Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 3:17 AM
X-Com (either the original, or the new one, they're both good in different ways).
System Shock 2 (so immersive and utterly terrifying unlike any other game at the time).
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 4:25 AM
Games I've played to death, or am playing a lot now:

Sims 1 & 2
the Civilization games (2 onward): currently Civ 5
the Europa Universalis series (2 onwards): currently playing a lot of EU4
Crusader Kings 2
Tropico, and now Tropico 4
Sim City 4
Caesar 3
Baldur's Gate 2
Alpha Centauri
Scholar
#28 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 1:41 PM
Mine are
The original Spyro The Dragon trilogi will always be my all time favorite games.
The Secret World (go Illuminati!)
Skyrim
Don't Starve
Fallout New Vegas
Katamari Damacy
Loco Roco 1 & 2
Patapon 1, 2 & 3
Age of Mythology
Ratchet and Clank
Sly Cooper

ED: And of course The Sims

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:18 AM
For the console: The Dragon Age series, Kingdoms of Amalur, Skyrim.
For PC: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 1&2, Star Wars The Old Republic and Rift.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:19 AM
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Sims 2
GTA: San Andreas
Sim City 4
All pokemon games.

PS: I still do not played TS4.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:52 PM
Final Fantasy XII
NBA 2K14
Most of the Tony Hawks games
Dark Cloud
Bravely Default (apart from that pain in the ass boss I can't defeat at the end of the game... Damn Airy)
Most pokemon games
And obviously Sims

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 2:31 PM
Ohooo... Not an easy question.

I think I would go with Half-Life (the first one) as my number 1. TES 3 Morrowind as a very close number 2, FreeSpace 2 on the third place.

Other than that, I spent countless hours in Medieval 2 Total War (with Stainless Steel). I love playing as Seljuk Sultanate and than invading Scotland
Also Planescape Torment is a Grand game, I love it.
Cities XL for a pleasure of building my dream city.
Skyrim for its mods.
STALKER for its great atmosphere and design.
Fallout (1+2) for being Fallout. And most probably Wasteland 2 for being Fallout
DreamFall was a great fun as well ("Chapters" should be released soon)

And probably many more...
Inventor
#33 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 12:34 PM Last edited by pico22 : 12th Sep 2014 at 12:57 PM.
If I had to name just one game, it would be Planescape: Torment. It did everything right - from the start to the finish, from the graphics to the superb story. I don't think that "the perfect game" exists but this one came as close as humanly possible.

Otherwise, I'd rather go by genres. My preferred ones (in alphabetical order because I like all of them about equally):

Grand strategies
The Civilization series: well, it came first so it has to be in the first place. My personal favourite was CIV II.
Europa Universalis: "the" grand strategy in all of its incarnations.

Racers
Only arcade ones for me.
The Need of Speed series up to and including the Porsche game, probably the best of them all.
FlatOut: sheer madness. Just what I love.

RPGs
Planescape: Torment, obviously. Almost as good:
Fallout 2 and 1 (in that order). The later ones are just shooters, in my opinion, and I don't like shooters.
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. The most unpleasant game I ever played extensively but great atmosphere. I tried hard to get into Oblivion and Skyrim but failed completely.

Sandbox games
SimCity: again, it came first. My personal favourite was SC 2000.
The Sims. I loved TS but mostly, I play TS2. Still trying unsuccessfully to get really involved with TS3. Haven't touched TS4 yet.
Tropico: only the original one (plus EP). Great idea, great realization. Damn the Yanquis (we do tolerate tourists, though).

An honourable mention
The Jagged Alliance series. In a category of its own - an excellent mixture of tactics, strategy and RPG. Good from the beginning, but JA 2 was brilliant. They tried to revive it a couple of times, without any success. First class mods.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:53 AM
My favourite game around 8 years ago was Runescape. I don't even know why I liked playing it so much back then. Wasted most of our internet play it online

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:22 PM
I'm currently playing ArcheAge and Guild Wars 2, GW2 being my favorite MMO, and playing Sims 4 on the side (though I'm mostly in build mode).

