Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 4:58 PM
There I go with yet another rotation. In this ocassion there is a lot going on in the university.

Vilma is now living with her sister Vivian and her friend Laern. Her parents gave her some money to pay her studies, and that allowed the three of them to move to a larger house with more bedrooms (the one Vivian an Laern shared was tiny... and only had single beds, hehe).

Vilma just met a guy she likes, some other student called Destry Jeffress, but her mother - who happened to be visiting, I guess with the excuse of seeing her daughters new house - disliked him greatly and ended up having a huge argument with him. Enemies at first sight.

Callista does not seem to have any problem with her other daughter Vivian dating Ray Mayhew, who by the way just proposed.
(This guy does like commitment, shortly after breaking up her compromise with Eleanor he is already engaged again. Hopefully has better luck now.)

Ray does not like Vivian's companies though. Specially her roommate Laern.
Why?, you wonder. Because he was invited to Christian's place (his sister Klaav's fiancé) and caught them in a too intimate situation. Oops.

He has not idea that Klaav has actually been dating someone else too - and this would come as a surprise to anyone who knows her, cause she's a family-type.
But it seems that distance takes its tolls and she's been way too friendly to this townie gentleman of funny moustache.

In the main hood, romance-seekers have also had their share of flirting. For example Arvian dated K'Mepp again, and Derrick dated Cathy the postwoman.

But the funniest case is probably Eleanor's.
She thought that getting a roommate would help her domestic economy, but if she was going to let someone in it should be a man. Preferably a shirtless one.
And what was the first topic she brought up in a conversation? Whoohoo. Oh, so modest.

But the twist is that Neil inmediately thought of his friend Cleve and decided they ought to date - which Eleanor accepted, although it does not mean she gives up on the idea of having something with Neil too.

Marjorie Walker is a bit more serious than this bunch, and her feelings towards Rannh Dukrarn have indeed evolved.

She dreams of having a large family, and now that she's in love she did not hesitate to give a first step towards procreation. Yes, she got pregnant!

What should a decent girl do in such a case? Of course, she told Rannh he must marry her... and he is happy to oblige.
The baby will probably be born after the marriage, but that seems to be unimportant for both of them. Oh, and the baby will be alien hybrid btw. Which is always cool.

If there is someone who used to date a lot and now is having all his karma hitting back, that's Steve Palmer.
He was visiting the Heritage Manor with his wife Tina when some other ex-lover (in this case one of the residents, Zavra) decided to serenade him. Oh, my, Tina was berserk-mad!

He keeps trying to fix their relation, a lot of apologizing and good behaviour, but women from his past keep appearing and make it hard and harder.

Things always happen in the Heritage Manor, hehe.
And now there is a new resident, former townie Quinten Corsillo who was Sophie's friend.

And as time goes on, people grow up. So here are some pics of the Sims who have just grown into the next life stage.
Vaklin Gorge is now an elder. And to celebrate it, a matchmaker gave him a very funny lamp with a purple guy inside it. Weird, huh?

Richard White is also an elder now. His three children are still at home, so no time to relax yet.

One of them, Disarp, also celebrated his birthday and is now a teenager. (He has strange facial features, despite having quite handsome parents. He probably needs a makeover, at least a different haircut.)

The Maces twins, Brody and Celeste, are now children. Which is just as good, because I used to have a hard time telling them apart as toddlers xD

Also Vrodde Entayta-Gorge is a child now. And it seems that his mother and brother will be growing up soon too.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 8:19 AM
Hi Amura i like your rotation. Quite a bit of Drama to keep it interesting.

Quote: Originally posted by Amura
One of them, Disarp, also celebrated his birthday and is now a teenager. (He has strange facial features, despite having quite handsome parents. He probably needs a makeover, at least a different haircut.)

I would have Disarp grow a beard and change his hair style, likely he would look better then.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
Original Poster
#78 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 2:30 PM
Yeah, and it was a bit surprising tbh.
It seems that the only really steady couple in this generation is Ray+Vivian, which comes as a bit of a surprise because I had not expected them to match and I had more faith in other couples who now seem in risk.

And indeed a beard would be an improvement. I like beards. Both irl and in game.
He'll probably get some stubble - which is suitable for someone his age and also allows me to find the time to get used, hehe.
Instructor
#79 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 3:53 PM
I can see that Marjorie is the modest, inhibited sort . Awesome update, with a sizeable amount of drama. What did Valkin wish for?

