Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:38 AM
Default EA won
No idea where this thread should go; it's not really on but it's not off either. Maybe it should be moved to the blooper section.

Anyway ...

EA was voted "worst company" in America
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:46 AM
I'm so happy for EA, they totally deserved it! :D

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 3:10 AM
go brilliant people!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 3:18 AM
Yeah, I posted it earlier. Didn't know where to put it either...

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...669#post3824669

Congrats EA...you beat out some real dirt bags to win this!

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 3:38 AM
""We're sure that bank presidents, oil, tobacco and weapons companies are all relieved they weren't on the list this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide," said John Reseburg in EA Corporate Communications."

What a dick wad.

Yes, please do continue to make games that are released prematurely so that players world wide can vote for your greedy asses again next year because you'd rather make a buck than a quality product.

Any company would take that as a sign that they need to take another look at the game plan. Sounds as if they are just gonna blow it off and continue their search for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...once they move the Unicorn out of the way!
Instructor
#6 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
""We're sure that bank presidents, oil, tobacco and weapons companies are all relieved they weren't on the list this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide," said John Reseburg in EA Corporate Communications."

What a dick wad.

Yes, please do continue to make games that are released prematurely so that players world wide can vote for your greedy asses again next year because you'd rather make a buck than a quality product.

Any company would take that as a sign that they need to take another look at the game plan. Sounds as if they are just gonna blow it off and continue their search for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...once they move the Unicorn out of the way!

O_O

PLEASE tell me that isn't a real quote.

PLEASE.

EDIT: Derp, 'twas in the article. Honestly, that is just too stupid. It doesn't matter if 300 million people are using your services; if a significant enough amount vote you WORST COMPANY IN AMERICA, something is wrong.

Not to mention that this forum proves that just because people are buying and using the games don't mean they're fully (if at all) satisfied--I mean, look at the Inheritance book series, and how the fourth one got such great sales on opening day... and yet, a lot of those people were those who hate it. Same principle here: sales do not equate consumer love.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 4:49 AM
I have to agree that BoA is a bit more evil, just because they really can ruin people's lives (as quoted in the last paragraph).. BUT, EA definitely deserves the votes and I'm not at all surprised by this ranking. Unfortunately, I'm also not surprised that they don't seem to care..

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
#8 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 4:56 AM
I honestly think "nickel and diming" is a far less serious offense than bringing down international economies. Is it annoying? Is it terrible business? Of course. But it's also like naming a thief the worst criminal when there are so many worse crimes.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 5:34 AM
There are laws regarding the kinds of things BoA and other banks have done to consumers. So if you have complaints, take them up with your representatives. Oh wait... in that situation, the problem isn't just the banks, it's also the politicians who accept their campaign contributions, allow them to screw us over, and then bail them out with OUR money. Do NOT get me started on banks!

My point though is that banks aren't evil in and among themselves. They need political help to reach truly evil status...

Meanwhile, with EA, there's no consumer organization to appeal to. Politicians couldn't care less if we get screwed by some game company; so the laws and courts offer no protection. There's nothing for us to do but withhold our money. Of course, we're addicted like crack hos to the game, so.. yeah. We keep on giving them money, regardless.

EA is evil all on their own selling buggy products they often don't bother to fix. Why should they? The modding community will fix it (and probably better than EA ever could). Overcharging for additional content that either doesn't work or breaks something else when it's installed.

Seriously... if you bought a car which didn't start half the time and broke down the rest, would the government do something about that? Damned straight they would. But selling a computer game that doesn't work? DC will tell you to cry me a river... After all, it's just a GAME, for crying out loud! It's not like it'll ruin anyone's life!

That's how they not only keep getting away with their crap, but why it's getting worse.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 6:05 AM
It seems that James Brightman ain't all that bright.

"EA may not be liked by some, but it's worth noting that the company has been very progressive in its support of LGBT content, offering players of its BioWare games like Mass Effect and Star Wars: The Old Republic the option to engage in same-sex relationships."