Console wise, my favorite games would have to be the Silent Hill series, Final Fantasy series and Resident Evil series. I played the crap out of these. Still do. GTA V and Watch_Dogs were disappointments for me. They were hyped up and looked and sounded so great but when you got to playing, it was just meh. I hear a lot of people are saying the same thing about Destiny. I also had a similar reaction to Aion (MMO) after it came out.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 1:29 PM
All-time favourite: Super Mario 64 on Nintendo 64 (I don't really like DS version much as N64 version)

This is huge reason why I'm big Nintendo fan as well Mario fan, I love the game so much I replay it often (though these days I haven't replayed it for while). I love how it gives you a 'goal' to achieve, but it's up to you what you want to do to get it. It feels like a huge sandbox that I can play around in, and it gives you bunch of moves that you don't really need to 'beat' the game but they're still there for you to use. I love Galaxy 1&2 and 3D World of course, but I felt nothing beats Super Mario 64 for me. Love it.

This year favourite game: Hmm. Probably Danganronpa series, I loved Virtue's Last Reward (and it's prequel, 999) and this offered same experience for me. The story is brilliant and I'm looking forward to future titles But I'm also loving Sims 4 and Mario Kart 8... oh and I have Pokémon Omega Ruby to look forward to as well, so who knows, it might change haha

Currently Playing:Last of Us Remastered, Final Fantasy XIV, Rare Replay - Blast Corps, The Sims 2, 3, 4
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 5:01 PM
Age of wonders II and III
The movies
Sid Meier's Civilizations V
Heroes of might and magic III
Might and magic X legacy
Sid Meier's Pirates
Scholar
#38 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 10:06 AM
At the moment, modded Minecraft.

We are currently busy with building our base on the moon Below are some pictures. I am sorry that they are very dark. But I finished building the last machines when it was getting night on the moon. And the moon is always becoming depressingly dark, with lights not even working properly anymore like normal on Minecraft Earth If anyone is interested I could also post some screenshots of my base on Earth and maybe some of the other player's bases.

We are using a custom modpack that I made, based on a FTB modpack Magic Farm 2 (yanked out mods that I don't like and added other mods that me or other players wanted). Running this on a server for some friends and family.

Apart from this I also like Civilization 5, Skyrim, TS3, Tropico 4. But this is just current. I have difficulty chosing all time favourites. This just changes over time for me.
Scholar
#39 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 11:40 PM
My favorite MMORPGs are Ragnarok, Aion and Tera. I also am a big fan of the Mass Effect and Tomb Raider franchise. I love the Assassin's Creed franchise but it seems to be decaying a lot lately. A few other games that have a special place in my heart are Portal 1 and 2, Alien: Isolation, Dragon Age, Dead Space trilogy, Mirror's Edge, TES V: Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite, the old Donkey Kong games, Shadow of Mordor...
Theorist
#40 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 3:16 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 13th Dec 2014 at 4:31 AM.
The original Combat Mission trilogy, aka Combat Mission 1, by Battlefront.
Sample video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA630RbGcVo

The Empire series of games, including Empire: Wargame of the Century and Empire Deluxe. The newest version can be found at Killer Bee Software.

Also, Railroad Tycoon II Platinum Edition.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 4:45 PM
Games

The Sims Series
Sonic the Hedgehog (CD and Sonic Adventure 1 onward)
Mario Party
Super Smash Brothers (from Melee and onward)
Katamari Damacy series

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 11:06 PM
Some of my favorite games are
F.E.A.R. (series)
Dragon Age Series
Zelda
Mass Effect Series
Sims

mmo's
Aion
Elder Scrolls Online
Tera
Guild Wars 2
Vindictus
FFXIV:Arr

Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face for you to frown, But it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch slap that mother@#?!&! up side the head!
Theorist
#43 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 1:34 AM
Play a lot of games, but in between and after games it always comes back to:
Solitaire
Test Subject
#44 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 3:07 PM
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 7:47 AM
Candy Frenzy and Jetboom!
Scholar
#46 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 10:51 AM
Sims 2
Dragon Age series
Mass Effect series
TES 5: Skyrim
Final Fantasy series
Silent Hill series

Pokemon Games!!!!!
Golden Sun Games
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 2:46 PM
Tomb Raider I
Driver
Dead to Rights
Max Payne
Splinter Cell
The Getaway
True Crime
Mad Poster
#48 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 8:19 PM
Pokémon series
Sonic the Hedgehog series
The Sims 1-3
Dead or Alive 1-4 and the Volleyball spin-offs (I am a girl and it's like playing with Barbies)
Kingdom Hearts (The first one, which I finished all the way through, make me burst into tears when viewing the ending)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)

Page 2 of 2