Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#101 Old 13th May 2011 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gohan2091
My save games aren't being shown unless I select "view all files". I cannot save the save game file in the correct format that the game now uses. If I overwrite my existing save game within this application, it says the save file may break because it's already open. I ignore this message and save, but find out that changes to the save game file have not been made.

Like you have found out it can handle the new format but only by choosing "view all files" and open the *.nhd file.

Game it self can still load the old file format (*.sims3) so no need to change what format the program wanto save in and always choose "save as" not just save, although be prepared that loading a save in the old format can be horrible slow as it's not very good compressed.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 30th May 2011 at 5:13 PM
I was able to load the save game and edit it but the changes don't see to be 'taking'. My sim's appearance got all corrupted - first her avatar went blank, then she was invisible except for her clothes. I tried getting her to change her clothes to see if that would fix it but it didn't (and the clothes displayed didn't change) so I tried to get her a tattoo but that didn't happen either. She sat in the chair and I got the tattoo box to come up but it wouldn't let me select any tattoos (when selected they immediately deselected). She's now black/grey with vertices in all the wrong places.

So I found this program in the hopes that it would fix my sim - I opened up the save file and saw that her skintone's were all set to 0 and her flags where blank (where it should say Young Adult | Human | Female) it also said she was dressed inappropriately and in her swimwear?! So I fixed the flags, skintones, and visible outfit and saved the file but when I load the game back up she's still in swimwear, she's still broken and without age/gender. I also removed the interaction she was performing in the save file and that hasn't 'taken' either. I was able to change her celebrity level though - from 4 to 5.

I tried saving as a new game and loading that up to see if the changes were there and they were but when I try to edit the sim in CAS, all part of all ages are available to her and the 'basics' tab isn't there (I checked and it was there for my other sim) so its still not recognising her age and gender... what can I do?
Field Researcher
#103 Old 30th May 2011 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NJSim
I was able to load the save game and edit it but the changes don't see to be 'taking'. My sim's appearance got all corrupted - first her avatar went blank, then she was invisible except for her clothes. I tried getting her to change her clothes to see if that would fix it but it didn't (and the clothes displayed didn't change) so I tried to get her a tattoo but that didn't happen either. She sat in the chair and I got the tattoo box to come up but it wouldn't let me select any tattoos (when selected they immediately deselected). She's now black/grey with vertices in all the wrong places.

So I found this program in the hopes that it would fix my sim - I opened up the save file and saw that her skintone's were all set to 0 and her flags where blank (where it should say Young Adult | Human | Female) it also said she was dressed inappropriately and in her swimwear?! So I fixed the flags, skintones, and visible outfit and saved the file but when I load the game back up she's still in swimwear, she's still broken and without age/gender. I also removed the interaction she was performing in the save file and that hasn't 'taken' either. I was able to change her celebrity level though - from 4 to 5.

I tried saving as a new game and loading that up to see if the changes were there and they were but when I try to edit the sim in CAS, all part of all ages are available to her and the 'basics' tab isn't there (I checked and it was there for my other sim) so its still not recognising her age and gender... what can I do?

The program isn't updated. TigerM has not logged in, in a looong time.
Test Subject
#104 Old 30th May 2011 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Odistant
The program isn't updated. TigerM has not logged in, in a looong time.

Yeah, I got that - but it still seems to work (even with the new generations stuff) - just wondering if anyone else using it had any ideas
Test Subject
#105 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NJSim
Yeah, I got that - but it still seems to work (even with the new generations stuff) - just wondering if anyone else using it had any ideas

It's still work with pets, but not all feature worked.

So far can use:
- Modified Lifetime Wish Point (sims or pets)

(Why tiger leave this great tool not updated) in my mind :D
Eminence Grise
#106 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 2:15 AM
Because he left the Sims community years ago :p
Test Subject
#107 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 10:28 PM
i've got a simple question:

i installed the editor->loaded it->"file"->"open for edit"-> .../Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3/Saves/Save1.sims3/empty-nothing to open

what did i do wrong?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#108 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 11:53 PM
BTW, in case the news hasn't got around yet, Tiger has recently been contacted and has sent all his source code over as a gift to the community. Anyone can now get hold of it and update the tools.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Eminence Grise
#109 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 2:54 AM
That is good news, thanks for the update
Forum Resident
#110 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 9:22 AM
The editor also shows all the showtime stuff too. So may not be too hard too update it.
Forum Resident
#111 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
The editor also shows all the showtime stuff too. So may not be too hard too update it.

