Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 3:49 PM
Tutorial: Add anatomical features to custom "Barbie" female sim skins
If you're under 18, close this page right now and never come back.

And forgive me for the crappy image quality, I had to get them small enough to fit here. x.x

Okay, now that that is out of the way...

Prerequisite:

SimPE
Nvidia DDS Utilities
Photoshop/Paint.NET/GIMP/etc. If anybody asks "MS Paint?", I will be severely disappointed in them. (No layer function. We need layers for this tutorial.) I use Paint.NET, because it's free and I don't have Linux.
If you're using Paint.NET, you're going to need the PSD plugin to open Photoshop files.

For this tutorial:

HystericalParoxsym's Idolatry Skinset for Sims 2 defaults (So I won't be using the non-defaulted pale one. But you can, if you only wish to practice.)
HystericalParoxsym's separate nipple and pube file

Okay before you do anything:

Open the nipple file in your image editor. There are three layers: Right nipple, copy of right nipple (left nipple) and finally, pubes. So delete the pubes layer and merge the right nipple layer with the "right nipple copy" layer. Select All>Copy>New>Paste the nippe set in the new image. Close the ORIGINAL three layered psd WITHOUT saving. Save the second NEW layer.

Then:

And now, we begin for real:

And that's it! After you have replaced all the images for your last file, put all your newly edited skins.package files into your downloads folder and enjoy!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 11:16 PM
Hi there, love the tutorial. I don't understand it all just yet but after reading it a few more times, I hope to catch on. I was wondering, is there anyway to give them hairy arm pits. I mean like really super hippii hairy armpits? It would be great for a story I want to write.
Thanks,
Tasia.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 2:01 PM Last edited by ijustneedsomeeyes : 21st Oct 2013 at 2:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tasia714
Hi there, love the tutorial. I don't understand it all just yet but after reading it a few more times, I hope to catch on. I was wondering, is there anyway to give them hairy arm pits. I mean like really super hippii hairy armpits? It would be great for a story I want to write.
Thanks,
Tasia.

1) If there is something you don't understand, please clarify your issues in the tutorial, so that not only can I help, but if other people have the same problem then they can see the answers too. And so I can update the tutorial, so you can love it even more! :D

2) Hmm....hairy pits might be tricky. Looking at the skin textures, I'm guessing that the textures for pits are either: a) a stretched version for a small map of skin, b) mapped somewhere in a location that I don't know yet and possibly mapped in a troublesome location, such as "right on top of a non-pubic area". If armpits are not another victim of terrible Eaxis UV mapping, it can be done. If it is a victim of bad UV mapping, I'm afraid that is beyond my current abilities. (You'll need to remap the textures with Milkshape or something, if that is the case. I'm still learning Milkshape too.)

But I'm glad you asked the right questions, I'll be updating my tutorial once I find out the answer to the pit question.

EDIT: You can try putting the hairs on the top corners of the inner sides of the arms (if you're not sure, just extract a test texture and spray one top side of the arm with red and the other with blue, then make a test copy of the skin's package file, import your test texture into into the test package, put the updated test package in game and look in bodyshop/Any Game Starter/etc. so you know where you need to put the hairs) to see if there is a noticeable difference in game. If not, it's mapped somewhere else.

When noregen hacks are not enough...you know what you must do. (RIP Mootilda , pay your respects in the thread and in her guestbook.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 6:16 PM
UV maps for existing Maxis meshes are available here, if you need something for the placement of armpit hair.

The way arms are mapped, if the Sim is holding their arms straight out to the sides, there will be a seam at the front and back... which means that the top of the arm is one piece and the bottom of the arm is another (for mapping purposes). On the UV map, then, you'd want to put hair on the set of arms that are on the left of the map, which corresponds to the underside of the arm. You'll probably also need to add a bit of hair at the corners of the torso maps, just so that you don't get a sharp line where the hair stops.

Even so, I'm not sure it'll look like actual armpit hair or if it'll just look like someone took a ballpoint pen to the Sim's armpit!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
UV maps for existing Maxis meshes are available here, if you need something for the placement of armpit hair.

The way arms are mapped, if the Sim is holding their arms straight out to the sides, there will be a seam at the front and back... which means that the top of the arm is one piece and the bottom of the arm is another (for mapping purposes). On the UV map, then, you'd want to put hair on the set of arms that are on the left of the map, which corresponds to the underside of the arm. You'll probably also need to add a bit of hair at the corners of the torso maps, just so that you don't get a sharp line where the hair stops.

Even so, I'm not sure it'll look like actual armpit hair or if it'll just look like someone took a ballpoint pen to the Sim's armpit!

Yay, ty! And yes, one could not draw a piece of 3D anatomy onto skin. You'd need to make a pubic hair mesh in Milkshape for that.

When noregen hacks are not enough...you know what you must do. (RIP Mootilda , pay your respects in the thread and in her guestbook.)