Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
Well, I like my sim being able to pick anyone. SO if they're naturally attracted to Mr. Fugly Townie, I can avoid him and if he's a stalker, I can change her turn on's. The systems you're describing sound really complicated, which makes them ahrd to change (gotta love re-nu-yu-porta-chug) and besides, turn ons and offs do work. I like the idea of there being several face templates that you can set at various levels, like template one (maxis or custom) is the epitome of beauty, and template 2 is god awful ugly. And the game calculates everyone between those two ideals. Plus turn ons and turn offs for eye/hair color and personality.

the ren-yu-porta-chung or orb could make you reset the sliders to your liking
and, me not being a CC fan, i use for most of my sims the first face template because it looks more normal than the other ones; and i think that a big part of the simming community chooses the beautyfuller face templates(i dislike making my own faces for sims lol); but your idea is kinda good too :D

also, i'm going to make a description of my attraction slider
[x].............[y]
<abcdeXedcba>
let's say the slider is set to the first c; this means that the sim is quite attracted to sims with the X feature so let's say it recives a +3 attraction bonus to those sims; also, that would mean it recives a -3 attraction bonus to the more Yed sims
a sim is x or y if that the respective body structure's sliders tend to have a positive or a negatie values
like:
wide nose/narrow nose
<==============o>
big nose/small nose
<=======o=======>
long nose/short nose
<=====o=========>
the average placing of the sliders is above the middle, so that sim would be considered to have a small nose
about jobs, if the sim has the X job, your sim will recive the respective bonus according to the job slider; if it dosen't have the X job, it could recive a small bonus if the job is related(athletic-military; science-natural science; show biz-entrateinment, etc)
Advertisement
#27 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 1:16 AM
bookworm_duo, I like your slider idea. I think it allows for some very unique sims in personality It's feasible. I hope Maxis can do that.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 1:20 AM
I like bookworm duo's idea too, as long as its simple to make in CAS. As in, less than 10 buttons, and be able t change it in game.

Also, lol at the fact that so many people made elaborate diagrams of sliders.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by robokitty
It bothers me that we don't have things like placeable moles, birthmarks, scars, and dimples.

I couldn't agree with you more! But don't forget freckles, too!
Test Subject
#30 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 3:16 PM
Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the sims is just a game, an overly simplified reality where I think it would be great for them to be attracted to other sims based on facial features (as well as eye color, hair color, etc..).
I would like to be able to select that a sim is turned on by bigger noses and wide cat-like eyes and for example turned off by gapped teeth or freckles or whatever. This should be possible.

It would also be a dream come true if they could get turned on/off according to clothing style and just personality/style in general.
Scholar
#31 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
also, i'm going to make a description of my attraction slider
[x].............[y]
<abcdeXedcba>
let's say the slider is set to the first c; this means that the sim is quite attracted to sims with the X feature so let's say it recives a +3 attraction bonus to those sims; also, that would mean it recives a -3 attraction bonus to the more Yed sims
a sim is x or y if that the respective body structure's sliders tend to have a positive or a negatie values
like:
wide nose/narrow nose
<==============o>
big nose/small nose
<=======o=======>
long nose/short nose
<=====o=========>
the average placing of the sliders is above the middle, so that sim would be considered to have a small nose

I like this idea too. But you forgot a "Butt size" slider for my Sir Mixalot sim

Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I couldn't agree with you more! But don't forget freckles, too!

Oops! Yes, freckles too. How could I forget? I even have them.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 10:27 PM
That was the other thing I forgot to mention. I now want clothing styles categorized by scene/style, such as goth, preppy, ghetto, etc. And Sims can like/dislike either.
#33 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 11:27 PM
frankie, do you mean like the game Bully? People will go after you if you wear certain kids of clothes (like preps will go after nerds, etc).
Mad Poster
#34 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 11:36 PM
I have never heard of that game but yes, that is what I meant. I think instead of just the basic categories of clothing such as everyday, formal, etc., we should have another category system which would be for labels/scenes and that can be part of turn-ons/offs and just basic like/dislike.
Instructor
#35 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 1:20 AM
Ignoring a host of other issues, the main problem with that idea is that it's hard to categorize a clothing style as a specific type, b/c there are lots of overlap and gray areas.

To give a few examples, 'emo', 'goth', and 'scene' styles overlap quite a lot. And you couldn't really group punk in the same category as "punk" via Hot Topic, for example. And preppy or nerdy done ironically could be considered hipster - now how would you determine "irony" in a computer game?

Not to mention, styles can be incredibly transitory and short-lived. Homeless-hippie style was a while ago ridiculously popular with filthy rich celebrities, although now it's not. Emo/scene/hipster style didn't even exist as categories 10 years ago. Mod and grunge were huge in their respective eras but now are barely seen. And what about those fantasy/victorian/medieval players? What categories would those clothes fall into?

So although that idea is cool in theory, it would never work in practice.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 2:14 AM
I never realized it like that. I was just thinking for realism purposes.
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
Ignoring a host of other issues, the main problem with that idea is that it's hard to categorize a clothing style as a specific type, b/c there are lots of overlap and gray areas.

To give a few examples, 'emo', 'goth', and 'scene' styles overlap quite a lot. And you couldn't really group punk in the same category as "punk" via Hot Topic, for example. And preppy or nerdy done ironically could be considered hipster - now how would you determine "irony" in a computer game?

