Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 7:13 PM Last edited by tysika : 7th Apr 2017 at 8:43 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Unstable trait removes my sim's traits [solved]
I know the unstable trait is supposed to swap his traits, but instead it just removes it. The notification went something like:

Your sim no longer has the following traits
-Dislikes children

Your sim now has the following traits
. (<-- it's just a weird period there and no trait)

As a result, my sim loses his dislikes children trait and now he has 1 empty slot.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 7:58 PM
This isn't a solution, more like a band-aid, but I think I would get Master Controller with the Cheats module and assign a new trait to the guy at this point.

If you have some dice or can go online to an RNG, you could make a sheet and randomly roll for a new trait. Or just pick one.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 8:56 PM
You probably will not even need a mod. Just enable testingcheats, shift-click on your Sim and chose the option in the menu to change traits.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 9:02 PM
@Ghost sdoj @Don Babilon

Thank you guys for the work arounds, I have nraas, so I'm using MC's "populate traits" for now. It's too bad because this trait would've been really interesting if it actually worked properly. Is there no way to fix it so it actually works?
Site Helper
#5 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 3:14 PM
I don't have that EP, so I don't have that trait, but I have seen indications that it usually works as advertised. Fixing it would involve going through (and actually doing each step, since it's a diagnostic tool) the whole Game Problem FAQ at http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._3_Game_Problem to find out where in the process the trait is having trouble finding the one to change to, and then probably either doing the binary search dance through your CC to find out which one is the source of the problem or discovering you have a corrupt sim or a corrupt install. Any of that is a lot more work than just giving the guy a new trait once in a while. Of course, you could get lucky and have the problem fixed when you clear your caches.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 8:42 PM
@Ghost sdoj Thanks! The problem appears to have fixed itself though. It started working after removing the first time... weird, I didn't even clear caches or anything.
Site Helper
#7 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 1:54 AM
I'm glad it fixed itself. (Although now I'm starting to wonder if it wasn't trying to assign a Hidden trait, although I would expect that those are probably not supposed to be assigned. )