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Forum Resident
#80 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 4:17 PM
all you remind me about is to play again TwT'

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
Original Poster
#81 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 8:23 PM
Hahaha, Marjorie is indeed not very inhibited despite being a Family Sim. Might be because her secondary aspiration is Romance, hehe.
That's why it suits her wanting to have many children: I think she's not looking for an everlasting marriage or even a long-term relationship, she simply wants a father for her children and having a loyal husband who provides for them is way more convenient than simply finding a sperm donor.
She has not had other lovers though (only a crush on her former roommate Serdar) and if she gets those children she wants she migth not be interested in meeting other men...

Probably the only really modest Sim in this generation is Vivian, who now in college has just given her very first kiss to Ray. Engaged already, no whoohoo yet.
And Ray is quite a decent guy, probably only misled a little bit by Eleanor. But now with Vivian he's probably on the good track.

Just a little bit older are J'Kepp and Roger, who are happily married. She had twins after an abdution (they have her maiden surname) and they also have another child in common.
Job, family, that's pretty much all they always do. So not a lot to tell about them.

@OnayaW:
Then go and play a little bit!
Use it as an excuse to playtest some buildings or something! :D
Forum Resident
#82 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 8:18 PM
actually I have to finish my next upload -w- I thought, well why not upload the house I made for the masterbuild challenge on facebook c:

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
Original Poster
#83 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 1:37 PM
Oh, you're uploading it here at MTS?
I guess you are taking pictures and all that stuff. I hate that part, it's so time-consuming and boring ^^;
Forum Resident
#84 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 6:17 PM
The challenge itself is hard bc it is a big house and I forgot a freaking door before furnituring it -_-
nearly done. Only need 1st floor and the kitchen and living room T-T

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
Original Poster
#85 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 7:47 AM
Oh, I see.
I'm not much into big houses and I think you don't either?
I've build a few because I was inspired to do something, but as general rule my poor Sims preffer affordable housing.
Scholar
Original Poster
#86 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 7:08 PM
Default Rotation #07f
And here I come with another update. Quite a calm one - beware, storm might come right after the calm! HEHE.

Some of our aliens are growing into elders. First one was Vradia Zadra, who spends his leisure time cultivaiting his love for painting - and there he was at the time of growing up.
He still lives with his wife Callista in their apartment and both keep working to pay the bills - paying for the college of their two younger children did not allow them to save up a lot.
(I'll be talking about their children later.)

The other one is Vilkaa Gorge, who is always in an economically tight situation but she and her husband Prod always manage to avoid unpaid bills.
Vilkaa has three children, all of them still living at home. Kliive does not know who his father was, Trod and Vrodde are Prod's children. And Trod is now a teenager - and looks more and more after his mother, he has her "good person" features.

More birthdays! Priss White-Entayta is now a teenager - and a quite attractive one, I think.
Her brother Disarp got a much-needed makeover and now looks much better imho.

And last birthday: Jess Walker, child of Roger and J'Kepp, is a child. Despite her human looks, her features remind me strongly of her alien inheritance.
Now with three children (J'Kepp had twins from an abduction before marrying Roger) the house is a bit crowed but...

Well, Carol Jobs was not enjoying her apartment building. She has a bad opinion on most of the residents - and her habit of saying it aloud got her into several fights.

She and her husband J'Sapp had saved up some money and decided it was the perfect time to buy a new house. A large one. And they hope their only child J'Kepp will move in with her whole family. It's a win-win situation, isn't it?

The youngest of the Freemans children, Tristam, is now a child. Three children at home - and I love the variety of skin colors.
They are a happy family, and this picture is one of their dinners with Lorna Mayhew as a guest.

Now that I'm done with birthdays, I'll tell you about a birth and a marriage: Marjorie gave birth to baby Innah and married Rannh all in the same rotation.
Much to her surprise her mother Sophie hates Rannh!! This is really distressing for poor Marjorie, because she ended up feeling forced to ask her dear mother to leave during the party - and it was supposed to be a family celebration

Well, since I'm talking about the Walkers (Roger, Marjorie) I'll continue with the other siblings.
Charles Walker and his wife Caryl keep running successfully the Heritage Manor, now with Sophie's help. There is a new resident, Kendal Lee, who gets along very well with Caryl.

