Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 5:01 AM
Default Disable celebrity on skill gain?
Quick question: How to disable Celebrity point gain just by having a skill up? I have NRAAS' Story Progression.

I used to be able to do this easily but somehow I can't find the guide via Google anymore. And it gets so annoying that some plumber Joe gets 5 star celebrity just by reading some skill books.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 6:31 AM
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryPr...on+Interactions

The setting you want is, on City Hall or an in-game computer,
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Skills > Celebrity per Skill Level > (default is 50, so you want a lower value or possibly even 0)

Edit: And send Joe over to my house please, don't care how famous he thinks he is. I have a sink that keeps dripping and no matter how hard I bash it with skill books, it won't stop.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 7:21 AM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 4th Aug 2015 at 12:55 AM.
Thanks so much. I remember it was something really simple.

Joe said "you aren't bashing the sink hard enough, get a thicker book".

Anyway, since we are at it, I might as well post another Celebrity related setting: Disable the global celebrity options in town:
Code:
Click on the City Hall Building/Map Tag or any Computer
Select: NRaas > Story Progresson > Town Options > "Friendship: Allow Celebrity" and "Friendship: Allow Celebrity Disgrace"
Click the checkmark to change both of these to "False"

I think this will disable celebrity gain altogether, you have to manually assign celebrity per sim, which is great for me.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 5:10 AM
That's one approach to reel the system in. Another, one that I'm just starting to use, is to set the caps for each celeb level really low and use MasterController to shove the already too high leveled sims back down. I don't mind having some Level 4s and 5s in town, but having one in my living room should be a rarity, not an everyday occurrence.

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Friendship > Options:Celebrity > Celeb Ratio Level 1 (thru 5)

The defaults are 100/50/25/12/6. I'm trying out things like 25/12/8/4/3. Still a work in progress, but the way that should work is if 3% of the town are already Level 5s and 4% are level 4s, then no one else can reach those levels unless celeb demotion happens, the high level sims die, or move out of the world.