Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 8:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Seasons
Installed a island world that loaded without bridges, what can I do?
As the title says, I installed this island custom world but, despite the fact that the only requirement listed on the page to install is the base game, the bridges didnt install correctly and dont appear at all, leaving my sims unable to get to the other islands... is there a way to fix this in game? suggestions about what to do? thanks anyways!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 9:52 PM
It looks to me as though it's also saying you need WA.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 4:38 PM
Yes, the bridge I can see in the image is definitely from WA.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:30 PM
I see, I thought it would be fine since the only item listed under the necessary items was the base game. unfortunately that was not the case...
do you know if there some way to fix this? like installing a cc bridge or modify the world so that those are no longer islands?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:36 AM
Well yes, technically the basegame is the only requirement, as the world will load and possibly play without WA (whereas with some of the later EPs, the world will not even load without them).

The routing should still be there, so you might find that cars float across the missing bridges in the air. If that is the case then you might be able to find a bridge or deco bridge that is available in the world editor that would fit the gap.

But the best solution would be to edit the world in CAW so that you can build some land bridges to span the gap. Then you could rebuild the routing and have everything work nicely.

The easiest solution would be to get WA, or else to download a different world.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Well yes, technically the basegame is the only requirement, as the world will load and possibly play without WA (whereas with some of the later EPs, the world will not even load without them).

The routing should still be there, so you might find that cars float across the missing bridges in the air. If that is the case then you might be able to find a bridge or deco bridge that is available in the world editor that would fit the gap.

But the best solution would be to edit the world in CAW so that you can build some land bridges to span the gap. Then you could rebuild the routing and have everything work nicely.

The easiest solution would be to get WA, or else to download a different world.

thank you for the thorough answer! I have two more questions: the file needed to change the world in CAW is different from the one I installed if I understand correctly (Im not familiar with CAW so I tried googling)? and if I get world adventures, do you think I could install it even though I have already installed and played that bridgeless island world?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:47 PM
If you edit the world in CAW then you can create either a replacement for that particular world, or you could create an alternative for that world. For example, I created two different versions of one of my worlds, and I made it so that people could have both versions installed.