Eleanor Walker keeps romancing. Her lover Derrick Lowe moved into a new apartment and he invited her right away... to have some fun, you get the meaning.
But she also seduced Holden Knight when she had the chance!

And Christian Walker just graduated with honors (3.9 out of 4!) and is ready to return to the city. His plan is moving in with his fiancée Klaav - but it's hard to guess what will happen between them afterwards.

Still at college is Laern Durant-Dukrarn. She is quite popular (fulfilled the Big on Campus want), specially among men - but she's not sentimentally attached to anyone.
When she finish her studies she plans to return to her parents home.
Her parents btw were both retired, but Haern grew tired of Neil's eccentric habit of digging around the house and decided to return to her job - at a lower level, unlukily, but she does not care as far as it keeps her away from home.

Also at college are Vivian and Vilma Zadra-Atkins (I said I would talk about them, didn't I?).
Vilma is quite focused on her studies, but surprisingly she is now a friend of Eleanor Walker. Surprisingly because she's the ex-girlfriend of her fiancé Ray, and they do not seem to have anything else in common. I wonder how does Ray feel about it?
Vilma keeps dating Destry, despite knowing her mother dislikes him strongly. Who care what mothers think anyway?

Rivia and Arvian live their adult lives without interference of their parents, lucky them.
Rivia wrote a novel, not a bad one, and the money helps her to pay her bills. No romance in her life, only one of the four Zadra-Atkins siblings.
Arvian has enough romance for all of them though, haha. His last conquest was the landlady Dagmar.

And finally I'm talking about Martha Smithers.
She has been totally focused on her job but a bad turn got her demoted - and depressed. Was that the reason the matchmaker left her such an exotic gift?
Maybe, maybe not, but in any case it's bringing some extra money into her account, she might consider eventually buying a house of her own, even creating a family... Family?
Oh, well, she had not though about her sentimental life since she broke with Derrick, but lately she's got feelings for Donte Reiner, and who knows?

Scholar
Original Poster
#87 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 12:35 PM
Default Rotation #07g
And the story goes on :D

First, the bad news: Ricky Mace has died (of all age).
His widow Chloe is devastated. The Therapist visited her, but she seems to be having a very hard time going over Ricky's death.
He also leaves three children (Herbie and the twins Celeste & Brody) but lucikly the inheritance will provide for his family in the following rotations.

Chloe's ex-husband Steve is not very young either, I wonder if he has many days left (no, I won't peek!).
He's trying to recover his wife Tina's love, but it's not easy, not easy at all. Specially because anytime he walks anywhere public he finds an ex-lover trying to re-light the fire. In this pic Zavra Zadra is serenading him, but luckily for him Tina did not see them.

Let's follow the ramifications of this story by talking about Steve's other ex-wife Vilkaa and her family.
The Entayta-Gorge family is always having some money problems but luckily Vilkaa just got promoted.
Her older son, Kliive, has been dating Prid White-Entayta for a while. And now her second son, Trod, is dating Prid's youngest sister Priss. What a happy coincidence!
(The youngest one, Vrodde, is only a child so no dating for him yet, hehe.)

Talking about the White-Entayta. You already know about Prid's and Priss' boyfriends. But their brother Disarp is also now in the dating game, as he asked out Claire the papergirl out.
He also got a job btw. What a full life he has.

More about teens, now that I am at it. Cassius Freeman has just grown up!
(He inherited his father's huge lips, but I think his features are quite balanced anyway.)

And now let's move to one of the main families, the Daeli-Jobs.
They had moved recently into a large house, with the intention of inviting their only daughter J'Kepp to move in with all her family (her twins from abduction Jappung and Pekkung, her husband Roger Walker and their daughter Jess). And that's exactly what happened.

Carol and J'Sapp had some extra savings after buying the house so they decided to invest in order to guarantee their grandchildren access to a good college.
Unluckily all this wealth display attracted a burglar - who was caught by the police.

