Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 1:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default sims runs really slow
my sims runs very slow my comp meets all the requirements for the system
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 1:52 AM
Would you mind posting your specs?

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus
Would you mind posting your specs?

my specs meet the minimum requirements

so thats not the issue. is there a mod i can download to help?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:53 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

• Sims 3 - Freezes and Lags
    If you encounter any freezes or lags in gameplay, try the suggestions in Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki.
    If issue persists, please provide the answers to the questionnaire when you post in the Help forum.

Just "meet the minimum requirements" doesn't cut it anymore. Not if you have all EPs and are patched.
What have you tried, what steps? What guides have you followed? If not, the Freeze & Lag Intermittent Freezes FAQ (linked above) would get you started...

Thread moved...
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tataylor
my specs meet the minimum requirements

so thats not the issue. is there a mod i can download to help?

There's a reason they're called the minimum requirements not the "your computer will run this lightning fast" requirements. Have you tried dialing back the graphics options a bit? You might also want to see if Ellacharmed's fixed world for the world you're trying to use runs better.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:00 AM
Welcome to The Sims 3, quite possibly the most unoptimized game ever. Honestly even if you meet the requirements you should consider seriously upgrading your CPU and such if you're going to be spending any significant amount of time with this game.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:07 AM
Indeed, EA's "minimum requirements" are not "these are the minimum requirements to run the game playably well" but just "these are the minimum requirements to physically start the game - it may be completely unplayably poor at minimum specs."

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:12 AM
i found this The Sims 3 Graphics Performance Guide interesting and useful for finding out which settings are worth keeping higher and which not. but if you only meet minimum requirement i have to agree with the others that playing the game will definitely become/stay laggy and graphic + gameplay settings should be low in general. (especially if your neighbourhood grows / relationships get established... data needs to be saved for growing saves )

there is also this guide: Game Help:Improving Sims 3 Performance
also i made good experiences with error trap and overwatch from nraas helping my game to run "better" BUT i dont think that it speeds the game up (i would say it felt like it slows it down even further)

also: having store items, expansion + stuff packs slows the game down. if you additionally use other CC then it make performance worse of course. thats why more experienced players went on and started merging their CC (packages only!) with s3pe or cc magic . Base Game - CC Magic VS Merging packages via S3pe
tutorials for merging with S3PE Tutorial - Combining Packages to Ease Lag and Load Time
tutorial for combining with cc magic: Getting Started with CC Magic

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>