Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#126 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 4:34 PM
Hi Temptress, sorry for not having answered to your previous post...
Are you applying the tutorial package to the "function of plate glass" window as explained in post #90?

If you post here your non-working recolour, I will take a look

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 2:15 AM Last edited by temptress : 14th Feb 2006 at 10:43 PM.
Yes, and succeeded with other windows ( “showcase” and “big entrance” ).I also tried the way described in post # 88 with the same result, the glass of the function of plate glass disappears. Here’s my latest attempt of recolor.
Hope you can fix it.
thanks for your time
Attached files:
File Type: zip  000_fopglass.zip (7.8 KB, 17 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 7:31 PM
with the breezy easy glass is the same thing ... the glass is not there.

please help me... Im going crazy
Attached files:
File Type: zip  000_breezy_easy.zip (7.8 KB, 15 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#129 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 12:59 AM
Temptress, this is driving me crazy, too... No matter what I try, the glass is always white!

I'm trying to understand what's wrong with your windows... I've seen that occasionally some users had the same problems, but I'm not sure why it happens.
May it be a CEP problem? I'll check it.

I hope to come back soon with a solution to the "white glass" problem...

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#130 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 11:16 PM
Hello again ... I have this problem; I want to make this door all glass, but I can’t get rid of the original glass ( the square thingy at the top ) I tried to recolor it but didn’t work ... any idea how to do it ???

please I need help !
Screenshots
Test Subject
#131 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 12:59 AM
i made a nice window but im having problem with upside down pictures
ive attached my window and a screenshot please take a look
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  unicornwindow.zip (65.5 KB, 11 downloads)

Lifes A B**** Then you Marry One Then you Die
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#132 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 9:36 PM
Katies, I can't see well the design in your screenshots...
If all the images are upside down, then you can just rotate your texture by 180°; but if only a part of the decoration looks upside down, that there is nothing you can do: the window is "mapped" that way (i.e. the creator of the glass decided that the decoration had to be partly upside down).

Lab Assistant
#133 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 6:39 AM
Default Another blue object
OK, here's another one for you, Numenor: I'm trying to add some text to the Barely There Glass Door from OFB. I have followed all the steps exactly, as far as I can tell, and I still end up with a blue glass door. I have gone through everything in the "blue objects checklist" to the best of my ability, and I still can't get it to show up.

Would you please take a look at my package? I'm sure you can spot the problem in ten seconds flat! I just don't understand why Maxis made it so difficult to recolor a door.... it should be so simple...
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Tutorial_Glass.zip (20.5 KB, 13 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#134 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 10:29 AM
Zeroth, in your package there are some errors, some caused by you and some caused by SimPE itself...
1) You have forgotten to perform step 7 (pasting the Hash into the "Family" field)
2) You made some mistake while preparing the package for use with the OFB window: you have pasted the suggested name into the wrong field (you used the "modelname" field, instead of the "name" one).
3) The newer versions of SimPE add by mistake the "##0x1c050000!" prefix in front of the "Model" reference in the MMAT.

Fixing the package is longer than re-creating it from scratch. I suggest you to start anew; only, when you come to step 7, delete the 0x1C050000! part from the "modelName" field (the one that ends with "_cres").

Lab Assistant
#135 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 5:30 PM
OK, I have remade the package, being sure to carry out step 7, and being sure to paste the suggested name into the "name" field and not the "modelname" field. There is also no string "##0x1c050000!" in the modelName field (SimPE seems not to have put one there, because I didn't remove it manually).

But the glass is still blue! I don't understand it. If you could check the package again, Numenor, I would be so grateful.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  armanidoor.zip (20.5 KB, 14 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#136 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 1:06 AM
Zeroth, here is the working glass recolour (btw, you should turn the texture upside down, in order to match the odd mapping made by Maxis...).

There was an error in the MMAT: the "name" field, that should hold the exact name of the Material Definition (the one with the hash appended to the end), contained insted the original reference, without the hash).
If you notice, in the tutorial there is no step that instructs you to edit the "name" field of the MMAT: this is because this field is updated automatically when you do the Fix Integrity; but if you don't perform the Fix Integrity exactly as described, or if you rename the Material Definition by hand, then the "name" field in the MMAT is NOT updated correctly.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  armanidoor_fixed.rar (15.9 KB, 19 downloads)

Lab Assistant
#137 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 10:12 PM
Thanks a million, Numenor! Will credit you for your help in the final download.

P.S.: My girlfriend likes your name.
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 12:08 PM
Numenor this tutorial is brilliant! I had no trouble creating a window for the tutorial package itself. However when trying to use a different window all I can get is blue, I have read through these pages for the answer and nothing seems to work, could you have a look at the package for me please?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Tutorial_Glass.rar (3.8 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 12:33 AM
Claireh82, I think that you didn't correctly what is explained in steps 6a and 6b. You changed the name of the TXMT, but the MMAT (that should be automatically updated) still contains the old TXMT name (the entry "name" in the MMAT must be identical to the name of the TXMT, with the ##0x1c050000! prefix and without the _txmt extension).

Anyway, I see that this tutorial is quite outdated. I'm in the process of rewriting the whole Part 1, because now it's way simpler, using the new SimPE. You can replace the entire Part 1 with a simple act: create a clone of my tutorial package and save the clone with a different name; then you can edit the texture contained in the clone at will, following Part 2 (that is still valid).

Field Researcher
#140 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 11:58 AM
Thanks for this tutorial but I have decided that I will keep my dunce's hat on and just download as I am quite incapable of understanding unless the tutorial is step by step with pictures lol. Keep up the great work everyone. cheers
Test Subject
#141 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 5:46 AM
Default am stuck on #4 of this tut
I have the newest SimPE version .62-- I was following this tut-
was able to generate the the hash string as in instruction #4 .
Attempted #5
but my plugins/fix integrity button was gray and I'm unable to go any farther.
I restarted SimPE several times , and it stops in the same place.....
So, did I forget something????
Help I'm stuck
Thank you
ButterflyIII2006
I looked for other posts and didn't find this exact problem --so I hope this is posted in the right place....I know how busy you are , and I am very greatful for all the tuts you have put out -- so please forgive me ahead of time if this is posted in the wrong place.
Test Subject
#142 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 11:48 AM
Great tutorial, thanks for this.

she makes dirty words sound pretty
Test Subject
#143 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 2:03 AM
Hey Numenor,

thanks for this awesome tutorial. It's a great help. But I have a problem - I tried making a window with a colored fading effect, but so far I have only gotten a blue blinking solid window.

I don't know what I did wrong, I even tried making a brand new package but no luck.

I would appreciate it if you could look through my file and tell me what's wrong with it.

Thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  PQSFadedGlassgreen02.rar (18.5 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Page 6 of 6