The burglar also visited the Gorge-Mayhew family, but the pics I took were awful so I discarded them.
So let's talk about their children.
Ray Mayhew (child of Lorna only) moved into a new apartment. It's much larger than the previous one, fit for an small family (as he expects his fiancée Vivian to move in with him after she graduates) but it's also quite expensive and he might end up having money problems... but he had no choice for the sake of playtesting this building of mine xD

And Ray's half-sister Klaav has just got married to Christian Walker. They threw a party, both of their families being invited.
Funny detail: Marjorie Walker's dress (she's the pregnant one) is exactly the same as Charles Walker's wife Caryl (she's the elder).
Not so funny detail: Ray Mayhew was once engaged to Eleanor Walker, and it did not end well. Meeting now in their siblings marriage did not make them very happy...

More parties in the Walker family! Marjorie and Rannh celebrated the birthday of their firstborn Rannh, again all the family was invited.
(And Marjorie is pregnant again! She dreams of having a large happy family as her parents did.)

And let's also talk about future celebrations.
Martha Smithers is very successfully in her professional life but now she's also found love with Donte Reiner. She's not getting any younger and does not feel like wasting time so she was decided to propose him and only wait until next rotation to marry him.

But there is another engagement which came as a surprise. Derrick Lowe, a well-known womanizer, was on a date with one of his lovers when he rolled a want to get engaged to her.
That woman happened to be Rivia Zadra-Atkins (I suspect it could have been anyone else) and she accepted. Now let's see if this marriage becomes a reality or some jealousy breaks the spell.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 3:21 PM
So many families still! And to think I only have gotten maybe... a family more than my usual? Since some moved together and all that...
my next round starts with a plant sim /w\

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#89 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 6:00 PM
Oh Amura I really like your Story and how it does go on.

You take good picures and your Sims are alway interesting.

Question comes to mind, how do come up with the names for your Sims?

Myself I have lists that I have compiled from Baby Name web sites and such.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Scholar
Original Poster
#90 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 8:59 AM
@OnayaW:
I don't think I have many families... yet.
I started with 12 Sims, which were meant to create one family each but some inter-married. Some of them had several children, who at their time moved (or will move, some are still young) out to create their own homes.
Since the hood is now I'm happy of having a fast growth but I'll probably limit it more in the future so it does not overwhelm me.

Which reminds me to start working on family trees :D

@lordtyger9:
Thanks <3

Names, well, it depends. When I play in my language I usually take names from people I know (only the name, no relation from the actual person).
When I play in English, I often take names from whatever book I'm reading or I peek at the NBA game my husband is whatching, things like that.
If I can't figure a good one out I use this tool: https://www.behindthename.com/random/
Forum Resident
#91 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 9:11 AM
I started with 5 households, some had a single sim, my alien, Cid, bc idk why not, and then Maria had her son as baby (He is now teenager so I have at least played 10-12 rotations now, plus I included university about 2 rounds ago with 3 sims. My rotations may end big in the end and I drive one day at a time.
I currently have 7 households and a single university team.
Curently I have 2 premade families from ea/maxis, living, even though one of the households have the name but there doesn't live any of that name, Rose something, I have the Rama something living to, with a son, and a daughter
but else is rest either previous NPC's there got children with the single sims, or families i made, which is Almars and Elderik family. I have a total of 4-5 deaths, with two gravestones on the graveyard I made, two of them is on a ground with no living people.
Then my 3 university students which is Arnold, Bombei (I know) and a girl who's name I forgot because no one ever calls the phone after her >_<
I feel like mine is really small and second gen is only just building up for me >_>

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#92 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
@OnayaW:
I don't think I have many families... yet.
I started with 12 Sims, which were meant to create one family each but some inter-married. Some of them had several children, who at their time moved (or will move, some are still young) out to create their own homes.
Since the hood is now I'm happy of having a fast growth but I'll probably limit it more in the future so it does not overwhelm me.

Which reminds me to start working on family trees :D

@lordtyger9:
Thanks <3

Names, well, it depends. When I play in my language I usually take names from people I know (only the name, no relation from the actual person).
When I play in English, I often take names from whatever book I'm reading or I peek at the NBA game my husband is whatching, things like that.
If I can't figure a good one out I use this tool: https://www.behindthename.com/random/

@Amura I use https://www.behindthename.com as one of my favourite resources to look up names by ethnic group, since I re-named all of the Sims in the Far East with Chinese names and I like to use Celtic and Germanic names for my Sims, so I use this web site a lot. It is very useful I think. I do also take names from books that I read .
What is your language Amura?

