Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 3:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim won't skate?
I recently placed a skate rink in my 'hood and when I went to instruct the sim to skate, I got an error saying "Too many interactions." I've had this issue before but with an apartment lot not a Maxis object. Here is a picture of the issue:
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 5:07 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 6:18 PM
I did what that Faq told me to do. I deleted my cache files to see if it would work and it does but now the sim won't skate at all. The sim just keeps getting glitched off the rink and stands there. I'm using a Maxis rink but the smaller rink was cloned so it could be recolored. (And I patched my game as well.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 6:29 PM
So what about the rest of the FAQ?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 6:55 PM
I didn't do any other steps except Step 7 and 9. It doesn't make sense why I would remove my downloads folder because I'm dealing with a clone of a Maxis object. The skating rink I'm using is not custom content, just a clone of the smaller Maxis rink.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 7:12 PM
Removing your custom content and seeing if you get this issue with a standard rink would tell us a great deal, namely whether the custom rink was the cause, or perhaps other content.

Also, if you actually post the error log named in your screenshot it may help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 7:20 PM
I tested a regular rink earlier and got no error at all.

Object Error
An error occured in object "N004_User00472-Gianna"
#265,
Error: Too many iterations.
The stack trace is saved in
"C:/Users/BrittanyLaptop/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs/ObjectError_N004_t2148.txt"
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 7:42 PM
A clone? As in you're trying to clone and edit the rink? That'd be a Create question rather than Help, as if it's only the clone that's broken then your game isn't at fault.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 7:41 PM
I'm not trying to clone a rink. I'm using a rink that was cloned from a Maxis rink. (Here's the site I got it from: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=4373.0)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 1:28 AM
I was following along on Error Log thread and I waited until I got the error but I don't get one on the rink anymore. Two things happen: The sim does the jump bug then when I instruct her to skate, she skates halfway on the rink then gets off. I don't know what to do now.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 11:01 AM
Ahh, ok. Well, if EA rinks work and the custom one doesn't, it's probably a question to put to the creator.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 12:40 PM
Well, I can't contact the creator on GOS because she hasn't been on since January of this year nor does she have a livejournal or dreamwidth.
Site Helper
#13 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 4:01 PM
Unfortunately, we can't support abandoned custom content. If you're having problems with an object and can't contact the creator, then either stop using the object or try to fix it yourself.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wisher95
I tested a regular rink earlier and got no error at all.

Object Error
An error occured in object "N004_User00472-Gianna"
#265,
Error: Too many iterations.
The stack trace is saved in
"C:/Users/BrittanyLaptop/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs/ObjectError_N004_t2148.txt"

Yes, I got that bit- I was actually looking for the error log itself, which is in C:/Users/BrittanyLaptop/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs/ObjectError_N004_t2148.txt. That file would be what you should post in future.

However, as you don't get the error with a regular rink we know this is a problem with the custom rink, so don't worry about posting it now. We know what file you need to remove!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 8:17 PM
Alright thanks for the help! I'll go see if I can find it in all 7k of my items.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 11:10 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 1:28 AM
I was able to find it. I traced back the original download to find the name of the file, rather simple really.