Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 11:26 AM
Default CC Doesn't show up when converting sim3pack file to packaged file
So I used Delphy's converted to convert a few sim3pack CC from THE SIMS RESOURCE to packaged file. I put them in my mods folder etc etc and they don't show up. All my other CC is perfectly fine. Please help.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 4:34 PM
Not sure if you are extracting right to the Packages folder so maybe a silly question here but after you extract the package file, if you are extracting to an empty folder on your desktop or somewhere are you then taking it from the folder you extracted to and placing it in your mods folder?

I keep empty folders on my desktop - one for the 3Pack and one to extract to. That way I can rename it so I know what the content is. Then I just cut and paste it in my Mod/Packages Folder. Maybe try it that way and see if it will work?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Not sure if you are extracting right to the Packages folder so maybe a silly question here but after you extract the package file, if you are extracting to an empty folder on your desktop or somewhere are you then taking it from the folder you extracted to and placing it in your mods folder?

I keep empty folders on my desktop - one for the 3Pack and one to extract to. That way I can rename it so I know what the content is. Then I just cut and paste it in my Mod/Packages Folder. Maybe try it that way and see if it will work?

Yes i put it in my mods folder in the packages one. When I extract it, it gives me like multiple package files so I put it in a folder and then put it in the mods folder.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jennahaner
Yes i put it in my mods folder in the packages one. When I extract it, it gives me like multiple package files so I put it in a folder and then put it in the mods folder.

Are you just putting them in a folder and then putting that folder in the mods folder?
The extracted files should go into the Mods/Packages Folder. I'm not sure how your Mods/Package folder is set up but I'd try just putting them in Packages loose rather than in another folder.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 6:43 AM
I've put folders of CC from TSR converted to package files into my packages folder inside the Mods folder and it did show up in my game.I've got tons of TSR CC installed that way and it's all showing up though buy mode is a royal mess with too many CC items hiding my EA content.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 7:37 AM
Did you set up your Mods framework as described here? Just adding a folder called "Mods" is not enough.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Did you set up your Mods framework as described here? Just adding a folder called "Mods" is not enough.

I installed the mods folders correctly etc hence the working packages files that were there from before. Its just these specific sims3pack converted to package files are not working.
Site Helper
#8 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 3:38 PM
In that case, are you certain that the problem is not with the Sims3packs?

What I tend to do is to have a folder on my desktop for New Sims 3 packs. I put them in there, then have the multi-extractor extract to that folder. Then I move the resulting package file(s) to my New Downloads folder in Mods/Packages and the leftover Sims3packs to my backup storage folder. If there was more than one package in the Sims3pack, it gets a subfolder with the name of the Sims 3 pack and I manually rename the files to something a bit more pronounceable than the bowl of alphabet soup that they came out with. This has worked for me. But it's basically the same thing that barbarat was suggesting, so I assume you may have tried it on those sims3packs by now.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 4:01 PM
What cc did you try to convert to packages? Would you have an example (links to the downloads)? If the framework is set up correctly (meaning that other package files in subfolders within your mods/packages folder work correctly) then maybe the sims3packs are the problem. Other possible reasons why "the cc" doesn't work in the mods-folder:
- it's not objects but lots or sim-files
- pattern very often do not work if converted to packages (depending on the way they were created)
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 4:04 AM
Default Did you modify the file?
Quote: Originally posted by jennahaner
So I used Delphy's converted to convert a few sim3pack CC from THE SIMS RESOURCE to packaged file. I put them in my mods folder etc etc and they don't show up. All my other CC is perfectly fine. Please help.

The only time I actually convert sim3pack to .package file is when I want to modify them. Did you modify the file? If you have s3pe, you can view the objd grid to make sure that "show in catalog" is set to true.