Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#176 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Creeper
Lydia just died while fighting a Centurion. I hadn't saved for quite some time, so I couldn't load it. It was so damn sad. :c

I didn't know that followers could die... unless Lydia is the name of your character

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Advertisement
Theorist
#177 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minimogut
I didn't know that followers could die... unless Lydia is the name of your character

Enemies can't kill them, but they can die from an accidental stray shot from the player or any other followers.

Resident wet blanket.
Alchemist
#178 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 8:35 PM
^So I killed her? *facepalm* I'm an idiot.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Theorist
#179 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 9:10 PM
Yeah, probably! Don't feel bad, I've killed her (and Jordis) accidentally a few times. Sometimes I saw it happen (they jumped in front of the bad guys in the split second that I launched an arrow or destruction spell), other times I wouldn't see it, but I'd find one of my arrows stuck in her corpse.

That's one of the reasons I made my own followers and made them essential so they don't die from friendly fire!

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#180 Old 1st May 2012 at 12:33 AM
Played this game and still wondering where you find those nice Daedric threads.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Alchemist
#181 Old 1st May 2012 at 9:45 PM
^You craft them yourself, though I didn't bother to get my Smithing up, I just used cheat codes. I don't wear them myself, as I'm a rogue, but I gave them to my followers. xD

Theorist
#182 Old 2nd May 2012 at 3:25 PM
I was able to find the Daedric armor in one of the chests in the Pinewatch cave while doing the Silver Lining quest for the Thieves Guild. I think the contents of the chests is sometimes random though, as I've sometimes gotten different things out of the same chest every time I've raided it.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#183 Old 2nd May 2012 at 9:56 PM
Is anyone else thinking that the armour of the Dark Brotherhood is looking like a playsuit?

And I think, that couriers are very poor.

Alchemist
#184 Old 31st May 2012 at 9:09 PM
So, we looking forward to Dawnguard? : http://www.youtube.com/embed/3PjBSicSVqI

Looks pretty awesome to me.

I'm very excited for mounted combat, to be released in the next patch.
Instructor
#185 Old 31st May 2012 at 9:44 PM
^ Dawnguard looks great, but I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it. Skyrim was a fun game and all, but I don't love it that much.

Anyway, here's a picture of someone's house that made me LOL'ed

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Top Secret Researcher
#186 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 10:23 PM
Wow that house needs a maid to clean it up. I am going to buy it as I want to play new rpg which is better than dragon age 2 and I WANT TO PLAY DAWN GUARD AS IT LOOKS LIKE AN AWESOME GAME WITH THE DEMON CULT AND BEING ABLE TO PLAY AS A DEMON!!!

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Instructor
#187 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 9:30 PM
I messed up the thief guilds treasury. It was a revenge for doing the same stupid quests over and over again.

And I found out how to make my own followers.

Alchemist
#188 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 4:38 PM
Rise, my dead thread! Rise back to life!

*clears throat*

So I got Dawnguard like a week or two ago, and I have to say it's amazing. Besides the buggy quests (some of which I couldn't finish without cheats, due to glitches that I later found out were caused by mods -_-" ), it's awesome. I was a werewolf, but chose to turn into a vampire, just 'cause I get to look so damn badass and the Vampire Lord form is really powerful. Also, Serana. Need I say more?

Interstellar Traveler
#189 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 12:49 AM
hehe.. I just got it today. (Newbies FTW!) PC version, that is.. I haven't played it yet because of all my homework and projects, but it is taunting me! I must play it soon!

Also, if you want to add me on Steam.. you can find me under "journeys_chronicle"

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 1:32 AM
I think I'll buy it for the Xbox... One old-stupid-internet-friend told me she loves the PC version. Another not-so-stupid-real-friend has it for xbox, and another real-friend wanted to steal it to her :o
So... maybe

~ Nobody will really care about this ~
Theorist
#191 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 3:39 PM
"Old-stupid-internet-friend", nice! PC version is better. Much better graphics if your PC is up to snuff and your monitor is high enough resolution, and you can use mods or make your own like custom followers. Plus, you can take screenshots and share them on the internets.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#192 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 3:43 PM
Should've gotten Skyrim on PC. FUUUUUUUU--

Oh, well. I hope that when I finally get a gaming computer it will run. Because if it doesn't, that means the computer won't run the Sims 3. Which means I'll be screwed for the rest of the years to come. *Sigh* Big games guarantee a broken heart at some point, I suppose.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Alchemist
#193 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rawra
Rise, my dead thread! Rise back to life!

*clears throat*

So I got Dawnguard like a week or two ago, and I have to say it's amazing. Besides the buggy quests (some of which I couldn't finish without cheats, due to glitches that I later found out were caused by mods -_-" ), it's awesome. I was a werewolf, but chose to turn into a vampire, just 'cause I get to look so damn badass and the Vampire Lord form is really powerful. Also, Serana. Need I say more?

