Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 11:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets, Apartment Life
Default InSimenator seems to block phones & prevent leaving lot...
In Seasons, the InSimenator seems to make the phones not work nor the Sims able to leave the lot. Has anyone else had this trouble & how do I fix it?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 1:00 AM
Have you got the Seasons-compatible version of the mod?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Have you got the Seasons-compatible version of the mod?

We've been operating on 2.8 but have not tried 2.9 yet.

Here's a description of the situation my partner wrote up. I'll just let it speak for itself-

What is the problem with my InSimenator? For some reason, it messes up the phones in the house. If I click on the phone to do any function with it, the directive either disappears so they never do it or I get an error message that keeps making me reset to infinity. I am also not able to leave the lot even if I buy a car. All I can do is sit & listen to the radio. Another thing I noticed is that the various expansion added directives disappear such as using a computer to go to college or asking a Sim on a date.
I'm using the OBJ InSimenator and I'm not sure why but I'm also able to modify the wants & needs by dragging them & shift clicking onto a Sim lets me bring up different options. So I'm not sure what's happening but it's really screwing up my game.

Should I just abandon InSimenator and opt for The Sims Blender now?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 7:04 PM
To answer the last question first - yes. SimBlender is a better mod than Insimenator. I use both in my game, since there are a few functions only Insim has, but SimBlender is by far the better choice between the two.

However I am very, very skeptical that Insim is the culprit here. There is almost no global code (other than a tiny bit to do with pregnancy) in the OBJ version so I don't see any way it could interfere with phones or portals.

The ability to drag motives and shift-click on objects means debug mode is on (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) and again that's nothing to do with Insim.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Site Helper
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 8:35 PM
It's very easy to tell whether the Insimenator is the culprit. Just backup your save game and then remove the Insimenator and clear your caches. If you continue to have problems, then the Insimenator is not causing those problems.

If you have not yet done the Game_Help:Game_Problemwiki FAQ, I would strongly suggest that you do. It will help you to determine exactly what is causing your problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 5:04 AM
Thanks- so how do we back up the game, clear the caches & turn off the debug mode?

The problems didn't start until we installed the InSimenator. When we remove it, they usually go away. Except for some reason I'm able to change the motive and can't seem to do anything without the error messages popping up every five seconds. The only mods we're now running are the Inteenimator and various accessories such as the Sinful Shower, nude patches, etc.
Site Helper
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 5:16 AM
Follow the FAQ. It will walk you through everything.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 7:27 AM
Thanks so much. I passed everything on to my partner. She did resolve this issue. She's now dealing with other issues but that's another thread. Thanks!