As for number of households in my game I have 48 households at the moment, that is not counting how many in University. I add a few households every so often when I graduate Sims from University. If I can I have the newly graduated Sim move into an existing household, but sometimes I feel like I have to have them start a new household so I do that.

Field Researcher
#93 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 11:00 PM
I haven't played any aliens, so I'm interested in how they and the humans get along and how their offspring look. You've put in a lot of work on this, and it looks like a fun challenge. I think Gretchen the landlady is quite an interesting character! I look forward to your next update.
Scholar
Original Poster
#94 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 4:03 PM
@OnayaW:
To be honest I like smallish hoods. So for me an small numer of households as you have would be fine.
I just like them having children, because I see genetics working and I love that, so I can't help letting them fullfill their parenthood dreams and some of them end up having too many children. Oh, well, large families are fun, but after a few generations I end up having a few too many households and I decide to limit the number of children for sanity.

@lordtyger9:
I am Spanish.
I don't use the default Spanish set of names/surnames, because I have installed the game in English. So I made my own set.
But a while ago I cleared my downloads and that mod has not returned to the folder yet. It will eventually, but at the moment I'm fine with all these foreign names.

@Cher64:
Aliens are cool! Specially because genetics are cool
You should try them!

And, yeah, Gretchen P. (I can't even write her surname properly) is quite interesting, she's had quite a few romantic interests and sometimes things get ugly around her, but a bit of drama doesn't harm.
Actually Charles Walker is trying to convice her to move into the Heritage Manor, we'll see if that works.
Forum Resident
#95 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 6:00 PM
I only allow my sims to get children if it is a wish! Counts adoption to!
Unfortunately one rolled to have 10 children so I am fucked

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
Original Poster
#96 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 8:41 PM
I also play following their wants... but I only lock those wants that don't bother me.
Those 10 children ones are just too much!!
Forum Resident
#97 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 8:44 PM
Yeah
I properly should kill that sim
So he can be at the graveyard
With his brother -_-'
I also somehow wanna fulfill it you know ewe'

I build small houses *^*
Forum Resident
#98 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 11:49 PM
Amura, I love the diversity in your neighborhood. I always had aliens in my previous game until my current one. If I do include aliens, it will be sometime way down the line. I've had Vamps, but quickly grew bored of them. Same with Zombies. Never had a werewolf though. My Sims adopted lots of strays but could never make friends with a wolf, so they never got the bite.

I'm curious, how did you create your family screenshots? Are they something you created? I'm guessing the pics in the pics (friends, icons & such) tell us a bit about each Sim in the picture. I like that.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Forum Resident
#99 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 4:39 AM
@simlissa
Black wolf yellow glowing eyes
Become friends with that

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
Original Poster
#100 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 12:35 PM
@SIMelissa:
Thanks.
I usually have some aliens in my game, because my Knowledge Sims tend to spend some time stargazing... and it eventually happens. But I had never had as many as in this current hood!
If you have some "boring" Sim you may try him/her to get abducted and spice things up a bit (PS: Female impregnation requires of a mod.)

I also get bored of vampires quickly. Their life is just too long. And there are little friends they can phone during the nighttime.
It's nice for a while, and if you have one or two it's ok, but if they start biting everyone it kinda stops being amusing.
Good thing about them is that you can forget them intentionally for a few rotations, because it's fine if they do not stay in sync:D

Don't like plantsims either. Their lives are too simple. Or maybe it's the way I play them.
Same as with vampires, having one or two is ok, I just don't think I want a hood packed with plantsims.

Never had werewolves. As OnayaW said, becoming friends with the glowing-eyed wolf is the way to go. But I never do.
One day I'll cheat into having a werewolf just for the sake of having one.

And, about the screenshots, yes, they are my summary for the rotation. Who they fell in love with, or new friends, etc. So it's easy for me to remember at which point I was if don't play for a while or if I need to use a backup.
After I'm done with the rotation I get all the family pics from the Tumbnails.package. I also got the portrait from each Sim package. And the icons (friend, marriage, etc.) from the objects.package. Then I simply put them all together in Gimp, that's all I do.
It looks neat and it's helpful for me.

Page 4 of 12