Funny, the day you bumped this I started playing again. But it's taken me this long to get around to showing off my latest character.

I've got Dawnguard installed but haven't started the quest yet. On my "main" character I figure I'll make him a slayer. But then I realised I kind of want to try out the vampire stuff as well. None of my current characters really felt "vampirey" to me so I opted to start all over yet again.

Here's my Redguard, Soon-To-Be-Vampire, Anora.

Currently she's pretty efficient with bows, light armour, one-handed weapons (I might try to get her one of those Redguard Curved. Swords. I intend to use a lot of poisons on her blade(s)...which makes me wish Skyrim had spears because I'd love to have her roaming the tundra with a poison-tipped spear...), and illusion magic. Illusion will fit in nicely with her vampireness, once I get her started on the Dawnguard quests.

@Damocles - whatcha got goin' on there? It looks very nice & cinematic. I've had a lot of problems with getting ENB's to behave properly but I'd love to try some. I've just never had any success with the ones I've poked at.
Theorist
#194 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
@Damocles - whatcha got goin' on there? It looks very nice & cinematic. I've had a lot of problems with getting ENB's to behave properly but I'd love to try some. I've just never had any success with the ones I've poked at.

First go here:

http://enbdev.com/index_en.html

Click the Download button and under Graphic Modifications click TES Skyrim. Click Download v0.117 beta. That will take you to "ENBSeries v0.117 beta for TES Skyrim." You should see a small icon to the left of those words. It looks like a down arrow inside a box without the top. That is their poor choice of download link, I say poor choice because it can easily be mistaken for something else and it just doesn't scream "click me." Download that. Inside that .zip is a file called d3d9.dll and that is the main file for the ENB Series.

Put that file in your Skyrim folder where TESV.exe is. As long as that file is in that folder then ENB is installed.

Next, you will download a custom set to tell d3d9.dll ENB what to do. I recommend Project ENB:

http://www.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20781#

It's not that taxing of an ENB, but it does have those nice effects like Depth of Field and Godrays. Download and unzip any and all files that begin with "enb" into your Skyrim folder where d3d9.dll is.

And then it is installed. You start Skyrim and ENB plus the set is enabled by default. But you can toggle it with Shift + F12, mainly to see how much of a performance drop the ENB costs, and to switch between "screenshot worthy mode" and "gaming mode."

If Project ENB is too much of a hog then you can try a different ENB set:

http://www.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15425

^This one claims no performance loss. I doubt that one has Depth of Field

Finally, there is one more thing. You might notice a strange dotted pattern in the shadows when using ENB. But there is a fix for that:

http://www.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/283

Follow one of the three options of instructions, apply the bugfixes, and the performance fixes. I actually like to set my shadow resolutions to 1280, which is slightly higher than medium. But it looks okay because the shadows are blurred with this fix.
Top Secret Researcher
#195 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 11:25 PM
I play skyrim and have played and won dawnguard and I will certainly along with my father will play more skyrim related games in furture as we love skyrim.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Alchemist
#196 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 5:39 PM
@Shoosh Malooka Thanks

Have you folks heard there's another DLC coming out for XBox on September 4th? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gXwNVpDmfo

PC version is coming later. The trailer is pretty underwhelming. 3/4 of the way through I wondered if it was a joke. Not that the idea of having a family and building a home is a bad one. It just seems very oddly presented in the trailer. But honestly, if all Hearthfire adds is what's covered in the preview I don't think the entertainment value would be very long lasting. Probably a waste of money.

In other news I'm loving my Redguard. She hid behind some rocks at Valtheim Towers and kept hitting the bandit leader with the Fury spell, causing her to kill three of her own guards, at which point I sneaked into her tower, "calmed" her, and slaughtered her. Really fun!
Alchemist
#197 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 6:16 PM
^Putting aside the fact that this new DLC seems pretty lame to me, it pisses me off to no end how they prioritize releasing DLCs on the Xbox. They released Dawnguard on the console like one fucking month before they did on the PC. It's so unfair!

Theorist
#198 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 2:09 AM
There is a reason for the DLC being lame and cheap. It's to put the nail in the coffin for that contract they have with Microsoft. The one that makes add-ons exclusive to XBox for 30 days. It expires with Hearthfire. So if, say, the next expansion were to be "War With the Thalmor" we don't have to feel one-upped by XBox.
Alchemist
#199 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
There is a reason for the DLC being lame and cheap. It's to put the nail in the coffin for that contract they have with Microsoft. The one that makes add-ons exclusive to XBox for 30 days. It expires with Hearthfire. So if, say, the next expansion were to be "War With the Thalmor" we don't have to feel one-upped by XBox.

Good news then.

Also I found this and thought it funny.
Field Researcher
#200 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 1:37 AM
Anyone planning on trying the Elder Scrolls MMO when it's released? Other than me?

Page 8 of 10