Same gender is in Mass Effect 3 (and Dragonage 2), but was not even on the BioWare radar for SWTOR as of August 2011, was actually banned as a topic of discussion on BioWare forums in the years the game was in developement, was given a very lame acknowledgment in September 2011, and BioWare has intentionally been entirely silent on the subject ever since, and has done absolutely no work to bring it into the game.

James Brightman, if you are going to write for a video gaming web site, you might try pulling your ignorant head out of your fat ass first.

Meanwhile, this award could not possibly have been given to a more deserving company.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
There are laws regarding the kinds of things BoA and other banks have done to consumers. So if you have complaints, take them up with your representatives. Oh wait... in that situation, the problem isn't just the banks, it's also the politicians who accept their campaign contributions, allow them to screw us over, and then bail them out with OUR money. Do NOT get me started on banks!

Let's not forget about the greedy morons who thought they could buy a McMansion with no money down and pay for it with their lower class incomes.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Alchemist
#12 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 6:16 AM
CONGRATS EA! *cheers*

Seriously though, maybe this sort of thing will inspire them to change. I'm betting they were surprised to have won, considering how clueless they always seem to be. Getting voted the worst company in America is pretty bad publicity. Surely they'll have to do more than whine.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 8:21 AM
*gets out six-pack, pint glasses and crushed ice*

Who's up for a round to good ol' EA games?!

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Inventor
#14 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 8:55 AM
They are running so fast that they are tripping over their own feet.

It's a shame because (this is going to sound juvenile) when I was little, I always dreamed of a game like Sims. The closest I found as a kid was "hide and seek" for nintendo? lol

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Field Researcher
#15 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 9:13 AM
I knew they could do it if they tried hard enough!

They are so stupid that they don't realise if we had good quality EPs they might not win titles like these. Idiots.

My Simblr: Here
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 9:39 AM
Somehow, I feel it should have been Zynga. Their CEO even openly admitted to unethical tactics/practices.
Instructor
#17 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 9:47 AM
i think simmers actually voted for them i didn't vote but i'm glad they won..
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#18 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
CONGRATS EA! *cheers*

Seriously though, maybe this sort of thing will inspire them to change. I'm betting they were surprised to have won, considering how clueless they always seem to be. Getting voted the worst company in America is pretty bad publicity. Surely they'll have to do more than whine.
Sadly, as long as people keep buying their products, they probably won't change. As long as the money keeps rolling in, that seems to be all EA cares about anymore. Case in point, the new Katy Perry CrapPack. I was told I wasn't a "true simmer" because I said I didn't like it and said I wouldn't buy it. It is people like that that EA is after, because they know that some people will buy whatever they put out.
Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PoisonFrog
Yeah, I posted it earlier. Didn't know where to put it either...

My apologies. I did not follow the thread close enough - I despaired of the Sims future a while ago.

As for BoA & Co., I liked Kanjin's answer from the Eurogamer discussion: "Everyone expects the companies in charge of money, weapons and oil to be complete cunts. It's jarring when the people in charge of entertainment are douchebags as well, especially to their customers." - After all, they are supposed to take us away from our woes, at least for a moment, not to add to them.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
My apologies. I did not follow the thread close enough - I despaired of the Sims future a while ago.

As for BoA & Co., I liked Kanjin's answer from the Eurogamer discussion: "Everyone expects the companies in charge of money, weapons and oil to be complete cunts. It's jarring when the people in charge of entertainment are douchebags as well, especially to their customers." - After all, they are supposed to take us away from our woes, at least for a moment, not to add to them.

That's okay..I couldn't expect you to see it tucked away in another thread like it was. I'm just glad EA is finally being outed as the corporate carnivores they are...

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Theorist
#21 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 1:07 PM
Quote:
EA may not be liked by some, but it's worth noting that the company has been very progressive in its support of LGBT content, offering players of its BioWare games like Mass Effect and Star Wars: The Old Republic the option to engage in same-sex relationships.

