Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 2:34 AM
Default Sims Salaries
I was wondering how much the typical per hour pay rate everyone's sims have. I've noticed they vary among my sims, probably because of the different raises and different careers in general. One of my sims is a level 6 Art Appraiser and she makes 95 simoleons per hour which is a considerable amount less than my business 4 sim, not to mention my world renowned surgeon that makes 967 simoleons per hour.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 8:25 AM
They should be all over the map depending on whether they graduated Uni before entering their current career, their GPA, whether they followed through with a career that matched their major, and how many raises they've received along the way. Some of the careers don't get very lucrative until the highest levels, Art Appraiser is like that. Also, the hourly rate isn't as important as the expected weekly take-home pay because even at the top levels a very high hourly wage doesn't do a sim much good if they are only scheduled to work a small number of hours per week.

Both the Sims Wiki and Carl's Guide offer comprehensive information about each career including the differences for those that have branches. According to the wiki, your sim is right around where they should be at Level 6 in that one.

The reason the medical career pays so well is that your sim is always on call (with a pager), has "homework" to do after every shift (read the medical journals), and often can't step outside of the house on their own time without someone getting sick all over the place and essentially expecting your good doctor to help them out.