Not to mention, styles can be incredibly transitory and short-lived. Homeless-hippie style was a while ago ridiculously popular with filthy rich celebrities, although now it's not. Emo/scene/hipster style didn't even exist as categories 10 years ago. Mod and grunge were huge in their respective eras but now are barely seen. And what about those fantasy/victorian/medieval players? What categories would those clothes fall into?

So although that idea is cool in theory, it would never work in practice.

It would work in practice quite easily. In the game you are able to name a "collection" of furniture items for example, you should be able to do the same with clothing. Everyone should be able to name their own clothing style categories however they want it, and choose which outfits fit into it. Very easy and very good cause everyone can name the categories however they want and choose whatever they want to go in them and are not obliged to categorize all clothing- so everyone really wins because it would be 100% customizable.

So I can for example, create a "hot topic punk" category and select whatever I think would fit that description according to me. And if I would want to, I could make one outfit be categorized under two or more categories so it can be recognized as being part of both or more styles.
#38 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 2:01 PM

sliders for emoness, gothness and sceneness?
sliders are the future!
like a button where you see how emo/goth/scene/formal/etc. a piece of clothing is
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 3:59 PM
Oh yeah, I can imagine what nigtmare categorising my custom wardrobe will be then.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Instructor
#40 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jooxis84
So I can for example, create a "hot topic punk" category and select whatever I think would fit that description according to me. And if I would want to, I could make one outfit be categorized under two or more categories so it can be recognized as being part of both or more styles.

They couldn't possibly anticipate ingame reactions to whichever custom category you would decide to create. So then, what would be the purpose of having categories?

The only purpose it would serve would be to make it slightly easier to dress your sims according to a "theme"...but then with the time you'd have to spend categorizing things you'd probably have dressed 10 of them anyway.
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kissamies
Oh yeah, I can imagine what nigtmare categorising my custom wardrobe will be then.

That is exactly why I said you wouldn't be obliged to categorize anything if you don't want to and it would be entirely optional as I know many people including me would use this option as well as many who can't bother.

They couldn't possibly anticipate ingame reactions to whichever custom category you would decide to create. So then, what would be the purpose of having categories?

The purpose would be that I can create a category called "geeky" and then when I select turn-ons and turn-offs for other sims I can choose this category "geeky" as a turn on/turn off for them.
Instructor
#42 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jooxis84
The purpose would be that I can create a category called "geeky" and then when I select turn-ons and turn-offs for other sims I can choose this category "geeky" as a turn on/turn off for them.

Hmm. I get you. That actually sounds pretty cool. It does sound tricky - I'd think the turnon/off system would need to be reworked, but if it's possible it would have so many gameplay possibilities.

We could set an aristocratic sim to seek out girls in maid-in-waiting outfits. Slutty outfits could be turn-offs to more conservative sims and turn-ons to the romance-sim types. And I could finally recreate my "nerd" turn-on. Oh, the possibilities...

You know, you should recommend this somewhere where a Maxoid could see it. Maybe they'll even take it into consideration.

On a related note, I really think Maxis needs a reliable way for sim players to offer suggestions to the people developing the game, b/c honestly, it's the players that come up with some of the best ones!
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 11:03 PM
We could set an aristocratic sim to seek out girls in maid-in-waiting outfits. Slutty outfits could be turn-offs to more conservative sims and turn-ons to the romance-sim types. And I could finally recreate my "nerd" turn-on. Oh, the possibilities...

Yes, there would be lots of possibilities- and apart from the turn-ons, another advantage of this would be that you could make actual goth or indie clubs and select that only people of this subculture can go there. I would love if no grannies in summer dresses or jocks with sweatpants came into my electro-goth dance clubs because it ruins the atmosphere a bit for me.

Having read so many fan suggestions on these boards I'm aware that fans come up with the best ideas heh I never talk to Maxoids however and I thought they don't take tips from fans for the most part, the maxis chats are all about asking questions I guess eh.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 11:32 PM
Yeah, but what about specialized reactions for types you don't like? And is clothes categories only sexual attraction or social attraction too? And if its social then would turn ons/off be the same way? Blond hair is hot so I won't associate with brunettes unless you force me?

Or thsoe specialized reactions. If one doesn't like nerds and goths then the reaction to each (IRL) is different. they react to nerds by gossipping and to goths by cringing and pointing. If it was one or the other for both it'd look wierd. I dont wnat htem to recognize and like or dislike clothes- itd be a disaster whatever they do.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 4:02 AM
Which is why the only reactions that can exist are limited. One reaction for dislike/turn-off, a different one for like/turn-on, and a different one for neutral/no turn-ons/offs. It would make things simple.

By the way, in case some of you don't already know, in Sims 2 we can already create clothing collections, not just objects. And that has been that way since the base game.
#46 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:56 PM
We could set an aristocratic sim to seek out girls in maid-in-waiting outfits.

You know, you should recommend this somewhere where a Maxoid could see it. Maybe they'll even take it into consideration.

lol; maid-in-waiting outfits remind me of some *cough* maid-related (adult) games *cough* lol... might be just the fact of me being quite a pervert XD but... lol; *sigh* memories

as for the maxoid thing... i don't even know wether they are mere mods or real EA employees who actively participate in the process of creation , but yeah; someone with the original sims game(i don't have it original lol) should post a link to this thread if you think it will affect game creation, but the game is almost complete(will come out this year or next year) so it must be a truly revolutionary idea to be taken in consideration, but it is worth a try
Page 2 of 2