon even made a mod to make toddlers fireproof (http://www.cyjon.net/node/426), so I take that as a sign that it really wasn't just my game.

I wouldn't recommend letting/arranging toddlers die from anything, though, even for story purposes, as I believe their ghosts are problematic. I remember researching this when I was looking to implement a Completely Random and Mysterious Death Chance in my old timey/integrated hoods. Basically, I think my findings were ghost toddlers = glitches. So wait until they're kids at least; then they can die of fire, drowning, or sickness. I believe there are kid ghosts for all of those.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#4172 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Toddlers can die by fire, though it takes some doing/special circumstances. Once when I played the Brokes (without any No Social Worker mods, mind you), Beau died in a fire along with Brandi. I had thought toddlers were fireproof, but no. In this case, the path of the fire made it so that no npc could reach Beau--the firefighter couldn't reach to put the fire out and the social worker couldn't reach to haul him away and, sadly, Beau ended up dying. Indeed, Cyjon even made a mod to make toddlers fireproof (http://www.cyjon.net/node/426), so I take that as a sign that it really wasn't just my game.

I wouldn't recommend letting/arranging toddlers die from anything, though, even for story purposes, as I believe their ghosts are problematic. I remember researching this when I was looking to implement a Completely Random and Mysterious Death Chance in my old timey/integrated hoods. Basically, I think my findings were ghost toddlers = glitches. So wait until they're kids at least; then they can die of fire, drowning, or sickness. I believe there are kid ghosts for all of those.

This reminds me of when I first actually played Sims 2: I walked out of the room to get a drink with a toddler in the kitchen while its mother was cooking dinner and when I got back a fire was raging and the toddler and mum ended up dying in it. Good job I quit without saving if the ghosts are dodgy!

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Inventor
#4173 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:41 PM
Speaking of toddlers, one taught me last night that they can sleep in pet beds, although their energy doesn't improve as fast as when in a crib.

I also learned how frustrating butlers can be. I had a situation where the toddler needed sleep first, but the butler insisted on feeding him. So he constantly woke him up and placed him on the high chair while I tried to get mama to put the kid back in the crib. Finally, I had enough and dismissed the butler before half of the toddler's needs became critical along with energy. During this beating around the bush, I was tempted to either boost the toddler's energy or hunger a bit, and I don't think locking doors would've prevented the butler from invading the kid's room. I could've put stuff in the way of the doors though (there's a second door that leads to the upstairs balcony).

One thing good about those ugly batboxes is they're great at barricading doors.

Forum Resident
#4174 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 7:54 PM Last edited by inspiredzone : 9th Oct 2017 at 7:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
I thought it was everyone on the lot that changed to formal clothes and watched the wedding (maybe except a random one or two), but I do spawn friends and family so there isn’t much of a chance for townies to appear, and I guess those that did appear happen to be at least 0/0 acquaintances with my sims. But, unknown townies can definitely join eating or toasting (however I removed the champagne from the lot because it was annoying).

Incidentally, I should probably build a better wedding lot, now it’s just a random place outside where no-one even bothers to mow the grass

I have weddings on community lots all the time and it's usually everyone. Even the barista changed to formal and sat down.
Lab Assistant
#4175 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 6:05 AM
I discovered that the Birth Control option on Inteenimater is not 100% effective!

I started a Sim on birth control last rotation because she decided she was done having children. She already had four grown children and two still living at home. Plus, she's not far away from being an Elder.

So, this rotation, right after she wakes up, she runs to the bathroom and throws up. Cue internal 'Ohhhh nooooo.' I check and sure enough, she is 19 hours pregnant!

The house was set up specifically for just the four of them, but looks like we will have to do some rearranging for baby. I'm not too upset, though. Mainly because I find the whole situation to be very realistic (birth control isn't 100% foolproof and lots of women have babies, planned or unplanned, when they are older) and plus, the two younger children will have a little sibling to play with!

Dad doesn't seem too fazed either, in fact, he even seems a little proud of himself lol.
Page 167 of 445