Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 3:44 AM
Blocky Defaulted Hair
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I tried to create a hair retexture by using SimPE, but the hair turned out blocky when I finished. These are the steps I took:

Step 1: First, I looked for 'afhairmessy-black' and then I extracted the TXTR. I got a 6TX and an XML file.

Step 2: I created a new package and imported the 6TX and XML files into it. I got 2 TXTRs once I put them into the resource lists.

Step 3: I replaced the textures with a 512x512 hair texture (Pooklet) for both the XT6 and XML.

I opened up Body Shop and this is what I saw:

I am new to modding and read many tutorials. Specifically, this one for this project: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=8328.0
Any help for solving this issue would be greatly appreciated. I'll add more details if needed.

The Sims Forever
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 6:59 AM
TXTR files need to be in PNG format so that they retain their transparency. Otherwise, the hair loses all its details and looks blocky.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
TXTR files need to be in PNG format so that they retain their transparency. Otherwise, the hair loses all its details and looks blocky.

Thank you so much! It finally worked!

The Sims Forever