Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 5:39 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 29th Mar 2016 at 3:35 PM.
Default When there is more than one Lod1...(SOLVED)
I need help with this. I had to add to the smallest Lod 1, and now TSRW tells me that group_thin has unmatched vertices..5 more than expected. I don't understand, all meshes are the same.

So if you are used to work with several Lods..could you help me please?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 11:19 AM
Oh that usually happens if you didn't apply 'align normals' to your mesh. First I would do 'model cleaner' then 'align normals', fix the neck seams and now TSRW should accept the mesh! ^-^
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 12:07 AM
But this is what I do when creating lod2 using lod 1...
Now, all i did was adding the nude neck/shoulder part to another mesh, that had kind of a..turtleneck instead of bare neck. You think this still applies?

Virtual gardener
#4 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 2:45 PM
If you use Directx for making LODS, it's likely to happen that the mesh willl be all black. for this you'll need align normals to fix it. if you're working on the high level of detail (like how it looks like if you're really close to a sim) you'll need to do as in my previous reply. The mesh itself doesn't matter. The problem is usually causing with the fact that the normals are different than EA/TSRW likes. I once added a plugin that sharpened the normals so the mesh looked really sharp instead of smooth, but TSRW didn't accept it. So some meshes work without using align normals, but usually it doesn't like now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 9:26 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 27th Mar 2016 at 9:58 PM.
I am still working with the highest level of detail mesh for now. So no directx playing with as of yet, for this project anyways.
I will though, but only when Lod1 will be all done and working fine. Then, I'll use that perfect one to create the 2 others.

This is not my problem now.

My problem now, is that I need to add a body part to ..another body part. Frenskentein you'd say?
My starter is the bunny outfit from EP6. It has a turtleneck...I want bare neck. So, I fixed neck/shoulder part of bunny, to my likings. Then, add nude neck/shoulder part to it. Fixed everything, then import into TSRW.
0lod has everything in it, except finger tips.
1lod has fingertips. So, I added the nude neck/shoulder to that one.
For some reason, 0lod works..but 1lod says mismatched vertices.
group_base and all other, so fat, fit, thin, special, all have the very same edits by me.
it simply makes NO sense that one of them would have missmatched vertices.

Maybe easier with pictures

First 2, are the original (not so original, i edited the wrists) 0Lod1 which has everything almost, and 1Lod1 with only fingertips.
Lods have 2 groups in that project.

next 2 pictures are my own edits.
The one with the nude neck part added? TSRW dont want of it.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 7:14 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah...OK! I fixed it. lol
I was wrong, group_thin HAD difference in vertices finally. All that wasted time..impossible.

Virtual gardener
#7 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 8:54 PM
Glad you figured out! Usually TSRW throws these errors when you didn't apply align normals, but I guess this was a issue that TSRW was meant to throw the error for. Oh well! I love the idea though! ^-^
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 9:01 PM
I really like the result..though, it would be better if I'd add a hoodie...like my RL onesie has.
Screenshots