Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 6:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can't load any saves after deleting scriptcache
Hello MTS-verse!
I have a problem that I have not seen discussed anywhere. Please help!

I've been running my game with a few mods from nraas and recently added a few new ones as well as installing EllaCharmed's routing fixed 'hoods. Everything was running stablely, when I noticed a few mods I'd installed awhile ago (Woohooer and anything other than MasterController) wasn't showing up. Huh. So, I deleted scriptcache.package, as so tips on the site said. Now, NONE of my saves will load (aaaahhhh!) I keep getting the "Sims 3 has encountered a serious problem loading [saved game name] we recommend that you restart this application"! WHAT?!?!
If I replace the scriptcache.package with the one I had recycled, then the saves load with the same missing mod(s) glitch. Why would deleting the cache have this effect on every save? Some are a year old and only required the base game. Everything was running fine....

I don't know what to doooo! Please help!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starrytrek
Hello MTS-verse!
I have a problem that I have not seen discussed anywhere. Please help!

I've been running my game with a few mods from nraas and recently added a few new ones as well as installing EllaCharmed's routing fixed 'hoods. Everything was running stablely, when I noticed a few mods I'd installed awhile ago (Woohooer and anything other than MasterController) wasn't showing up. Huh. So, I deleted scriptcache.package, as so tips on the site said. Now, NONE of my saves will load (aaaahhhh!) I keep getting the "Sims 3 has encountered a serious problem loading [saved game name] we recommend that you restart this application"! WHAT?!?!
If I replace the scriptcache.package with the one I had recycled, then the saves load with the same missing mod(s) glitch. Why would deleting the cache have this effect on every save? Some are a year old and only required the base game. Everything was running fine....

I don't know what to doooo! Please help!

It has happened to me in the past that deleting only the scriptCache file doesn't make the game load my saves. Try deleting all four caches.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 5:45 PM
Thanks nitromon and Sim mania. I seem to have it working again, although I don't know why.

Here's what I did:
First, I rolled back to my last working backup, which was only a few hours old. I tested it and it worked.
Then, I cleared the whole cache and restarted my computer, and the problem returned.
Then, I deleted my Mods>Packages folder, ran the game, and got no error!
Assuming it was a mod conflict, I added my mods back in groups: first, nraas mods (no error), then clothing/makeup (no error!), objects (no error!), and finally, the handful of remaining mods, one by one, clearing my cache with each new addition. NO ERROR!

I'm totally clueless as to what exactly happened here. Could the error have been caused by not clearing my cache with each mod addition?

Here are the mods I've been running (non-nraas) (PS: I was SURE it was going to be the abduction mods causing a conflict):

drake1storm's Adbuction Effect Equalizer

WTFeather's Less/More Frequent Male Pregnancy: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=492913

anak_ponti's Jenesis' All Buyable Fish/Books/Fruits Mods: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=427297

claudiasharon's Buyable and deletable Imaginary Friend Doll: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=459273

& Navatsea's default replacement skins
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starrytrek
Thanks nitromon and Sim mania. I seem to have it working again, although I don't know why....

I use none of those mods but I use an ephemera default and navetsea as non default but a skin shouldn´t cause issues. Sims 3 can be frustrating at times and I´m glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 6:28 PM
Quote:
Could the error have been caused by not clearing my cache with each mod addition

yes, quite possible

WTFeather's Less/More Frequent Male Pregnancy: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=492913 <- you don't need that if you have NRaas Retuner

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 7:51 PM
http://modthesims.info/d/387006
there it is

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"