Yes, it can show stuff from Showtime and proberly any future expasion, which is mainly because of EA haven't really changed how savegame files are made, just that they're splitted up now.
Which is this programs major issue now, some things can be edited, while some can't.
So updating it will most likely need a complete remake of it.
Test Subject
#112 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 12:32 AM
this is going to need an update soon, since when i tried to use it with supernatural, it causes the game to freeze in create-a-sim. I know we've been given permission to work on it, but someone needs to make an update.
Eminence Grise
#113 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jesse_n
this is going to need an update soon, since when i tried to use it with supernatural, it causes the game to freeze in create-a-sim. I know we've been given permission to work on it, but someone needs to make an update.

Feel free to do so
Test Subject
#114 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 5:25 PM
this tool still working until the last patch. I use it to complete many skill challenge. but saving it will corrupt your savegame.

to fix this, after you save your change with this tool, you must load the game and copy your sim to the library then back to main menu, start a new fresh game and put back your sim there.

your edit will be done with a cost of 1 save game... lol
Test Subject
#115 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 12:06 AM
i've no skill with this stuff so people other than me will have to update this.
Eminence Grise
#116 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 5:02 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 9th Nov 2012 at 5:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jesse_n
i've no skill with this stuff so people other than me will have to update this.

... or not

My point was just that nobody HAS to update it. It's been more or less out of date for years, literally. It'll get updated if and when somebody with the knowledge and desire happens to come along, and happens to pick this over all the other projects they could be doing. In the case of a tool like this, there is only a handful of such people, and there are a LOT of other projects it would have to compete with for their attention.

You seem to think there's some kind of agency with the responsibility to keep tools updated. Nope
Test Subject
#117 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 4:03 AM
Default Alternative?
Hopefully I'm not out of line asking this. I rarely use forums.

The above tool doesn't seem to work for modern versions. Can someone suggest an up to date alternative method for adding custom paintings to our Sims 3 games? EA seems to hate the idea of us having pretty pictures.
Eminence Grise
#118 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 3:01 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 15th Jan 2013 at 3:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Wurfer
Hopefully I'm not out of line asking this. I rarely use forums.

The above tool doesn't seem to work for modern versions. Can someone suggest an up to date alternative method for adding custom paintings to our Sims 3 games? EA seems to hate the idea of us having pretty pictures.

It's easy to add custom paintings to the catalog. There are a few relevant tutorials; I'd recommend OrangeMittens's: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...e_Object_Images .

There are also several mods that will replace the default paintings that sims paint; I think the most comprehensive mod of this type is here, and there's also help for doing your own: http://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot...inting-mod.html

Tiger's tool required you to begin painting, and then you could use the tool outside of the game to change the painting in progress, so either of the above (depending on which you want to do) is probably actually a superior solution.

And welcome to MTS
Test Subject
#119 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 9:51 AM
well, it looks like this tool's advance function completely messes up the save, and your not going to be able to copy your sim back to the library after editing him.
Field Researcher
#120 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
BTW, in case the news hasn't got around yet, Tiger has recently been contacted and has sent all his source code over as a gift to the community. Anyone can now get hold of it and update the tools.

Sorry to resurrect this otherwise dead thread, but I was wondering where the code might be found. I doubt I have the skill to update any of it, but I wanted to take a look anyway, since I just finished a programming class.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Field Researcher
#121 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chicken0895
Sorry to resurrect this otherwise dead thread, but I was wondering where the code might be found. I doubt I have the skill to update any of it, but I wanted to take a look anyway, since I just finished a programming class.

I'm also interested.

I have quite some programming experience with .Net, and would happily check out the code... and hopefully update the tools.
Page 5 of 5