Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Long Loincloth

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 889 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 67,062 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 8th Jan 2006 at 7:54 AM
Updated: 15th May 2010 at 12:46 AM by CatOfEvilGenius
As per request, here's a long loincloth for SynapticSim. It's for ages child-elder, and can be worn with other accessories. It's made to fit the default nude mesh, so it will probably bleed into any clothes with any substance. The young adult-elder male loincloth is a bit loose on the Maxis body, because I made it to fit the bodybuilder as well, but it's not really noticable or anything.

The animation for this thing isn't that great. If I made it follow the legs, the shape got distorted whenever the sim moved, but if I just let it hang there the legs cut through it constantly. So, to compromise, the front follows the motion of the legs, but the back hangs from the waist. I did it like this because the front would get cut through a lot more, and because the distortions in the back actually messed up the color of the loincloth.

In the screenshots, the loincloth is lighter around the edges. This has been fixed in the uploaded file.

You know, when I finished all my finals, I was excited because I thought I'd have more free time during the break to do this like this. I failed to remember that I'd have to go back to work, and that nine hours of retail work a day are much more draining than 4 hours of school a day. Plus I'm trying some new stuff out in my meshes that, if I could get them to work, will make my work better, but are currently just really time consuming. I did do one thing successfully though - the texture map for this mesh is 512x512 instead of 256x256. Which, considering how simple it it, might be kinda pointless, but now I know how to do it for more complicated meshes, making coloring them easier. So to everyone who's requested anything: I will get to it. It's just taking me a while. And if anyone out there knows how to make accessories alpha-editable and can help me debug my attempts at it, I would be eternally grateful.

And now, the new improved diclaimer: Recolor at will, but do not redistribute the mesh without permission. All recolors should link back to this post. Do not upload to any paysites, and do not upload to the Exchange. I didn't mind people doing that in the past, but when my stuff turns up on the Exchange a link is never provided, so the accessory is useless. Plus I had an issue with theft. And I know they're pretty much nonexistant, but feel free to use any color I include with my meshes in your own creations, as long as credit is given and a link to the mesh is provided. HOWEVER, this doesn't apply to anyone else's recolors of my meshes. Those are the property of the respective creators, and you have to ask them about redistribution. I think that's it.