Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 1:46 PM
Default Bone-assignment in milkshape: Assigning the Root_bind?
Just a little question concerning bone-assignment in milkshape:
When I assign the bones manually in milkshape and load the rigged mesh into TSRW, the mesh disappears.
When I reimport the rigged mesh into Milkshape, the bones and the mesh are fine, I just cant see the mesh in TSRW (and yes the normals are totally fine)
Do I have to assign the mesh to the ROOT_bind or Root_bind_export and which value do I have to use. 0?

* this problem is always happening when I assign the bones manually*

Help. What am I doing wrong?

♘ visit my tumblr here
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 3:09 PM
Well what I usually do is first assign the bones through Meshtoolkit, then edit the bones since there are some bones in there that the game doesn't even use or maybe for some creatures like frogs (I think, at least that sounds reasonable). As pose creator, I think that ROOT_Bind is the only ROOT the game uses but that's why I rather first add the bones in Meshtoolkit and then edit them in Milkshape.

The disappearance of meshes could be 2 issues. the bones aren't assigned to the mesh at all, or are but the bones are either corrupted in some way or well... they don't work how they should. The second issue could be your version of TSRW. The latest versions (where they made TSRW compatible for ts3 and ts4) just are incredibly buggy and game breaking mainly because of their import/export plugin. So I would recommend using an older version of TSRW. I can give you a link to mine if you need one ^-^