Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 1:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 Keeps Crashing!!!
Ok so I wiped my computer clean to get rid of viruses and stuff, and I saved my cc and mods. When my computer was clean I installed all my expansion packs and stuff packs. When that was finished I put all my cc and mods back into the game. Once I went into the game it would crash every time and I don't know why. Everything worked fine before I wiped my computer and once I did that nothing seems to work which I don't understand. I took out my cc and mods to see if that was the problem but it would still crash. I also uninstalled my games and then put them back on and it would still crash . Can you guys help me?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I gotta go to dinner, but I'll take a look later if you post your "deviceconfig." It is a text file located in your TS3 user folder (documents\Electr...etc...) Just copy and paste it here, preferably in spoilers tag like this:

In the meantime also, please be more specific about your crash. When did it occur? Right when you load? During the menu? During the game? And what error messages did you get if any.

If the game is crashing right from the start before it loads any screens. Create a shortcut for the file TS3W.EXE, located in your base game directory "program files\electr...." in the "game\bin\" directory. Modify the shortcut and add -w to it the target.

Eg. ".....TS3W.EXE" -w

It started happening when I cleaned my computer and I installed my games. Right after I finished installing the games I went to play and then it crashed. The launcher would load up fine and everything would work great until I get into create a sim or playing with my sims in a house. And when it would crash it wold say the the sims 3 crashed and that windows is trying to find a solution.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
1) Sounds a lot like a DEP problem. Did you update to the latest patch? I don't remember which patch fixed this issue, but it is recommended that you patch your game. If your game is patched to 1.67, then this is not the issue. If you do not wish to patch, you can make an exception in the window DEP manually. I think this is the most likely cause.

2) TS3 generally works well with Win 7, I don't think you need to set any compatibility. However, my game has "run as admin" checked, I don't remember why I did that but perhaps it was because it had crash issues before too. You might want to try that.

3) I noticed you said you put your CC/mods in the game. Did you try the game first without mods/cc? Try a clean run first, so we can isolate the problem whether it is your installation or your user folder. Move your user folder to your desktop and run the game. The game will create a new user folder. Do NOT put anything from your original folder (such as mods, save game, cc, etc..) into the new folder. Play the clean game and make sure everything is working. Also, if it turns out to be your mods, you might also double check you are patched to the same version as your mods.

4) Have you also tried windowed mode? Though unlikely, but certain modes may not work on certain systems.

Yes, my game is updated to the latest patch. I updated it as soon as the games were done installing. I will try the "run as admin" thing and see if that works. Yes, I did try my game without any mods and it still crashed, and I don't think that it would be my mods because iv'e had them before and they didn't cause a problem. And no I haven't tried it in windowed mode. I will try though.
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 8:46 PM
Quote:
I've read somewhere that some people have their "savedsims" folder corrupted. Simply move your whole user folder to desktop and let the game create a new one.

file downloadedsims.index which is placed there when installing sims in sim3pack format (IIRC) is known as troublemaker - accessed literally hundred times* during loading can cause "infinite load" feature (black screen, game "is starting" eternally, need to be killed) or even crashing in some conditions. Deleting this file resolves problem.
Also if such sims were installed (s3p) maybe it won't be useless to check packages in library folder, there might be a mess too.

*while I monitored sims3 startup process when I encountered this particular problem I noticed than game not only open/close this file constantly but also runs searching through windows register file over and over again without any sense. Just like it would be infinite loop. ^^

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"