Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 10:40 PM
How do I recolor accessories?
Or is there an Tut of how to recolor accessories that are not glasses?

I was here!! :3
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 4:54 PM
So this question was quite a little while ago now! but I just wondered if you ever figured it out?I'm new to modding so I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know. - Thanks
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 6:42 PM
A tutorial on recolouring accessories would be kind of redundant, as the steps for doing so are exactly the same as recolouring anything else (like clothing or hair). You export the accessory in Body Shop, make your changes to the texture using a graphics program like Photoshop or The GIMP, and re-import the accessory in Body Shop.

So, really, the best thing to do if you have an accessory that you want to recolour is to have a look at some of the clothing or hair recolouring tutorials. The procedure will be the same for accessory recolouring.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 7:40 PM
Wow I took my time to reply!sorry about that,I just wanted to say thanks for replying
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 7:57 PM
Or are you referring to BV jewels?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Or are you referring to BV jewels?

I don't know if Nevermore is but I would certainly like to find some help in recolouring jewellery

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I don't know if Nevermore is but I would certainly like to find some help in recolouring jewellery

I'm not sure it's that easy. Since the jewellery doesn't show up in Body Shop... I don't know.

I found a couple of links that might be helpful, but it doesn't look like there's an easy way of doing recolours:

Bon Voyage - Jewelry Bin Numbers
Converting Pre-BV Accessories to fit in new BV Accessory Section
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 3:10 PM
Thanks fakepeeps.

I had a bit of a d'oh moment with this. I remembered that the jewellery I wanted to recolour was CC (not Maxis) and I originally DL it classified as 'glasses'. I'd then binned the CC glasses/jewellery as BV jewellery. The solution then is fairly easy - go find the original files, do a recolour with Bodyshop as glasses. Convert the recolour file to BV jewellery once done. Easy and I should have thought of that first (excuse is that I am ill with a cold and therefore not thinking straight).

I did think though that if you did want to recolour a Maxis mesh one possible workaround would be to make a clone of the Maxis file, reclassify as glasses with those codes from your first link, make a recolour with Bodyshop, reconvert to jewellery once you're done. Bit fiddly but I wonder if it would work.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 4:03 PM
That's what I was going to suggest, maxon. If you do the glasses version as a default replacement, then you should be able to make a recolour for that which would also affect the original BV jewel version.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
That's what I was going to suggest, maxon. If you do the glasses version as a default replacement, then you should be able to make a recolour for that which would also affect the original BV jewel version.

Ah nifty - you could then whip out the default replacement but the recolours should still work.