Really? That's your Final Paragraph? The only redeeming feature of EA is them enabling a box for both genders to be flirtable and have relationships with? That's not the company, that's the game designers. Sure, they may have been defending their decision, that makes them respectable to a degree - showing someone high up knows what's right - but I wouldn't stick that on the end as a little redeeming post-it. Something like "Yeah, EA may be bad but they have like totally made some good games in their time and just like screw up every so often lol let's hope this makes them less twits and we know that they've listened because the spokesperson was all passive-agressive-defensive kk"

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Forum Resident
#22 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:01 PM
EA sent me one of their TOS violations for having the audacity to say what is on my mind.. It is all good. Honest discourse is not what EA is looking for there. I do understand when I post, I will keep that in mind..

Yes, Ea proving customer service is at the bottom of their list of things not to improve...

The email with my post in the body....

Hello

Your Electronic Arts account has been issued a warning for violating the terms of service for Electronic Arts Online. This is your (1st warning) hidden post for TOS violations. Further violations of the terms of service could lead to additional action, including suspension of services.

Violation:

Subject: Reinforcing the Reputation much, EA?
Well here is my 2 cents..

EA the votes are in.. You can ignore them.. Or you can do right..

Ignoring them is not wise.. Bottom line and all that will eventually get you..

Or doing right.. Pays off in the long run..

Think about this EA You beat out a bank that is the worse one in America. Came close to wrecking the economy. Been known to screw its own customers with out apologies..

$5.00 Fees on your debit cards any one?
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
Let's not forget about the greedy morons who thought they could buy a McMansion with no money down and pay for it with their lower class incomes.

Or the greedy morons who think they can hide much of their income overseas and not pay taxes. Or the rich folks who make up most of the housing defaults who don't want to lose money with after the bubble..interesting, but most defaults are on huge expensive houses.

And we must not forget the poor folks who lost their homes due to rising medical costs from for-profit insurance companies.

The world is full of greedy people, huh?

Wow..wish we could just leave American politics off the forums. It is so divisive and if you were a person affected by some bad stuff lately, it could hurt to read this. I come here to read about a game, not to listen to political party talking points..regardless of the party. Don't we have a forum for this sort of stuff here? Especially since I don't like to see us airing our dirty laundry for our European and Asian (and others) friends.

As for EA, until they have real competition..and they seem to own all their former competition, they have no incentive to change their customer service attitudes.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
...they have no incentive to change their customer service attitudes.

I totally agree with everything you said here, I just wanted to say that I think it's sad that they need an incentive to provide a good experience, not to "customers" but to the real live people they're talking to on the phone, or even deeper to the real live people building up anticipation to buy something you're designing for their entertainment.

I'm a ballet dancer, and when I'm rehearsing and getting ready for a performance, I'm doing it so that I can give every member of the audience, who each buy their ticket and get excited, the best possible show that I can. I want to be able to take pride in myself for creating that experience for other people. Should that really be a hard thing to do?
Instructor
#25 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
It seems that James Brightman ain't all that bright.

"EA may not be liked by some, but it's worth noting that the company has been very progressive in its support of LGBT content, offering players of its BioWare games like Mass Effect and Star Wars: The Old Republic the option to engage in same-sex relationships."

Same gender is in Mass Effect 3 (and Dragonage 2), but was not even on the BioWare radar for SWTOR as of August 2011, was actually banned as a topic of discussion on BioWare forums in the years the game was in developement, was given a very lame acknowledgment in September 2011, and BioWare has intentionally been entirely silent on the subject ever since, and has done absolutely no work to bring it into the game.

James Brightman, if you are going to write for a video gaming web site, you might try pulling your ignorant head out of your fat ass first.

Meanwhile, this award could not possibly have been given to a more deserving company.

Whaaaaat. In what way does having games that allow same-sex pairings make a company overall good?

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Page 1 of 3