Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 9:31 PM
Default Life stories - TS2... Pets = Pets... a castaway EP?
Well, as we've seen they're releasing a Life Stories, Pets Stories and Castaway stories. Since Life Stories is like the Sims 2, and Pets I'll bet is like Pets, do you think that they might be coming up with something similar to Castaway for TS2? Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if there was s tuff pack that gives your sims the sort of island furniture you'd expect, such as walls, tables, chairs and the like made from thin branches. Curtains could be palm leaves... I think that there's definetly room for the idea to flourish.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 9:38 PM
Castaway is definetly next up for TS2, they have basically let us know that Vacation is coming up. I'd be surprised it that weren't true. I'm buying my brother Life Stories & Castaway for his laptop because he bought me Pets & GLSP. I don't see them releasing stuff packs for the Life Stories series, but you never know.
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 11:46 PM
Maxis makes its EPs in a pattern, now. Old idea in the Fall and new idea in the spring. I would bet this next one is a Vacation EP, but not just like Castaway, just a basic vacation.

PS: All of the Life Stories Games are base games. There are no EPs. Don't get your hopes up for Stuff Packs or EPs. It says it here: http://thesimsstories.ea.com/about_castaway.html

Quote:
EACH GAME IN THE SIMS STORIES PRODUCT LINE IS A STANDALONE PRODUCT AND DOES NOT SUPPORT EXPANSION PACKS OR STUFF PACKS FROM THE SIMS OR THE SIMS 2 GAME COLLECTIONS.

I know, its disappointing.
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bambibaby
Castaway is definetly next up for TS2, they have basically let us know that Vacation is coming up.

When did they mention this?
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamsterball
When did they mention this?

They never did. Its a good guess, though. I mean, they're making a Pets Stories which will be pretty much like Pets, as is Life Stories being much like TS2 and Nightlife. Same gameplay, objects, etc. It sounds like the next EP will be a vacation.
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 11:59 PM
Yay! I loved Vacation.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 6:25 AM
Now if Maxis were smart, which I am not saying they are not. They would make Seasons the Vaction pack. All they need to do is add in the objects that came with the pack, hotels and apartments are very much needed as offical systems. And then that is all you need to do. You could basically have vactions now, so I really do not see what's the point in having a fun vacation pack as Seasons is mostly like that anyways. Remember, after Seasons, we have 2 more expansion packs to go before The Sims 2 ends it's lifespan.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 2:44 PM
Mmm... Maybe Seasons could have a "Subhood" like Uni and NL. This one can be to go on vacations. Just an idea that came to my head...

Edit: Or several subhoods, like a beach, a mountain hotel or something...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 2:55 PM
Castaway is coming out in winter of 2008, pretty late. If it is going to be based on one of the expansion packs of Sims2, then I believe that a possible vacation expansion for sims2 will be out early next year at the earliest.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakAboutSims
They would make Seasons the Vaction pack.

I don't think so... season would not have enough options for it... for example
When on vacation you're sims should be getting older, that does not happen on community lots and sims are still not able to go a private lot... So, they would have to add a 3th kind of lot called a 'vacation' lot (or something..., like you have a public and a private lot)

Quote: Originally posted by FreakAboutSims
Remember, after Seasons, we have 2 more expansion packs to go before The Sims 2 ends it's lifespan.

Really? There are still 3 more sims1 ep to convert... (vacation, superstar, makin' magic). So now is seasons, then most likely vacation, next is ??? (probably a complete new idea) and after that? Nothing, only sims3? That would mean maxis would not try to make money with those 2 other EP? Knowing EA Games I don't thinks so, however...

maxis said (at the beginning of sim2 base game): "...we'll bring out 8 expansion packs (EP), 1 every 6 months".

- Considering a stuff pack (SP) is NOT a ep, this gives 5 EP (uni, nl, ofb, pets, seasons), and After seasons 3 more EP

- If you DO count a sp (FF, Glam, holiday) an ep than the total would already be 8 and there would be nothing after seasons... (remember we only have official news about stories and seasons)

I still want a superstar EP (or at least all of it's objects)... Wonder what maxis will do now...
Theorist
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 10:54 PM
As much as I would love to have a Superstar remake over a vacation or magic one, I agree that Castaway Stories is hinting at a Vacation remake for the main series. I just don't know how much a Vacation remake would really add aside from staying at hotels and maybe having a summer home. Not to mention that the infamous pool slide came back a little early, lol.

I could have sworn I read on Gamespot that there will only be 7 expansions for The Sims 2, not 8. Maxis could break that promise like they did regarding pets for The Sims 2 however. If I remember correctly Maxis said pets wasn't going to be the main focus of an expansion. Also, it might just be that we're only at 4 out of most likely 7 expansions but 7 expansions sounds too soon to end The Sims 2.
#12 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 5:00 AM
Seasons does remind me a lot of TS1 vacation because of summer and winter, but it isn't a vacation EP. Your sims have to go somewhere and stay there to relax. I think there vacation remake will be a lot different from TS1 vacation, and I'm hoping that you can go visit other neighborhoods.

I'm pretty sure they'll add a bunch of items from Castaway to make the EP so you can have beach resorts, but I'm still guessing if they'll add generic hotel items, camping themes, etc. or not. I don't know, but signs point to EP6 being a vacation EP.

PS: Maxis may create 8 EPs, but their pattern, being old idea in fall and new in spring, will probably resort to only two EP remakes and we can only guess what the two are going to be. For EP7, who knows.
#13 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 8:15 AM
I wont be getting Life Stories, doesent interest me.... But i am interested i getting seasons and hopefully they will bring out a vacation ep for The Sims 2!
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 12:42 AM
I'd love a vacation ep, but instead of such things as the summit and the beach, categorized as climate or terrain, it can be categorized as what the location is meant for. Such as one for entertainment and gambling, like Las Vegas, and activity/amusement park kind of place, and a recreational place, for such things as the beach, or places where you can relax. Although I wonder what a good name would be.

CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 1:39 AM
I agree with you. I need we really do not need the beach retreat and stuff as we have seasons for all of that stuff. And haven't you noticed that most expansions are starting to connect.

The Sims 2 Pets = Unleashed
The Sims 2 Seasons = Unleashed (with the gardening and spring activities)
The Sims 2 Seasons = Vacation (due to the seasons)
The Sims 2 Vacation = Vacation
Field Researcher
#16 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 11:53 AM
I think they can put Vacation and Superstar in one expansion. Superstars need holiday homes!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 9:59 PM
Well how about Makin' Magic, there are still tons of people who want that. I don't know of anyone here, but at the BBS, it's fulled with Magiheads. I say, just go ahead and make 8 expansions, and combin Makin' Magic and Superstar. Take out any creatures, and replace them with Magic. So your sims could be a Magic Superstar.

In that leaves Vacation as it's own pack, and one original expansion.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lauren
I think they can put Vacation and Superstar in one expansion. Superstars need holiday homes!

Agreed! Then it could be something like... sims who get famous (with superstar) can get 'exclusive items', like 'security guards'... or exclusive vacations (for example a exclusive vacationtrip too 'I-do not-know-where' with other stars, or just go to their 'holiday home' with other stars...

But They could also include 'makin magic'... with a magical vacations or superstars with magical powers (or both... )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarkySharky6
PS: All of the Life Stories Games are base games. There are no EPs. Don't get your hopes up for Stuff Packs or EPs. It says it here: http://thesimsstories.ea.com/about_castaway.html

I know, its disappointing.

That doesn't mean that there's be no EPs or SPs for Life Stories, it just says it won't play TS2 or TS1 ones.